• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Injuries mount for Flyers

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely. They'll need those 2 to step up.

On an unrelated note. Pat's King of Steaks is better the Genos.

Tox might disagree. I don't know....

I disagree...howdja gettit?

Larry N

Flyers fan for life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If their defense continues its stellar play, I guess anything could happen. But they aren't going anywhere if Hartnell and/or JVR don't step it up a notch.

It's interesting how fans watching the same game can have different perspectives. I think JVR's been fine. He's been up on his skates, forechecking hard, and he would have ended game 3 before OT if Marty hadn't laid a sweet pokecheck on him. I have a feeling he'll pop a couple pretty soon.

Hartnell, on the other hand....well.....:mad:

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I think you guys will win the series but I don't know if they can do much more then that.

Hopefully I'm wrong though...

Oh, I agree completely. The road ahead is looking pretty fucking tough.

....who the hell do you think you are?? A Palmyra guy rooting for a foe?!!! You must be some kind of transplant because I never heard of such blasphemy against the home team from any local before.

jk :D

GagneFire12

Miley Cyrus, say what?
In a flat with tinted sunlight and creaky floorboa
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's interesting how fans watching the same game can have different perspectives. I think JVR's been fine. He's been up on his skates, forechecking hard, and he would have ended game 3 before OT if Marty hadn't laid a sweet pokecheck on him. I have a feeling he'll pop a couple pretty soon.

Oh no, I completely agree with you. I just think if the Flyers are to have any chance at advancing, he'll have to be even better. If he can start contributing in the goal scoring column, the loss of Carter/Gagne is easier to swallow.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely. They'll need those 2 to step up.

On an unrelated note. Pat's King of Steaks is better the Genos.

Tox might disagree. I don't know....

Yes...........and, yes. Pat's is the shit!! lol

Larry N

Flyers fan for life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Oh no, I completely agree with you. I just think if the Flyers are to have any chance at advancing, he'll have to be even better. If he can start contributing in the goal scoring column, the loss of Carter/Gagne is easier to swallow.

Ah, gotcha. Reflex action on my part. Anytime I see someone paired with Hartnell in the same sentence, I figure they're getting slagged by association.

:D

Urkie

The MVP...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Oh, I agree completely. The road ahead is looking pretty fucking tough.

....who the hell do you think you are?? A Palmyra guy rooting for a foe?!!! You must be some kind of transplant because I never heard of such blasphemy against the home team from any local before.

jk :D

The Flyers are my number 2 team for your information. :)

Comes down to Caps or Pens and....well. You see where I'm going with that.

Plus I've been to 2 or 3 Flyers games now. I plan on being there again for a playoff game. Don't know when yet but I definitely will. My brother is a huge Flyers fan now (converted from a Leafs fan) so I'll probably buy him some tickets and surprise him. He did buy me some tickets in the past so it's kind of a debt I owe him...lol

GagneFire12

Miley Cyrus, say what?
In a flat with tinted sunlight and creaky floorboa
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah, gotcha. Reflex action on my part. Anytime I see someone paired with Hartnell in the same sentence, I figure they're getting slagged by association.

:D

I want to have faith in Hartnell, I really do - he's been one of my favorite Flyers over the past few seasons. However, he just looks lost right now (read, this whole season). It's like he forgot how to skate and shoot. I won't say pass, because some of those cross-ice wonders have connected beautifully...with the other team.

attachment.php

Urkie

The MVP...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yes...........and, yes. Pat's is the shit!! lol

I've had both Genos and Pat's now. Similar but Pat's is just better...

It's really too bad I couldn't get one of those more often though...sigh

scottflyers88

Lets Go Flyers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

i agree. i alot of people were saying the same thing about gagne and carter. they played very well they just got robbed a lot. hopefully jvr can pot a few though.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4706....my brother!!! How the fuck are ya man?!! :D

Not fucking bad! I have taken a shit or two since I last saw one of your posts though I have kept my fuck stick to myself! (I like cursing)

scottflyers88

Lets Go Flyers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Not too worried about it from a goal scoring perspective. At least for this series. I still think the Flyers win in six. But....

How do the lines configure now? Easy enough to say stick Ville in for Gags. But who moves to the second line? Maybe it's better to put Ville on the second line with Briere and Hartnell and slot Powe up with Richards and Carbomb. I don't really want to beak up the JVR-Giroux-Asham line if it can be helped.

those are good lines and i also like the jvr giroux asham line. i was thinking of lines earlier and came up with these.

leino-richards-carcillo

jvr-giroux-briere (i like this line and when giroux and briere are out there they put on a passing clinic)

hartnell-powe-asham (this line was together when carter was injured and they were actually really good together. hartnell actually registered a point on this line)

laliberte-betts-laperierre

i heard laliberte will get called up. i am surprised it was not maroon or leigen. leigen has been a very good 2 way good scorer. maroon is a physical player. i guess they want someone with nhl experience though.

even when gagne and carter were not scoring they were playing defense and were in the offensive zone.