• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Improved oline

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure stats can be twisted anyway you want them to.

The question is what stats matter, and that's when you know if people understand football.

Yes, drops matter - and our incredibly inexperienced WR corps is one of the league leaders in that category. During the first quarter of the game we also had no running game to speak of. And our defense was definitely playing worse than now.

So no running game. Leading the league in drops. Porous defense.

And its Bradford's fault? Bradford, who was having his best year ever to that point?

You don't like him, fine. He's definitely overpaid. But he's not what the problem was with this team for the first part of the season. When he got hurt he had 14 TDs, 4 picks, and was 9th in the league in qb rating. He'll be better as his WR develop.

Kind of hard to argue with that.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure stats can be twisted anyway you want them to.

The question is what stats matter, and that's when you know if people understand football.

Yes, drops matter - and our incredibly inexperienced WR corps is one of the league leaders in that category. During the first quarter of the game we also had no running game to speak of. And our defense was definitely playing worse than now.

So no running game. Leading the league in drops. Porous defense.

And its Bradford's fault? Bradford, who was having his best year ever to that point?

You don't like him, fine. He's definitely overpaid. But he's not what the problem was with this team for the first part of the season. When he got hurt he had 14 TDs, 4 picks, and was 9th in the league in qb rating. He'll be better as his WR develop.

I will agree to disagree with you on Bradford I don't like him, you do. don't get me wrong, I wish Bradford was our answer, I just don't think he is.
Yes we sucked collectively ad a team early in the year, but if we played those teams again right now, we might still suck against them, maybe they had the right game plan against us and they just have our number.

I know part of Bradfords issues are our game plan, yes our WR drop some balls, yes our oline isn't the best, but Sometimes a QB has to rise above that and come back with some big plays. Early in the year we constantly had numerous 3 and outs, our defense was always on the field, that is not a good recipe for success. No it's not all on Bradford, but he is suppose to be the leader of the team, again lot of drops, but he still has to make better decisions and better throws.

As far as this being his best year ever, we are back to stats, which can be misleading. He should have a low
interception total, for the most part he's throwing the ball 5 yards, mainly because of our system. His completion percentage should be higher, also because he throws a lot of short passes. The defense has put him in pretty good position to succeed this year. 90% of his TD passes are from inside the 7 yard line. I've seen us kick a lot of FG because his fade passes in the end zone are no where catchable. I will say that Clemens also did this recently, Twice in the same game at the end of the game. They were both bad throws by Clemens, but that loss is on the OC for throwing the ball 2 times from inside the 5 yard line when we had just run the ball for almost 200 yards for the game.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex Smith > Sam Bradford

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know..that's how bad Bradford is.

It's sad. But Alex did ok last year huh? He can move his feet. And this year on the chiefs after them going 2-14 last year.. Now 9-0?

Not bad at all.

Keep following me around and Show me those stats!!! Lmao

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love how people try to prove a QB is good by stats. If he was good, there would be no question.

It's like people still trying To stick up for Obama. Lol

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes the better QB/player just doesn't fit in with the team. Clemons is getting more out of the offense than Bradford ever has. Dropped passes???...I think there are two players involved in a pass. The passer and the receiver. I think Bradford throws early or late and way too often he is off target. I'm not stating that Clemons is a better QB than Bradford but I may be saying that by the end of this season. We will see. They sure are a heck of a lot more fun to watch with Clemons running the show. That I can say today.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes the better QB/player just doesn't fit in with the team. Clemons is getting more out of the offense than Bradford ever has. Dropped passes???...I think there are two players involved in a pass. The passer and the receiver. I think Bradford throws early or late and way too often he is off target. I'm not stating that Clemons is a better QB than Bradford but I may be saying that by the end of this season. We will see. They sure are a heck of a lot more fun to watch with Clemons running the show. That I can say today.

I agree......
For Sure...Clemons "is" getting more out of the offense than Bradford. I dont see as many 3 and outs with Clemons behind center, cant explain why. He is getting everyone involved. Shotty must have a different game plan with Clemons, he is definately more aggressive.

I dont understand the reasoning for all of the short pass plays when Sam is playing. To me, its like they they dont want to see him get hurt or something. Also it seems as though the defense is playing 4 qtrs of good football with Clemons. We are winning the time of possesion battle keeping our defense off the field. But.... Clemons does make a stupid bonehead play every now and then, where Sam, being Mr conservative, doesnt turn the ball over.

Dont wish for injuries, but maybe its a good thing that Sam got hurt so that we can compare QBs and determine if Sam is really worth all of the $$$$$$$$$$$$$ that we are shelling out. IMO... I believe we should offer Sam a "New More Conservative Contract offer" at seasons end.(because thats how he plays) If he signs then fine, if not, see ya later Jack!!

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
spot on Zeke...I don't know why the team seems to be playing better with Clemons but I'm happy to see it. I think many short passes from Bradford was a case of happy feet and Sam feeling like the game is too fast for him. The O-line is playing better because Clemons can move and he can get out of his own way. I wonder what a top tier QB could do with this young team. Can you say GSOT. :noidea:

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex Smith > Sam Bradford

Cant say that I disagree, but right now you are correct as far as team records. Alex Smith was only average in San Fran. Trade him away and they(KC) are undefeated. Hmmm...maybe you are onto something here, lets trade Sam to say maybe Tampa Bay next year and watch them go deep into the playoffs. Face it, Sam wont amount to shit here so maybe we could get him to restructure, then trade him for a lower pick start fresh with another kid. Look at the cap space we would save!!! :hope::hope:

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
spot on Zeke...I don't know why the team seems to be playing better with Clemons but I'm happy to see it. I think many short passes from Bradford was a case of happy feet and Sam feeling like the game is too fast for him. The O-line is playing better because Clemons can move and he can get out of his own way. I wonder what a top tier QB could do with this young team. Can you say GSOT. :noidea:

GSOT?? I wish, I dont know if we will ever see that again in our lifetime!

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well with Dahl still not ready to return I think the writing is on the wall. They will at least make an offer to Saffold to play OG and my guess is he will stay. So we will have Long,Williams,Wells,Saffold,Barksdale,Smith and Jones plus at least a rookie or 3 going into camp.

demiurge

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well with Dahl still not ready to return I think the writing is on the wall. They will at least make an offer to Saffold to play OG and my guess is he will stay. So we will have Long,Williams,Wells,Saffold,Barksdale,Smith and Jones plus at least a rookie or 3 going into camp.

I'd be really happy with that scenario. You could pick up a good young OL in the 3rd or 4th round and let him develop behind the starters.