• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Injuries mount for Flyers

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not fucking bad! I have taken a shit or two since I last saw one of your posts though I have kept my fuck stick to myself! (I like cursing)

lol Easy bro. You don't want to use up all those "fucks" too soon! :D

Larry N

Flyers fan for life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I want to have faith in Hartnell, I really do - he's been one of my favorite Flyers over the past few seasons. However, he just looks lost right now (read, this whole season). It's like he forgot how to skate and shoot. I won't say pass, because some of those cross-ice wonders have connected beautifully...with the other team.

attachment.php

I think part of the problem stems from the big season he had. I think it was an aberration, but it added unrealistic expectations from himself and others as to what he can/should do. Not that it accounts for his play going completely off the cliff, but I think it's contributed.

Put him on a checking line as an agitator and he'd flourish, imo. But given what the Flyers pay him, that would make him too expensive in that role.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol Easy bro. You don't want to use up all those "fucks" too soon! :D

Whatever you say, ya ni-
Let's make a rule that no one says that...not with it ending in an "a" anyway...:D

GagneFire12

Miley Cyrus, say what?
In a flat with tinted sunlight and creaky floorboa
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think part of the problem stems from the big season he had. I think it was an aberration, but it added unrealistic expectations from himself and others as to what he can/should do. Not that it accounts for his play going completely off the cliff, but I think it's contributed.

Put him on a checking line as an agitator and he'd flourish, imo. But given what the Flyers pay him, that would make him too expensive in that role.

I definitely agree, like Flyers was saying: putting Hartnell on a line with Powe and Asham could spark his play. That would allow Leino to shift up with Richie, creating two scoring lines and two checking lines, essentially.

Larry N

Flyers fan for life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Like your lines, Scott. I generally like having Asham with Giroux and JVR to clear space for them and make sure no one takes liberties. But I suppose in the playoffs, the need for that sort of policing isn't as great.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
those are good lines and i also like the jvr giroux asham line. i was thinking of lines earlier and came up with these.

leino-richards-carcillo

jvr-giroux-briere (i like this line and when giroux and briere are out there they put on a passing clinic)

hartnell-powe-asham (this line was together when carter was injured and they were actually really good together. hartnell actually registered a point on this line)

laliberte-betts-laperierre

i heard laliberte will get called up. i am surprised it was not maroon or leigen. leigen has been a very good 2 way good scorer. maroon is a physical player. i guess they want someone with nhl experience though.

even when gagne and carter were not scoring they were playing defense and were in the offensive zone.

Bottom line --- we're screwed with this line up.

I always bleed O&B and I'll never turn my back on our boys, but that lineup right there is one step up from Edmonton's.

GagneFire12

Miley Cyrus, say what?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I always bleed O&B and I'll never turn my back on our boys, but that lineup right there is one step up from Edmonton's.

Never say never, Tox. If we can seal the deal tomorrow, that will give our players a week long period of rest.

Plus, if Montreal wins tonight their series is tied...and their lineup doesn't look good on paper, either.

scottflyers88

Lets Go Flyers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
yea i like your lines also. not sure if we should stack our top 2 lines because this team seems more built for depth. i also agree that hartnell is more of an agitator and not a 30 goal scorer. it just seemed like last year everything he threw at the net went in. and he had like 2 or 3 hat tricks. i really think carcillo can fit into that role and do it better than hartnell. he is more gifted in terms of stick handling and goal scoring. if carcillo stays on the richards line for an entire year i think he could put up 20 goals. and he costs much less. hartnell will most likely be gone after this season.

edit: reply to larry.

scottflyers88

Lets Go Flyers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

not really. their defense is no where near as good as ours. we still have richards, briere, giroux, jvr, carcillo, and hartnell. i doubt we go far. hopefully we can win one game in this series. if we get to the next round and win then gagne should be back for round 3.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never say never, Tox. If we can seal the deal tomorrow, that will give our players a week long period of rest.

Plus, if Montreal wins tonight their series is tied...and their lineup doesn't look good on paper, either.

As that blind bitch once said :

Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement.

I'm just trying to be realistic my friend. A week of rest is not going to help this pig look any better bro.

GagneFire12

Miley Cyrus, say what?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As that blind bitch once said :

Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement.

I'm just trying to be realistic my friend. A week of rest is not going to help this pig look any better bro.

At the very least it would give the new lines time to gel. I'm just looking for the positives. Bottom line, the boys have to get it done tomorrow. The rest of the league isn't going to feel sorry for them, so they can't feel sorry for themselves. Nut up, or shut up.