• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Interested in your thoughts on the brawl yesterday

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So... Trubisky slides, gets lit up pretty good right in front of our sideline. Upon further review, it couldn't have been more of an accident and the DB even tried to let up before contact.

Bellamy and Miller go absolutely postal. As does a good portion of our sideline. All hell breaks loose and Bears everywhere are shoving and/or throwing punches. Even our defensive players such as Amukamara are making their way on the field to get into the scuffle. Niners are out numbered and basically just fending for their life while we bark our asses off, shove and throw hands.

Now...

I like seeing fight in a team like that. I like seeing a team stick up for their QB. However, I feel that escalated to a stupid level... and may have been a tad immature, ill advised... etc..

It also cost us TWO wide receivers in the midst of a key drive, trying to close out a close game on the road.

Interested in what everyone thought.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was dumb, but every NFL pundit out there can suck a fat dick for praising Sherman/excusing him.

Everything I saw on it, was boo Bears, and Sherman was just defending his teammate.

After the cheapshot earlier in the year by Harrison Smith, that sidelined Mitch for two weeks, I can understand that still being fresh on their minds, and I love them looking out for their QB, but they need to be smarter than that.

Pretty dumb considering where they are and what's left to do.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if Bellamy and Miller miss a playoff game over that shit, then it was really dumb. Fuck-retarded, really.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was dumb, but every NFL pundit out there can suck a fat dick for praising Sherman/excusing him.

Everything I saw on it, was boo Bears, and Sherman was just defending his teammate.

After the cheapshot earlier in the year by Harrison Smith, that sidelined Mitch for two weeks, I can understand that still being fresh on their minds, and I love them looking out for their QB, but they need to be smarter than that.

The sports media really enjoys blowing Sherman ever since that post-game interview from the NFC Title game. Overcompensation for the initial reaction of people calling him a "thug"... etc... Personally, I think if you constantly put yourself in the middle of shit. It shouldn't be a shock when you get called out on it.

There's a difference between "defending your teammate" and escalating a situation. He made that situation worse... not better.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with @beardown07 that it was dumb.
And I don't want to condone or praise it.
However, I also feel this was a rallying moment for the team.
Sometimes something stupid will have a unifying affect.
This may have been it.
The photo shows defensive players like Trevathan getting involved.

brawl.0.jpg

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it doesn't result in any suspensions, then it's a meh moment for me. I'm predicting meh.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree, next time the Bears need to designate two practice squad guys to go after the idiot late hitting the Bear QB!

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it doesn't result in any suspensions, then it's a meh moment for me. I'm predicting meh.
I'm not. Like I posted in the other thread, Talib and Crabtree got 2 game suspensions, and their fight did not start a riot.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not. Like I posted in the other thread, Talib and Crabtree got 2 game suspensions, and their fight did not start a riot.
Yeah, I posted mine before I read yours. Now I'm concerned.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with @beardown07 that it was dumb.
And I don't want to condone or praise it.
However, I also feel this was a rallying moment for the team.
Sometimes something stupid will have a unifying affect.
This may have been it.
The photo shows defensive players like Trevathan getting involved.

brawl.0.jpg

Yeah, Trevathan was smack in the middle of it.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's a waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy different thing man. Those two turned an NFL game into their own personal boxing match.

I'll bet my life that they do not get two games. Utterly zero chance. This was a team-on-team thing much more than it was about individuals. They got swept up in a big brawl.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy different thing man. Those two turned an NFL game into their own personal boxing match.

I'll bet my life that they do not get two games. Utterly zero chance. This was a team-on-team thing much more than it was about individuals. They got swept up in a big brawl.

Lets hope you don't have to. Yea, I don't know. A game seems more reasonable, but when has the NFL been "reasonable"?

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought the hit on Trubs was flagrant. Then i saw the replay and thought it wasn't too bad at all (the defender was letting up). But at full speed it looked flagrant and our boys responded as they should have--they don't have the benefit of slow motion in the heat of the moment.

It wasn't a big deal, it wasn't a big brawl. Everyone getting excited over nothing.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets hope you don't have to. Yea, I don't know. A game seems more reasonable, but when has the NFL been "reasonable"?

It doesn't appear that anything is happening. I would have to think tomorrow is the last possible day we could hear news on that front.

michigaNDer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brawl? Post the video on the NHL board for some good laughs. Hell, I think the MLB board would laugh at you. You could see better brawls at Walmart on black friday.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brawl? Post the video on the NHL board for some good laughs. Hell, I think the MLB board would laugh at you. You could see better brawls at Walmart on black friday.

I think punches thrown by 4-5 different people and three ejections constitutes "brawl"... but hey... what do I know?

Fairly certain baseball calls it a brawl if two guys scrap, plus pushing/shoving. There were at least four here, plus that.

Hockey hardly fights anymore and I've never found the sport interesting enough to begin with. I've always thought the perceived "toughness" aspect of hockey was so forced and the self-glamorization of it all to be nauseating. We get it... you don't groom your beard and make an asserted effort to make yourself mangy looking. Wow, super cool bro. You must be tougher than nails.

Football has a brawl in the trenches on every play. So, if that isn't considered a "brawl"... it means nothing to me.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it had been the Patriots, everyone outside of New England would be looking for life suspensions and the loss of first round draft picks for the next twenty years..........just sayin'.....................

NFL doesn't follow it's own rules. Minute anyone comes on the field from the sideline it's supposed be a game ejection followd by a one game suspension. How many Bears were ejected?

The Bears wanted to bully the 49ers. They're trying like hell to be the 1985 Bears......let it go and be the 2018 Bears.

michigaNDer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think punches thrown by 4-5 different people and three ejections constitutes "brawl"... but hey... what do I know?

Fairly certain baseball calls it a brawl if two guys scrap, plus pushing/shoving. There were at least four here, plus that.

Hockey hardly fights anymore and I've never found the sport interesting enough to begin with. I've always thought the perceived "toughness" aspect of hockey was so forced and the self-glamorization of it all to be nauseating. We get it... you don't groom your beard and make an asserted effort to make yourself mangy looking. Wow, super cool bro. You must be tougher than nails.

Football has a brawl in the trenches on every play. So, if that isn't considered a "brawl"... it means nothing to me.
Call it what you want. Didn't think there was much there. Here's a video of recent NHL brawls. Please count the beards. Just to educate you. Beards are a tradition during the playoffs, but I dig your take on it.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it had been the Patriots, everyone outside of New England would be looking for life suspensions and the loss of first round draft picks for the next twenty years..........just sayin'.....................

NFL doesn't follow it's own rules. Minute anyone comes on the field from the sideline it's supposed be a game ejection followd by a one game suspension. How many Bears were ejected?

The Bears wanted to bully the 49ers. They're trying like hell to be the 1985 Bears......let it go and be the 2018 Bears.

I have seen literally nothing out of the Bears which would indicate that they want to be the 85 Bears. Their personalities and HC could not be more polar opposite. lol. They got a little over-zealous in trying to protect their QB. This was their absolute FIRST incident of the sort all season long.

Oh good laaawwwd...

I am a big Pats guy and have defended them at every stop with their stupid, fabricated scandals. However, the only thing worse than the fans who cry about the Pats. MAYBE... just MAYBE could be the Pats fans who don't stop the never ending pity party for themselves.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call it what you want. Didn't think there was much there. Here's a video of recent NHL brawls. Please count the beards. Just to educate you. Beards are a tradition during the playoffs, but I dig your take on it.

Very few of these are actually recent. Nearly all of them had the game stopped to allow a fight. I wonder what an NFL game would look like if you did that? Just saying... You don't think some players would have been squared up with the helmets off on Sunday?

I know that the beard thing is a playoff tradition. It's just one part of a whole culture within hockey that seems forced and has always rubbed me the wrong way.

I have friends who played hockey growing up in Chicago. Good dudes, passionate about the sport. When you're into hockey, you're really into it. I tried to get into the Blackhawks when we were good. Not to pass myself off like I was around the whole time through the dog days (like so many fans did in Chicago... bleck) but just to root for the city's best team. I couldn't do it and could really only follow the playoffs.

Live games are fun enough. I can't do it on TV, though.

Anyway, I didn't mean to knock at your sport... just not my thing. Merry Christmas to ya.