• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

In before all the Saints fans...

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a huge sign of immaturity when it comes to sports when people endlessly whine about 1 call in a game, even while blatantly ignoring other bad calls that went in their favor in the same game. There is zero logic to it whatsoever, and it's all emtoinal bs.

There's a reason why I only truly blame 1 game partially on the refs for a loss for my own team. That's because it was one of the very rare games where I can safetly say that there were 7+ total bs calls against us that made it impossible to win that game, not just one call that rustled me.

Nobody is claiming the other calls did not have an effect, they just didn't have this large of an effect. We all understand plays happened before and after that call that also determined the outcome. But the bottom line is that blown obvious call was the deciding factor in the game more than any other missed call. Not only was it much more obvious than the others but the correct call and the Saints win 95% of the time.

And Payton is not being immature at all when he pointed out the league told him he got screwed. The league does not call the losing coach right after the game about a call in the 3rd quarter. No they did it this time because they understand the significance of this particular call.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:bullshit: plain as day real time he got there before the ball.....i dont argue that plays get missed but this egregiousness ultimately was the game decider. first and goal under 2 minutes to go.....game over.

It was PI. What if it was a no call because of a previous flag? You can’t say that’s the only no call in the entire game that matters. I’d rather see the refs let them play and not decide the game.

Hell even in OT there was a make up call. And then the INT happened. Saints had plenty of chances and didn’t put us away

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it was a terrible call that single handedly effected the outcome of the game......end result saints still lost. oh well not any worse than the fucking minnesota miracle that ended last season. drew brees was off his game yesterday and it was a factor in the outcome too.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was PI. What if it was a no call because of a previous flag? You can’t say that’s the only no call in the entire game that matters. I’d rather see the refs let them play and not decide the game.

Hell even in OT there was a make up call. And then the INT happened. Saints had plenty of chances and didn’t put us away
rams won..... you got your opinion, i and most everyone without a stake in the game see it otherwise

DIKOWT DOWG

Man's Best Friend
Hoopla Cash
$ 820.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They got ass fucked with a sandpaper dildo.

Game was over.

High School ref makes that call

truth. i liked the game up until then. there is so much wrong with that no call. i may pull for the pats now. :L and i hate everything new england.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Refs are still pretty bad. Way too involved in the games outcomes.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This argument has always annoyed me. Having the two best teams in the conference in a close game means it shouldn't be close enough of a game to make a terrible call matter?

Yeah I can see why Rams fans should be pissed about the two missed face mask calls, the non call on their player getting stomped in the head after the play was over and the countless missed holds. Rams should have never had to go to OT to win this one.

DIKOWT DOWG

Man's Best Friend
Hoopla Cash
$ 820.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
goooo pats!!! :thumb:

yay

well i tried.

giphy.gif

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if you bitch about 1 call you are immature.

But if you go full whine mode about all of the calls ...you are a very mature conspiracy theorist?

Yea, good luck with that.

I have said repeatedly that I'm willing to accept the 2009 Vikings loss in New Orleans as primarily a product of their own errors and outright blunders as a team despite several terrible calls against them in that game. Because at the end of the day, even with the minimum number of completely bs calls that went in favor of the Saints (high/low no-call RTP penalty on the first Favre INT, phantom P.I. on the Vikes LB in OT, Saints getting the favorable spot on a 4th and inches run that should have turned it over on downs in OT, among others), the Vikings could have won the game had they fumbled 1 less time or not taken that ridiculous 12-men on the field penalty to put them out of Ryan Longwell FG range before the second Favre pick.

Again, back then, the narrative was that the Vikings had no one to blame but themselves for that loss despite several clear bs calls in favor of the Saints. Saints fans especially told us not to whine about the refs. But now we're supposed to just accept all of the salt over 1 bad call in the Saints/Rams game? It wasn't even the final play of the game... the Saints still took the lead to end the drive, then their D allowed the Rams to tie it up with under 2 minutes left in regulation. Then Brees and the offense choked on the first drive of OT and the defense again allowed the Rams to drive for a long game-winning FG. This was all in a home NFC title game with a well-seasoned HC and top-tier QB duo with a top-end offense against a 2nd year HC and 3rd year QB with a team that was in shambles just 3 seasons ago under Jeff Fisher.

Either you moan about the refs, or you don't. I don't, and my example of the 2009 NFC championship was just an example of why the Saints and their fans have no business crying over 1 call in that game. Besides all of that, had the Rams DB just made a play on the ball, he could easily have picked it for an INT or at least deflected it, resulting in the same situation for the Saints in the latter case. It's not like he tackled the Saints receiver from behind on a sure-catch and got away with it. But "Let them play and put the yellow rags away because it's the playoffs", right?

EllisHugh

Hoopla Cash
$ 481.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was it a bad call? Yes. However, I don't recall Saints fans having a problem with about 5 no-call RTP/late hits on Favre back in the 2009 NFC championship game. Among the worst no-calls of that game was the high/low hit on Favre's first INT, which would have resulted in the Vikings maintaining posession and ending up in FG range on 1st down in the 3rd quarter. The NFL even owned up to that particular no-call on the Saints D run by that POS Gregg Williams, and we could very well be talking about a titleless Drew Brees/Saints team to this day had that 1 call been made appropriately.

But what did we all hear after that game? We were told the Vikings did it to themselves with 6 turnovers and a couple stupid game management moves like the 12-men on the field penalty. We were told it never should have came down to OT, and had the Vikes made just 2-3 fewer stupid blunders, they win that game by two scores. But that's not what happened, and yes the blatant no-calls played a major role in their loss. I'm not even touching on the 3 horse chit calls that kept the Saints O moving on the 1 sudden death OT drive when the Vikes D had stopped them multiple times.

Yet today, we're told to not whine about refs. I'll deal with that, but only if the people pissing and moaning about it don't whine when the shoe on the other foot like this one. Just like the Vikes in 2009 game, you can say the Saints should not have needed to rely on that call, having been up 13 earlier. I still remember Saints fans getting salty over last year's Vikings win over them too, bitching about PI calls against them. Once again, I'd like to point out that you guys gloated about 2009 to no end and told us to suck it up about the various bs calls in that one, so quit whining about this one. You lost, get over it.
Long, irrelevant post.

You wasted your time.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have said repeatedly that I'm willing to accept the 2009 Vikings loss in New Orleans as primarily a product of their own errors and outright blunders as a team despite several terrible calls against them in that game. Because at the end of the day, even with the minimum number of completely bs calls that went in favor of the Saints (high/low no-call RTP penalty on the first Favre INT, phantom P.I. on the Vikes LB in OT, Saints getting the favorable spot on a 4th and inches run that should have turned it over on downs in OT, among others), the Vikings could have won the game had they fumbled 1 less time or not taken that ridiculous 12-men on the field penalty to put them out of Ryan Longwell FG range before the second Favre pick.

Again, back then, the narrative was that the Vikings had no one to blame but themselves for that loss despite several clear bs calls in favor of the Saints. Saints fans especially told us not to whine about the refs. But now we're supposed to just accept all of the salt over 1 bad call in the Saints/Rams game? It wasn't even the final play of the game... the Saints still took the lead to end the drive, then their D allowed the Rams to tie it up with under 2 minutes left in regulation. Then Brees and the offense choked on the first drive of OT and the defense again allowed the Rams to drive for a long game-winning FG. This was all in a home NFC title game with a well-seasoned HC and top-tier QB duo with a top-end offense against a 2nd year HC and 3rd year QB with a team that was in shambles just 3 seasons ago under Jeff Fisher.

Either you moan about the refs, or you don't. I don't, and my example of the 2009 NFC championship was just an example of why the Saints and their fans have no business crying over 1 call in that game. Besides all of that, had the Rams DB just made a play on the ball, he could easily have picked it for an INT or at least deflected it, resulting in the same situation for the Saints in the latter case. It's not like he tackled the Saints receiver from behind on a sure-catch and got away with it. But "Let them play and put the yellow rags away because it's the playoffs", right?
HZy7Mne.gif

Dusty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if somebody loses their job over this call, should, and probably will, there will just be more incompetent and unqualified referees added in the furture. I don’t know what has happened with the referee situation in the NFL recently, but it does not seem to be improving. And that roughing the quarterback call where the head or facemask wasn’t even touched was a bad call too.

Bayou Tiger

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Shutup Stupid, nobody gives a fuck about 2009. It's 10 year history now....