• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Injuries mount for Flyers

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Carter or Gagne for game 5? Yikes...

Flyers general manager Paul Holmgren issued the following statement on Wednesday morning regarding forwards Jeff Carter and Simon Gagne:

“Jeff Carter and Simon Gagne both suffered injuries to their right foot in Tuesday night’s game. Neither will be available to play Thursday, and both players are listed as day-to-day.”

loki604

Don't Blame the Refs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well, Carter didn't play the first three games of the series and Philly still went 2-1.

GagneFire12

Miley Cyrus, say what?
In a flat with tinted sunlight and creaky floorboa
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Carter didn't play the first three games of the series and Philly still went 2-1.

Exactly. Gagne seems to play very well against the Devils, but even he was having a rough go of things. The forecheck of the Gagne/Richards/Carbomb line was ferocious, however - and a big factor in the 3-1 series lead. If Leino can come in and provide the same tenacity, then the Flyers will be fine.

GagneFire12

Miley Cyrus, say what?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Flyers are just playing stellar defense. Boucher has been solid, but he hasn't needed to be exemplar. They have been getting sticks/and or bodies in lanes all series long. It's just the penalties that scare the bejesus out of me. The Flyers have controlled 5-on-5 play (New Jersey didn't score one even-strength goal in Philly), but if they keep marching this parade to the penalty box they are going to get burned.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More details on the Carter injury from the AP....

"Team doctors attended to Jeff Carter after the game when he started feeling a little dizzy and numb. Team physician Guy Lanzi noted, "We think it was mostly just shock. Even he didn't expect he'd score 2 goals tonight." While the team did not want to comment on whether Carter would or would not play in Game 5, an anonymous source expressed hope that the Capitals' Alexander Semin would not score 2 goals, and further worsen Carter's condition."

oldschoolhockeyfan

Lifetime of Hockey
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Exactly. Gagne seems to play very well against the Devils, but even he was having a rough go of things. The forecheck of the Gagne/Richards/Carbomb line was ferocious, however - and a big factor in the 3-1 series lead. If Leino can come in and provide the same tenacity, then the Flyers will be fine.

It's strange to see Leino and tenacity in the same sentence. Hope Ville contributes though.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
So reports are saying Carter has a broken RIGHT foot now. I guess playing hockey on two broken feet would be kind of tough. We'll see how much of a warrior Jesus is.

as my old coach used to say.... that's a long way from your heart, son.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess playing hockey on two broken feet would be kind of tough.

Not too many Bobby Baun's out there (broken leg in his case)

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I must admit I'm baffled by this series. I don't know how the Flyers are doing it but, they are. Some teams just have the number of others. Boucher must be really enjoying this.

Same here. Don't they lead the Series 3-1? Wow

Larry N

Flyers fan for life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I must admit I'm baffled by this series. I don't know how the Flyers are doing it but, they are. Some teams just have the number of others. Boucher must be really enjoying this.

Flyers fans felt going into this series that this was the best match up they could have hoped for. Reagrdless of how they were playing at any point in the year, they seemed to be able to handle the Devs.

Boucher's been good so far, but I think it's been the play of the bottom two lines that have made a difference so far in the series. Giroux, JVR, Laperriere, and Betts aren't getting on the score sheet a lot, but they're playing their rear ends off (killing penalties, winning key draws, just doing the smart little things that make a difference).

GagneFire12

Miley Cyrus, say what?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as my old coach used to say.... that's a long way from your heart, son.

Don't worry, I think Jeff has a good idea of where the heart is.

carterboob.bmp

GagneFire12

Miley Cyrus, say what?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flyers fans felt going into this series that this was the best match up they could have hoped for. Reagrdless of how they were playing at any point in the year, they seemed to be able to handle the Devs.

Boucher's been good so far, but I think it's been the play of the bottom two lines that have made a difference so far in the series. Giroux, JVR, Laperriere, and Betts aren't getting on the score sheet a lot, but they're playing their rear ends off (killing penalties, winning key draws, just doing the smart little things that make a difference).

Giroux has been fantastic. Betts and Laperierre have been the glue to this team all year long. Their effort has been infectious in this series. Everyone is getting into lanes and putting their body in front of shots (unfortunately for Gagne, he's on the shelf for it).

sTyLnK

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what they say, good teams find a way to win. :P