• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

In before all the Saints fans...

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice looking dog too.

This is BS. How do you know other missed or bad calls would not have had an impact on the score? Why blow off the facemask? It was at a crucial part of the game.

Why assume the saints are able to just run the clock down and execute a field goal. We have seen shorter field goals missed or botched in similar situations

How do we know Peyton doesn't try to throw the ball as opposed to run it if the penalty is called? He showed in this exact game he is capable of making those type of bone-headed decisions. Maybe he calls a fade if it gets to 3rd down and it gets picked. Maybe they fumble on first or second down.

Lets not take away from the fact that it was a horrible pass by Brees.

I will concede the points you make. It's true that other shit could have happened but it's very likely, the game changer....like 95%.

BUT, what makes you say it was a shitty pass? It was headed straight into Lewis' hands.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will concede the points you make. It's true that other shit could have happened but it's very likely, the game changer....like 95%.

BUT, what makes you say it was a shitty pass? It was headed straight into Lewis' hands.
He threw it too far to the inside. Back shoulder would have made it very difficult to defend or even interfere with. If the defender turns his head, it most likely gets picked. I get you can't expect perfection, but the area he threw that ball was pretty bad. They even talked about it during the broadcast on several sports shows afterward.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably one of the worst, if not the worst ever non-calls in the history of the NFL. It appears that the ref was looking directly at the play.

On your knees now bitch!!! :wank::baby: :pop2:

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously this ref saw the play and he must have thought it was close enough for a no call. Only way he thinks this is because of another play where from that he owed the Rams a call. Aka make up call.

Who the fuck knows. Unless you want flags galore this is how the NFL refs call games. Overall the game was called evenly and that’s what matters. Bitching about 1 call and acting like that’s the only one that matters is beyond retarded.

Be pissed at the refs. Rams D held the Saints best players to under 30 regardless in the Superdome.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree the timing of the no call changed the chances of both teams to a large degree on winning and not winning the game. This can't be denied, but neither can any other call/no call/ and in game decisions, otherwise why do we play 4 quarters?

I remember early in the first half the Rams went for it on a fake field goal, and I'll paraphrase Joe Buck, "The Rams are lucky to convert there, had they not converted the fake punt, the game is essentially over." Damn, that was early in the game, and the announcer is basically calling it.

The Rams convert and end up scoring, if not the Saints are left in a scoring situation.

So every play that results in scoring drives contributes to the eventual outcome.

That said, there is no way to discount all the no calls against the Rams that have been discussed as if they have no eventual bearing on the outcome of the game.

Bottom line, this reffing crew, was in the "let 'em play mode" all game. So much so, the Saints had zero penalties in the first half even though there were some egregious penalties to have called, we've all seen the meme on this thread, right? Just sucks for the Saints and their fans that the very thing they benefited all game from, bit them in the ass end the end.

If the Saints and their fans want to complain about anything, they should complain about the style of reffing all game, not one call that didn't go their way.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Saints and their fans want to complain about anything, they should complain about the style of reffing all game, not one call that didn't go their way.
I agree with the rest of your post @Vitamike except this part I would say the Saints fans should be pissed that the coaches greed and arrogance is the only reason that play ever happens. Like some of us have pointed out, what that missed call really did is deflect from how bad Payton was in the final 2 minutes of a game that they essentially had in the bag. And in a way, I have to call out Brees a bit. The guy has been around long enough to say fuck that Sean. We have two very good RB's that protect the ball and let's see if we can run it for a 1st down. Or even audible out of the pass play. Of course, if they execute the slant, this point is moot. Again, I'm just second guessing here but I doubt that I was alone thinking this coming out of the 2 min stoppage.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch now the Super Bowl will be a fucking flag fest. NFL gonna be like ok fine we will call a foul on any play we see. Not gonna help their product but I can see the stubbornness towards this issue.

It’s turned into a bunch of sore losing couch QBs in HD slo mo calling games. Because of 1 play? Gimme a break

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It cost Lexi Thompson a major...

And if you want to turn football into golf that’s bad. The rules of golf are a joke. It’s as thick as the Bible now

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guarantee you the first half of the Super bowl will be an absolute flag fest. Then they let them play in the 2nd half. Just to end the crying and make a point.

Ron G

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bitch about one call in a 60 minute game!
Glad to know you would feel the same way if the uniforms were reversed. Hard to believe you have never complained about a bad call going against your favorite team. I wish I could be as objective as you.
I am not a Saints fan but I have no interest in watching the Faux Super Bowl.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad to know you would feel the same way if the uniforms were reversed. Hard to believe you have never complained about a bad call going against your favorite team. I wish I could be as objective as you.

Whatever. Overall the game was called evenly. Non calls were missed all game and we don’t know why the flag wasn’t thrown. Could be a make up call from another no call.

Rams fans didn’t expect a lot and we have been in the shitter for years. A loss we aren’t happy about the call, but if we got outplayed we got outplayed. Saints did shit against our D in their own house with Gurley doing shit.

Cry
Moar

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if thats how you want to live your life, go for it.

EllisHugh

Hoopla Cash
$ 481.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
xB55FSP.jpg

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree the timing of the no call changed the chances of both teams to a large degree on winning and not winning the game. This can't be denied, but neither can any other call/no call/ and in game decisions, otherwise why do we play 4 quarters?

I remember early in the first half the Rams went for it on a fake field goal, and I'll paraphrase Joe Buck, "The Rams are lucky to convert there, had they not converted the fake punt, the game is essentially over." Damn, that was early in the game, and the announcer is basically calling it.

The Rams convert and end up scoring, if not the Saints are left in a scoring situation.

So every play that results in scoring drives contributes to the eventual outcome.

That said, there is no way to discount all the no calls against the Rams that have been discussed as if they have no eventual bearing on the outcome of the game.

Bottom line, this reffing crew, was in the "let 'em play mode" all game. So much so, the Saints had zero penalties in the first half even though there were some egregious penalties to have called, we've all seen the meme on this thread, right? Just sucks for the Saints and their fans that the very thing they benefited all game from, bit them in the ass end the end.

I seem to recall a certain fan base saying "It's footall, let 'em play. The game is rough, deal with it. Bad calls happen, every team deals with them, blame your team's own mistakes. Who dat?!?!?!?!?!!" referring to several missed late hits/RTP no-calls on Brett Favre back in 2009 playoffs, including the infamous high-low RTP hit that should have reversed his first INT of the game.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guarantee you the first half of the Super bowl will be an absolute flag fest. Then they let them play in the 2nd half. Just to end the crying and make a point.

Boo-hoo... it's so unfair! Whaaaaaaaaaa!!!!