• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Indulge me: 2010 = 2024?

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The edibles are kicking in and I'm feeling good after watching Snell...

But hear me out

The 2010 team had 3 top level starters (Timmeh, Cain, Sanchez), an emerging lefty stud (Bum of course), a very good bullpen with a nail biter closer, and a middling offense

Sound familiar?

Biggest difference is sadly that the 2010 team had a much better record at this point, had their big 3 the entire season, and a positive run differential. So I'm not high enough to think this team is like that, but there are parallels. Give us this team to start the year and we are a strong wild card with a rotation that can win a title, just like the not-favorite 2010 team.

I hope they find a way to keep Snell, why not? Finishing strong he may see what I'm typing here...he looks like he likes the Snoop life too.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We say the way we win here is this model, stellar pitching as the main thing, good defense (Bailey, Lee, Schmitt, Chapman, etc)...let's keep this going to 2025

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Snell keeps pitching like this, he is going to opt out for sure. No way he doesn't try the market again to see if he can finally get that big deal.
Absolutely....from US!

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of reminiscing, local feed is showing past no hitters like Timmeh's 148 pitch one and Cain's perfecto

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants with 12.4% chance to make the playoffs (not sure if updated for tonight)

1 in 8!

Dumb And Dumber Lloyd GIF

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We say the way we win here is this model, stellar pitching as the main thing, good defense (Bailey, Lee, Schmitt, Chapman, etc)...let's keep this going to 2025
I mean….Snelk was amazing and I love me some no-no…BUT…14 strikeouts is a problem.

if we had this team at the beginning of the year (with a healthy Lee) we are right there with the Pads.

But we didn’t, there are too many teams to pass and this team just doesn’t hit. We aren’t going to get shutouts very often. Still and all — fun to watch.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean….Snelk was amazing and I love me some no-no…BUT…14 strikeouts is a problem.

if we had this team at the beginning of the year (with a healthy Lee) we are right there with the Pads.

But we didn’t, there are too many teams to pass and this team just doesn’t hit. We aren’t going to get shutouts very often. Still and all — fun to watch.
I just feel good about next year if they can keep Snell...the guys in this lineup now, picture them a full year more or less. Crazy good rotation. Glass half full for me.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just feel good about next year if they can keep Snell...the guys in this lineup now, picture them a full year more or less. Crazy good rotation. Glass half full for me.
Agreed. I enjoy pitching more than hitting anyway. And I have to admit that Snelk seems like a really good teammate.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. I enjoy pitching more than hitting anyway. And I have to admit that Snelk seems like a really good teammate.
He seems like a chill West Coast dude (from Seattle)...I really think he could stay

Finish the year strong, he sticks around with a great pitcher's park and a promising young team

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He seems like a chill West Coast dude (from Seattle)...I really think he could stay

Finish the year strong, he sticks around with a great pitcher's park and a promising young team
We have 4 other pitchers under contract (assuming Ray does NOT opt out). And we have SP depth with our top prospects.

Is paying Snell for 4 or 5 years really the best use of resources?

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have 4 other pitchers under contract (assuming Ray does NOT opt out). And we have SP depth with our top prospects.

Is paying Snell for 4 or 5 years really the best use of resources?
Fuckin a! 2010 is the model. Snell is Lincecum Webb is Cain Ray is Sanchez Doval is Weezy Harrison is Bum Bailey is Posey Ramos is Panda it’s uncanny!

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely....from US!
While I like your enthusiasm ... I feel it's rather 'homey'. Snell will sign a big contact and it will not really be about the money. He will get whatever he wants, and from multiple teams. He will pick a team based on what ever else they can offer besides money. Same as Judge, Ohtani and Yamamoto did. The Dodgers can and will offer whatever we do in terms of money ... and I don't see any reason for him going here rather than the Dodgers. We need another type of approach with some sort of 'hook'. The Dodgers can offer ... an almost deliverable divisional title .... a sure playoff spot .... pretty much so can teams like the Braves, Phillies, Yankees etc. We need to somehow counter that. This is what I think our main issue is with free agents. I don't think it's all about the money any longer. We need to somehow sell 'our future' and somehow integrate them into that vision. They have to want to play here and be part of that vision. In the case of the Dodgers (and other top teams) our vision has to be more interesting to them than a guaranteed playoff position .... it can be done ... just not sure what the 'hook' is ....

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I like your enthusiasm ... I feel it's rather 'homey'. Snell will sign a big contact and it will not really be about the money. He will get whatever he wants, and from multiple teams. He will pick a team based on what ever else they can offer besides money. Same as Judge, Ohtani and Yamamoto did. The Dodgers can and will offer whatever we do in terms of money ... and I don't see any reason for him going here rather than the Dodgers. We need another type of approach with some sort of 'hook'. The Dodgers can offer ... an almost deliverable divisional title .... a sure playoff spot .... pretty much so can teams like the Braves, Phillies, Yankees etc. We need to somehow counter that. This is what I think our main issue is with free agents. I don't think it's all about the money any longer. We need to somehow sell 'our future' and somehow integrate them into that vision. They have to want to play here and be part of that vision. In the case of the Dodgers (and other top teams) our vision has to be more interesting to them than a guaranteed playoff position .... it can be done ... just not sure what the 'hook' is ....
That’s why FZ makes the big bucks! Yes this is a homer take, I’m a Giants fan. I’m just saying it’s not impossible and if this team finishes strong maybe they can sell him on being the leader of a 3 ace squad with emerging young hitters, go get another FA or whatever. I’m just not going to assume he leaves, perhaps that one reason they didn’t trade him

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s why FZ makes the big bucks! Yes this is a homer take, I’m a Giants fan. I’m just saying it’s not impossible and if this team finishes strong maybe they can sell him on being the leader of a 3 ace squad with emerging young hitters, go get another FA or whatever. I’m just not going to assume he leaves, perhaps that one reason they didn’t trade him
I agrree ... but I'm just not sure that FZ is our answer. IMHO he hasnt done much since being here. Not sure if it's him or ownership. But since 2014 this team has struggled (other than 2021).
I also think it's a very complicated and difficult job to sell a player the 'future' and that is the position we are in. Also think that it's much more difficult to sell a super star a vision rather than an almost reality. Thats why the Doggies make our life miserable. Hard to compete with thier current state

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agrree ... but I'm just not sure that FZ is our answer. IMHO he hasnt done much since being here. Not sure if it's him or ownership. But since 2014 this team has struggled (other than 2021).
I also think it's a very complicated and difficult job to sell a player the 'future' and that is the position we are in. Also think that it's much more difficult to sell a super star a vision rather than an almost reality. Thats why the Doggies make our life miserable. Hard to compete with thier current state
I don't understand the FZ hate...I might be mistaken on a couple of these names but isn't he the guy who got us Snell, Ray, Fitz, Ramos, Matos, Luciano, Doval, the Rogers twins, Wade, Chapman, Bailey, Harrison, Birdsong, etc...?

Most GMs don't win titles, right now he's one of those. He's not the reason power bats won't sign here.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am actually happy with the state of things (that are actually cashed, at least)

Tho dogs have 3 Championships since ‘81. 2 of those were of the Mickey Mouse variety. The Giants have 3 Championships since 2010, all of the completely legit variety.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand the FZ hate...I might be mistaken on a couple of these names but isn't he the guy who got us Snell, Ray, Fitz, Ramos, Matos, Luciano, Doval, the Rogers twins, Wade, Chapman, Bailey, Harrison, Birdsong, etc...?

Most GMs don't win titles, right now he's one of those. He's not the reason power bats won't sign here.
No. (He brought ONE of the twins here)

But he is the reason power arms sign here? Snell signed a prove it contract with a ridiculous opt out that very few other teams utilize or want anything to do with. I am SOOOOO done with the “The park is killing us” argument.