• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Injuries Continue to Mount

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if you still have time to do it or not, but if you can, go back and mention the name Kirk Cousins as an addendum to your post, so that you too won't be added to the "ABC'er"....."Hater" list.:D

We are saving that spot for just a few good men Sty. :D

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jesus christ with are starters we lose without are starters we lose = the same ...... yawn

If you're someone who believes our back ups are good players. You've had to of thought the same thing or something similar to what coach said above at some point. Well, unless you're completely fuckin delusional and think all our injured starters are pro bowlers and studs. Which if you think all our back ups are ballers is entirely possible I imagine.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're someone who believes our back ups are good players. You've had to of thought the same thing or something similar to what coach said above at some point. Well, unless you're completely fuckin delusional and think all our injured starters are pro bowlers and studs. Which if you think all our back ups are ballers is entirely possible I imagine.

Truth is, we're down to backups for our backups in some spots now and they are performing pretty well. What accounts for this? Knowing and carrying out assignments at the minimal standard of competent or better. Beyond their own abilities, the credit goes to coaching.

BTW: Kirk Cousins, who has nothing to do with how others are performing, but, a mention is evidently required in these discussions. :D

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Truth is, we're down to backups for our backups in some spots now and they are performing pretty well. What accounts for this? Knowing and carrying out assignments at the minimal standard of competent or better. Beyond their own abilities, the credit goes to coaching.

BTW: Kirk Cousins, who has nothing to do with how others are performing, but, a mention is evidently required in these discussions. :D

Sty you did that better than the Fonz trying to say "wrrrroo ..."; "wwwrrooooo...."; "wrrrrrooooonnnn ..." Welcome to the enlightened side my friend. :D:noidea:

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan Reed

Reed out yet again tonight. Makes you start to wonder if the Skins should perhaps consider moving on w/o him - maybe trade him. His dead cap number is 5.4M next season. This is a tricky one. The guy is awesome when he plays, but at this time it almost appears inevitable that he will get hurt at some time in the season & perhaps for long stretches (like this season). Perhaps Reed may even consider retiring in the near future. So frustrating.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan Reed

Reed out yet again tonight. Makes you start to wonder if the Skins should perhaps consider moving on w/o him - maybe trade him. His dead cap number is 5.4M next season. This is a tricky one. The guy is awesome when he plays, but at this time it almost appears inevitable that he will get hurt at some time in the season & perhaps for long stretches (like this season). Perhaps Reed may even consider retiring in the near future. So frustrating.
Reed's talent out weighs his recent extension which was really a steal for someone with his ability. Missing games always factors into contracts. The Skins no Reed better than anyone and they had to take into consideration Reed misses games each year. His track record since Florida and early years in the NFL made that very clear.

With this never ending discussion about Reed's health out of the way, Reed is also a top 3 TE in the league when healthy. Sure, he struggles in the run game as he is not your typical inline blocker (too small) but he also posses the BEST route running skills and one of the TOP hands receiving TE's in the league right now and has been for a couple of years. Reed is a difference maker when on the field and changes defensive concepts when teams must prepare for him and the Redskins offense. I say give Reed some slack as we have all seen this is Jordan Reed. You either live with it or continue to beat the dead horse. I will live with it until he is not a Redskin anyone.

HTTR!

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reed's talent out weighs his recent extension which was really a steal for someone with his ability. Missing games always factors into contracts. The Skins no Reed better than anyone and they had to take into consideration Reed misses games each year. His track record since Florida and early years in the NFL made that very clear.

With this never ending discussion about Reed's health out of the way, Reed is also a top 3 TE in the league when healthy. Sure, he struggles in the run game as he is not your typical inline blocker (too small) but he also posses the BEST route running skills and one of the TOP hands receiving TE's in the league right now and has been for a couple of years. Reed is a difference maker when on the field and changes defensive concepts when teams must prepare for him and the Redskins offense. I say give Reed some slack as we have all seen this is Jordan Reed. You either live with it or continue to beat the dead horse. I will live with it until he is not a Redskin anyone.

HTTR!

That is fair enough & don't get me wrong - I am not advocating getting rid of him - just thinking out loud & wondering how the Redskins think. Again - this is frustrating & hope that he has some games left in him this season & many more in the future.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is fair enough & don't get me wrong - I am not advocating getting rid of him - just thinking out loud & wondering how the Redskins think. Again - this is frustrating & hope that he has some games left in him this season & many more in the future.

And watching all the "talk shows" this morning, why do I get the feeling the Boys feel like the Redskins are a good antidote to turning around their recent string of bad play? I feel like there are more reasons to get behind the Skins given their injury debacle this season while remaining competitive which I don't think most other teams would have been able to accomplish.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And watching all the "talk shows" this morning, why do I get the feeling the Boys feel like the Redskins are a good antidote to turning around their recent string of bad play? I feel like there are more reasons to get behind the Skins given their injury debacle this season while remaining competitive which I don't think most other teams would have been able to accomplish.

Props to the coaching staff this season they've done a great job

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone check in on @deanpet21 now that Moses just went down with a injury. Not sure who to send the get well soon flowers too?