• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

In before all the Saints fans...

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This argument has always annoyed me. Having the two best teams in the conference in a close game means it shouldn't be close enough of a game to make a terrible call matter?
I think the argument, at least mine is, that there were other calls and non calls that affected the game as well

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the argument, at least mine is, that there were other calls and non calls that affected the game as well
That's fine. Obviously there are bad calls throughout every game. That is probably the most blatant pass interference cam I've ever seen ignored though. Refs were afraid to make a call at that point is my guess, but making a no call is essentially the same as making a call.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Total fuck job. Condolences Saints fans.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was it a bad call? Yes. However, I don't recall Saints fans having a problem with about 5 no-call RTP/late hits on Favre back in the 2009 NFC championship game. Among the worst no-calls of that game was the high/low hit on Favre's first INT, which would have resulted in the Vikings maintaining posession and ending up in FG range on 1st down in the 3rd quarter. The NFL even owned up to that particular no-call on the Saints D run by that POS Gregg Williams, and we could very well be talking about a titleless Drew Brees/Saints team to this day had that 1 call been made appropriately.

But what did we all hear after that game? We were told the Vikings did it to themselves with 6 turnovers and a couple stupid game management moves like the 12-men on the field penalty. We were told it never should have came down to OT, and had the Vikes made just 2-3 fewer stupid blunders, they win that game by two scores. But that's not what happened, and yes the blatant no-calls played a major role in their loss. I'm not even touching on the 3 horse chit calls that kept the Saints O moving on the 1 sudden death OT drive when the Vikes D had stopped them multiple times.

Yet today, we're told to not whine about refs. I'll deal with that, but only if the people pissing and moaning about it don't whine when the shoe on the other foot like this one. Just like the Vikes in 2009 game, you can say the Saints should not have needed to rely on that call, having been up 13 earlier. I still remember Saints fans getting salty over last year's Vikings win over them too, bitching about PI calls against them. Once again, I'd like to point out that you guys gloated about 2009 to no end and told us to suck it up about the various bs calls in that one, so quit whining about this one. You lost, get over it.

Last edited:

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's fine. Obviously there are bad calls throughout every game. That is probably the most blatant pass interference cam I've ever seen ignored though. Refs were afraid to make a call at that point is my guess, but making a no call is essentially the same as making a call.

Exactly. Not only was it a much more obvious call than the others that were missed but all intensive purposes it would have ended the game. That's not the case with a missed call in the 3rd quarter to answer @SteelersPride .

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. Not only was it a much more obvious call than the others that were missed but all intensive purposes it would have ended the game. That's not the case with a missed call in the 3rd quarter to answer @SteelersPride .

I hate this revisionist history, though. Just like Packers fans whining about the RTP call on Kirk Cousins that negated a game-ending 4th quarter INT for Green Bay in week 2 this year, they said "but it's not the same!!!" when it's pointed out that the Vikings D got slapped with the EXACT same call at the end of the half, directly leading to a Green Bay FG.

But how are you to assume the rest of the game would have played out exactly like it had if the first call had been made according to your standards you demand for later calls in the game? Missed/bad calls earlier in a game directly impact what happens later in the game. Like with that Vikes one I mentioned, they fail to realize that GB getting gifted those 3 points changed the game going forward on some level, and the outright bs it would be to change how they call the game later in the exact same game just because it's closer to being finished. Either you're going to whine about bs calls, or you live with them and accept them as part of the game; you can't have it both ways.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate this revisionist history, though. Just like Packers fans whining about the RTP call on Kirk Cousins that negated a game-ending 4th quarter INT for Green Bay in week 2 this year, they said "but it's not the same!!!" when it's pointed out that the Vikings D got slapped with the EXACT same call at the end of the half, directly leading to a Green Bay FG.

But how are you to assume the rest of the game would have played out exactly like it had if the first call had been made according to your standards you demand for later calls in the game? Missed/bad calls earlier in a game directly impact what happens later in the game. Like with that Vikes one I mentioned, they fail to realize that GB getting gifted those 3 points changed the game going forward on some level, and the outright bs it would be to change how they call the game later in the exact same game just because it's closer to being finished. Either you're going to whine about bs calls, or you live with them and accept them as part of the game; you can't have it both ways.

Nobody today is crying about bad call in the 2nd quarter of the Chiefs game. There's a reason for that. Sure other plays determined the outcome but does anyone remember the name of the Bills guard who was caught for holding and negated a 2nd quarter TD? No. But they remember Scott Norwood's name for obvious reasons. That field goal miss changed the outcome much more than the holding call did.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was it a bad call? Yes. However, I don't recall Saints fans having a problem with about 5 no-call RTP/late hits on Favre back in the 2009 NFC championship game. Among the worst no-calls of that game was the high/low hit on Favre's first INT, which would have resulted in the Vikings maintaining posession and ending up in FG range on 1st down in the 3rd quarter. The NFL even owned up to that particular no-call on the Saints D run by that POS Gregg Williams, and we could very well be talking about a titleless Drew Brees/Saints team to this day had that 1 call been made appropriately.

But what did we all hear after that game? We were told the Vikings did it to themselves with 6 turnovers and a couple stupid game management moves like the 12-men on the field penalty. We were told it never should have came down to OT, and had the Vikes made just 2-3 fewer stupid blunders, they win that game by two scores. But that's not what happened, and yes the blatant no-calls played a major role in their loss. I'm not even touching on the 3 horse chit calls that kept the Saints O moving on the 1 sudden death OT drive when the Vikes D had stopped them multiple times.

Yet today, we're told to not whine about refs. I'll deal with that, but only if the people pissing and moaning about it don't whine when the shoe on the other foot like this one. Just like the Vikes in 2009 game, you can say the Saints should not have needed to rely on that call, having been up 13 earlier. I still remember Saints fans getting salty over last year's Vikings win over them too, bitching about PI calls against them. Once again, I'd like to point out that you guys gloated about 2009 to no end and told us to suck it up about the various bs calls in that one, so quit whining about this one. You lost, get over it.

This post makes me realize....A decade later and I'll still hate Cody Parkey...with unrelenting passion...

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

These kind of calls throughout the game can make a massive difference... That is the very nature of the mental aspect of team sports. It is why, when Brady gets another BS call in his favour - like last night's 'roughing', it is not merely the call itself, but often also the 'here we go AGAIN' aspect of that call. It is about how players (negatively) affected play the rest of the game (sometimes to their and their team's detriment).

Many would argue that odds are that if Foles had not thrown that horrendous INT, and just methodically had driven down the field for an Eagles 21-0 lead, the game could well have been over (with the residual impact of fewer of the big impact injuries, most notably Fletcher Cox). It is a single play, nothing to do with officiating, that arguably turned that game around.

It is simply illogical to assume that the (non-)action of officials cannot and does not have such an impact.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saints got totally hosed with a blatant non call on a game-ending play.

....it's really that simple.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This post makes me realize....A decade later and I'll still hate Cody Parkey...with unrelenting passion...

He's your very own Blair Walsh legend.

Little do most realize, perhaps the most significant thing about the Walsh miss was that it took a lot of the heat off Gary Anderson's '98 wide left.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These kind of calls throughout the game can make a massive difference... That is the very nature of the mental aspect of team sports. It is why, when Brady gets another BS call in his favour - like last night's 'roughing', it is not merely the call itself, but often also the 'here we go AGAIN' aspect of that call. It is about how players (negatively) affected play the rest of the game (sometimes to their and their team's detriment).

Many would argue that odds are that if Foles had not thrown that horrendous INT, and just methodically had driven down the field for an Eagles 21-0 lead, the game could well have been over (with the residual impact of fewer of the big impact injuries, most notably Fletcher Cox). It is a single play, nothing to do with officiating, that arguably turned that game around.

It is simply illogical to assume that the (non-)action of officials cannot and does not have such an impact.

It's a huge sign of immaturity when it comes to sports when people endlessly whine about 1 call in a game, even while blatantly ignoring other bad calls that went in their favor in the same game. There is zero logic to it whatsoever, and it's all emtoinal bs.

There's a reason why I only truly blame 1 game partially on the refs for a loss for my own team. That's because it was one of the very rare games where I can safetly say that there were 7+ total bs calls against us that made it impossible to win that game, not just one call that rustled me.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is just no way all of the refs could miss a receiver being taken out by a defender waay before the ball gets there.
It was helmet to helmet, pass interference, hitting a defenseless receiver ...everything.

The NFL probably hammered the refs before the game saying that don't want pass interference calls.

Have a let them play mentality.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its a part of football. there are 1000 other similar things that have happened. in 10 years, no one will care

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a huge sign of immaturity when it comes to sports when people endlessly whine about 1 call in a game, even while blatantly ignoring other bad calls that went in their favor in the same game. There is zero logic to it whatsoever, and it's all emtoinal bs.

There's a reason why I only truly blame 1 game partially on the refs for a loss for my own team. That's because it was one of the very rare games where I can safetly say that there were 7+ total bs calls against us that made it impossible to win that game, not just one call that rustled me.

So if you bitch about 1 call you are immature.

But if you go full whine mode about all of the calls ...you are a very mature conspiracy theorist?

Yea, good luck with that.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its a part of football. there are 1000 other similar things that have happened. in 10 years, no one will care

Really?

How many catches did you see yesterday that would have been called a no catch a couple years ago?
Both games yesterday would have changed greatly if not for the ball catch rule change.

Maybe, just maybe ..the NFL would allow a team 1 challenge per game to review a non call.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course they missed it when you look at slo-mo. But the game isn’t played in slow motion.

Fact is the Saints couldn’t put us away in their own house and got beat by the Rams with Gurley doing jack shit.

How many no calls could we focus on? Yet we all bitch when the refs determine the outcome of a game. Kudos to the refs in today’s age for letting them play. Sometimes you get calls and sometimes you don’t. But I’d rather have no calls than a flag fest
:bullshit: plain as day real time he got there before the ball.....i dont argue that plays get missed but this egregiousness ultimately was the game decider. first and goal under 2 minutes to go.....game over.