• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

In before all the Saints fans...

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nfl-ref-meme-admirable-17-best-images-about-best-packers-seahawks-memes-on-of-nfl-ref-meme.jpg

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams made the plays after the saints FG and in OT and are worthy winners.
BUT...there isn't a fan on this board that wouldn't be outraged if their team got robbed by that PI no call. NOT ONE!

That shit shouldn't happen in any game much less a championship game with a Super Bowl on the line. The officials have been bad most of the year and the NFL lacks credibility when that happen in that situation

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BUT...there isn't a fan on this board that wouldn't be outraged if their team got robbed by that PI no call. NOT ONE!

That shit shouldn't happen in any game much less a championship game with a Super Bowl on the line. The officials have been bad most of the year and the NFL lacks credibility when that happen in that situation
Well if "anyone" would have watched the game, they would have seen the Rams got "robbed" on the facemask that wasn't called on the Saints when they grabbed Goff by the face mask in the redzone. It would have given the Rams 1st and goal. So there is that!!! :noidea:

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if "anyone" would have watched the game, they would have seen the Rams got "robbed" on the facemask that wasn't called on the Saints when they grabbed Goff by the face mask in the redzone. It would have given the Rams 1st and goal. So there is that!!! :noidea:
you can find that shit in any game.
Where was the official located when it happens.

No way was that as obvious as the PI...No WAY!

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
or the Rams made the plays....that INT was great pressure and a pretty good adjustment and catch by the DB.
Not to mention a 57 yard FG with that kind of pressure
Yes!!!! The 57 yard FG was amasing. I thought at the time that McVay was making a mistake, because if the Rams missed the FG it would have given the Saints great field position.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you can find that shit in any game.
Where was the official located when it happens.

No way was that as obvious as the PI...No WAY!
Yes it was "as obvious"!!!

Referee's responsibility: "PASS PLAYS, shadows quarterback from drop to release".

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and he was standing behind the play

agree to disagree works for me
Fair enough , but when a ref looks right at a QB and misses a "facemask call", then the refs is not doing his job. The Rams would have had a 1st and goal had the facemask been called.

"Referee's responsibility: "PASS PLAYS, shadows quarterback from drop to release".

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Facemask on Goff 3rd and goal.

Ohhh the outrage! Re-do!!

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Facemask on Goff 3rd and goal.

Ohhh the outrage! Re-do!!
Yes and if the facemask would have been call like it should have, the Rams would have had a 1st and goal.

elguapo

I cannot think of anything clever to put here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,056.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Roger Goodell had any balls he would make them play the game over.
If your mom had any balls, she would be the first in your family to

Dusty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If your mom had any balls, she would be the first in your family to
Ya never know, she’s 103, 104 if she makes it to February 5th. Anything is possible I suppose. I understand your desire completely.

Rambulance

MuscleBear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was it a horrible non-call? Absolutely. The Saints had a chance to make up for it by playing defense on the game tying drive. They also won the coin toss and had a chance to put the Rams away again. The Saints scored 3 points on 4 offensive drives in the 4th quarter and OT. They scored 10pts in the final 3 quarters and OT. They gave up a 13pt lead at home, and 3 trips inside the 10 netted them 9pts.

You can argue that one call decided the game, but there are no guarantees that the Saints score a TD and there are no guarantees that they don't miss a game winning FG as time expires. It's not likely that these things happen, but there are no guarantees.

The Saints had plenty of chances in this game to not let the outcome come down to a bad call by the refs, but they didn't execute and let a plucky team hang around and steal a game from them. If the Rams had lost in this exact fashion, I'd be pissed that my team didn't fucking close, not bitching about a call that never should have happened.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was it a horrible non-call? Absolutely. The Saints had a chance to make up for it by playing defense on the game tying drive. They also won the coin toss and had a chance to put the Rams away again. The Saints scored 3 points on 4 offensive drives in the 4th quarter and OT. They scored 10pts in the final 3 quarters and OT. They gave up a 13pt lead at home, and 3 trips inside the 10 netted them 9pts.

You can argue that one call decided the game, but there are no guarantees that the Saints score a TD and there are no guarantees that they don't miss a game winning FG as time expires. It's not likely that these things happen, but there are no guarantees.

The Saints had plenty of chances in this game to not let the outcome come down to a bad call by the refs, but they didn't execute and let a plucky team hang around and steal a game from them. If the Rams had lost in this exact fashion, I'd be pissed that my team didn't fucking close, not bitching about a call that never should have happened.

You could have stopped after the first sentence like most of the deniers in here.

Saints got hosed and it cost them the game. It's simply denial to try to equate a first quarter holding or missed facemask call to a game-changing call with time running out. To state that there were other opportunities to have put the score above where the bad call would decide the outcome is simply retarded.

.....same retardation and denial that fuels the injuries are no excuse crowd.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This.

It's so funny to me to see the Rams fans try to downplay the significance of that missed call. I guess I can see it as it must be frustrating to know that this win will always be tainted. Few of us other than the fans of those
teams remember other missed calls from years past because they simply were not as obvious or memorable as this one. Nearly every neutral fan understands how significant this miss was and it will stick with us for a long long time.

Again the league does not call the losing coach in the locker room over a missed call in the 2nd quarter. That tells us how much more important this miss was.