• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

In I Can't Find A Rope Sturdy Enough To Hang Myself News...

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
@SpearsNBAYahoo
Nash gets 3-year guaranteed $27 million deal, his agent Bill Duffy tells Y! "He's ecstatic. He gets to be close to his children," Duffy said

I don't know man...if this is true and sincere, then it's really tough to hate on the guy for his decision. It still sucks for the Raps organization though.

froman77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@SpearsNBAYahoo
Nash gets 3-year guaranteed $27 million deal, his agent Bill Duffy tells Y! "He's ecstatic. He gets to be close to his children," Duffy said

I don't know man...if this is true and sincere, then it's really tough to hate on the guy for his decision. It still sucks for the Raps organization though.

i got nothing against nash. as much as i hate kobe, id love to see nash get a ring. but nash being on the lakers just hurts my mind

CarlWinslow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
@SpearsNBAYahoo

its bullshit, he lives in ny in the offseason

dafan590

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Im sure BC knew he was not going to come after they met on July 1st.

I am confident that raps picking ross and fields have nothing to do with Nash.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
From ESPN:

The most difficult aspect of his decision, sources said, was turning down Toronto, which made the biggest financial offer to Nash in hopes of convincing Canada's best player ever to come north of the border and re-establish the Raptors as a playoff team in addition to his new role as general manager of the Canadian men's national team.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
From ESPN:

The most difficult aspect of his decision, sources said, was turning down Toronto, which made the biggest financial offer to Nash in hopes of convincing Canada's best player ever to come north of the border and re-establish the Raptors as a playoff team in addition to his new role as general manager of the Canadian men's national team.

Again, it could be bullshit. But, at the end of the day, Nash is 38. He has to try one more time to get that ring rather than be a deity for Canadian basketball.

CarlWinslow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Again, it could be bullshit. But, at the end of the day, Nash is 38. He has to try one more time to get that ring rather than be a deity for Canadian basketball.

he won't get one, LA has two playoff teams now so the league has no need to milk either one for four rounds.

dafan590

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I am actually very okay that he went to the lakers. It would hurt so bad if he went to the Knicks. I hope he wins a ring before he retires.

Now, let's try to take the positives out of this whole thing. Before free agency began, most of the raptors fans like KDS were opposed to sign Nash because he's too old. Then, everyone got caught by the hype from the media.....everyone expected and thought Nash was gonna come for sure on July 1st, but he didn't. That pretty much hurt the fan base, so they started calling for BC's head.

Since Dragic is not closed to a contract extension with Rockets, I think the Raps have a huge chance of landing him, cuz he's a euro after all.

The players that will be gone by the end of the offseason will be.....Jose.....James Johnson....ED davis...........

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good for Nash. He made the right choice. Let him go try to win a ring. Would have been exciting to see him here but I understand. Im actually going to root for the Lakers to win a title now.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am actually very okay that he went to the lakers. It would hurt so bad if he went to the Knicks. I hope he wins a ring before he retires.

Now, let's try to take the positives out of this whole thing. Before free agency began, most of the raptors fans like KDS were opposed to sign Nash because he's too old. Then, everyone got caught by the hype from the media.....everyone expected and thought Nash was gonna come for sure on July 1st, but he didn't. That pretty much hurt the fan base, so they started calling for BC's head.

Since Dragic is not closed to a contract extension with Rockets, I think the Raps have a huge chance of landing him, cuz he's a euro after all.

The players that will be gone by the end of the offseason will be.....Jose.....James Johnson....ED davis...........

Gragic would be an ok plan B. Problem is the Suns want him as well. So realistically does he pick Toronto over the team he started with?

CarlWinslow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
another thing, jesus has been really looking out for me of late disposing of rubio early and rose before the playoffs. Call it a string of really good luck or call it what you will but i get a strange feeling nash's back is on its final innings if he desn't retire soon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I think cooler heads will prevail in the end, and we will look back on this day and be relieved that Nash didn't pick us. Like dafan said, everyone got caught up in the hype and the fairytale. Now that we realize it wasn't meant to be, let's stick to the original game plan, which is developing a young core by adding more talent to the roster. Lowry and Fields would be just fine for this team come next season.

froman77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
screw u guys and ur rationality. it would have been AWESOME if nash came to the raptors. still one of the best pgs in the league, would make everyone better, probably gets us in the playoffs the next 3 years.

the fields signing still pisses me off to the extreme. the point of building through youth is getting the young guys on cheap contracts that doesnt mess up ur cap flexibility. this guy really isnt that young, is too expensive, and OH BY THE WAY FUCKING SUCKS. it was entirely a ploy to cockblock the knicks, and its a failure.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
screw u guys and ur rationality. it would have been AWESOME if nash came to the raptors. still one of the best pgs in the league, would make everyone better, probably gets us in the playoffs the next 3 years.

the fields signing still pisses me off to the extreme. the point of building through youth is getting the young guys on cheap contracts that doesnt mess up ur cap flexibility. this guy really isnt that young, is too expensive, and OH BY THE WAY FUCKING SUCKS. it was entirely a ploy to cockblock the knicks, and its a failure.

Remember that time Salesman cockblocked the wrong cock?? BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...ahhhh...good times

dafan590

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
also, if you're nash and you clearly want to go to new york, and then the raptors make a move with the only intention being that its preventing you from going there, WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU WANT TO SIGN WITH A TEAM THATS TRYING TO UNDERMINE YOUR PRIORITIES.

it never felt like the fields signing actually increased the raps chance of getting nash. such garbage

Quote of the day. Please REP him.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Great article on Nash and the Raps here: Steve Nash no villain for choosing Los Angeles Lakers over Toronto Raptors | NBA | Sports | National Post

Two quotes that hit the nail on the head

But the basketball itself — the actual basketball — what was so attractive about Toronto? Helping a mismatched crew of middling talent strive for the playoffs, maximizing flawed players in a flawed design, creating offence out of whole cloth … well, wasn’t that essentially what he has had to do in Phoenix for the last two seasons? Here are Andrea Bargnani, DeMar DeRozan, some interchangeable big men, a small forward to be named later and a teenage Lithuanian. Please take our money, and make them work.

Steve Nash didn’t owe it to the Raptors to turn a Hall of Fame career into a charity case and to be their saviour. Just because they made a mess, it doesn’t mean he had to clean it up. Instead, we get to see him on the high wire again, playing games that really matter, again. If you’re a fan of Canadian basketball — and of Steve Nash’s incredible exploration of possibility — what the hell would you rather see?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
jose-calderon.jpg

Looks like it's going to be another season

JUICEYP

Remmington smooth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
marc stein is tweetin that the raps are on the verge of trading for lowry, details still to come but a first rounder is involved

JUICEYP

Remmington smooth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine

Trade specifics still being worked out for what Houston will get but sources say Rockets WILL receive at least one future first-round pick
Expand