• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Improved oline

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to be Danny downer here, but I was not all that impressed by the oline play in this game. Great game, great win, but our offense wasn't even on the field that much due to the punt return and fumble return, plus two long scoring passes.

I thought the oline played really well the past two games. aside from the 56 yard run by Cunningham, the Rams averaged less than 2 1/2 yards per carry, they were getting stuffed at the line. Other than the bomb to Austin our offense looked the same as it always does. at least Clemons hit a wide open Austin, something another QB we have had trouble doing. As another poster mentioned the 4 yard dump off pass to Austin was the same play they have been using all year, it's just that a combination of the Colt defenders being out of position and the Rams doing some great blocking downfield.

As far as some people saying that we would have won 2 more games with Bradford in there instead of Clemons, that's debatable. As Sj76 has stated Clemens at least steps up in the pocket and scrambles a little bit, Bradford probably would have been sacked on a few of those plays and we would of had the same results. Plus Bradford has thrown three TD passes to the opposition this year, he may well have done it again. But we will never know either way.

We are 4-6 and we could easily be 6-4 with some breaks whether we had Bradford or Clemens in there.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When did Bradford have a problem hitting austin Deep? Oh you mean on the pass that TA went for the TD and got called back because of Oline tripping? Oh you mean the time Sam hit Givens right in the hands and he dropped it for the easy score? Oh you mean that time quick dropped the easy TD in Carolina? Oh you mean that time Cook dropped the ball (leading TE's in drops btw). Oh you mean that time TA dropped the ball? (leading WR's in drops btw).
Oh the Rams are Number 1 in drops now......... I'm sure thats all Bradfords fault right? He throws too hard. lol. Oh wait he's not even playing right now and we're still #1 in drops. Weiiird.
You should read some things about Brett Farve and Aaron Rodgers, WR's have broken bones in their hands but they still catch the ball.

It's about time you guys move on from Bradford, it's getting annoying.

I'm not saying we'd be 6-4 but Bradford is leaps better than Clemons, so we'd at least have one more win. Hell If Quick makes the catch in Carolina we are only down by one score with 9 minutes to go in the game, and bradford doesn't get hurt. We might even be 7-3. But thats all nonsense.

Last edited by a moderator:

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and Stacy had 4.3 YPC in the first half. The Colts adjusted in the 2nd half which opened the passing game up. I think he ended with an average of 2.5 YPC which isn't good but I don't care about that because we stuck with the run and it ended up working out in our favor.

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as some people saying that we would have won 2 more games with Bradford in there instead of Clemons, that's debatable. As Sj76 has stated Clemens at least steps up in the pocket and scrambles a little bit, Bradford probably would have been sacked on a few of those plays and we would of had the same results. Plus Bradford has thrown three TD passes to the opposition this year, he may well have done it again. But we will never know either way.

Oh... my... God... Stop it, man. Just, STOP IT!

Bradford has shown just as much elusiveness as Clemens has. You're talking like Clemens is the second coming of Michael Vick, or something. I can't say, with 100% confidence that the Rams beat the Titans with Bradford in there, but Clemens handed the Seahawks a win two weeks ago. That game was tailored for a struggling offense to win and HE blew it.

"Bradford has thrown three TD passes to the opposition", yet you neglect to mention that, first of all, ALL FOUR of Bradford's INTs were affected by other players. Three were tipped passes (one by his own teammate) and one was thrown while being hit. And secondly... Clemens' INTs (3, in two games) which were all absolutely horrendous, or ill-advised throws, have lead directly to Rams losses.

And don't bring up yesterday's game as "proof positive" that Clemens is better than Bradford. Instead, thank Tavon Austin for making it possible for you to even approach that ridiculous conclusion. More than half of Clemens' 247 yards were on two plays. One was an admittedly good deep ball (the same kind of throw Bradford has already made several times this season) to a wide open Austin. The other was a 57 yard TD for which Clemens only gets credit for 4 yards of.

Clemens did his part. He protected the football (for once, thank God.) and hit most of the throws he needed to. But, he's a stop-gap. A backup. Nothing more. Even with a season ending injury to the starter, Clemens is incapable of taking the #1 spot. This is Sam Bradford's team for the foreseeable future. Clemens knows it. Question is... when are YOU going to figure it out?

LTR1961

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to be Danny downer here, but I was not all that impressed by the oline play in this game. Great game, great win, but our offense wasn't even on the field that much due to the punt return and fumble return, plus two long scoring passes.

I thought the oline played really well the past two games. aside from the 56 yard run by Cunningham, the Rams averaged less than 2 1/2 yards per carry, they were getting stuffed at the line. Other than the bomb to Austin our offense looked the same as it always does. at least Clemons hit a wide open Austin, something another QB we have had trouble doing. As another poster mentioned the 4 yard dump off pass to Austin was the same play they have been using all year, it's just that a combination of the Colt defenders being out of position and the Rams doing some great blocking downfield.

We are 4-6 and we could easily be 6-4 with some breaks whether we had Bradford or Clemens in there.

2 of the pick 6 throws were tipped and the guy only had 4 picks on the year with 14 TD passes in 7 games. He was on pace for 32 TD passes with only 9 picks. They clearly are better off with Sam in the game, period.

You are correct though. Regardless of who was at QB they should be 6-4 at this point. I thought they clearly outplayed the Hags and if Cunningham doesn't drop the football without being touched in the Titans game, they win that one as well.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy bomb to givens where he had to layout to get it? Hahahahahaha.

Easy catch. Nice!

Bradford elusive??? Lmfao. You mean he when stepped up in the pocket in the San Fran game and trip over his shoe lace? Bwahahaha.

Stop it guys. And take those Sam posters down!!

You guys are in love and it's cute but don't let it blind you.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clemens Handed the Seahawks a win? :lol: I think he led the team from his own 2 late in the 4th to the Seahawks 2, only to fall just short.

But Bradford was so solid in that 49er loss!!!! Bwahahahaha. He looked like a deer in headlights. AGAIN!!

You kids in love are cute.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow collapsing pocket and Clemens tries to step up. At least he tried. Sam would have just sat there and went down. At least Clemens saw it coming and had balls.

What are you trying to prove? We all know Clemens isn't that good. Lol. His talent isn't like Bradford's. But his effort may make him good enough to win some games. Some of those games Bradford may not have won himself.

:whistle:

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow collapsing pocket and Clemens tries to step up. At least he tried. Sam would have just sat there and went down. At least Clemens saw it coming and had balls.

What are you trying to prove? We all know Clemens isn't that good. Lol. His talent isn't like Bradford's. But his effort may make him good enough to win some games. Some of those games Bradford may not have won himself.

:whistle:

Sam Bradford "sitting there and going down"...

QB Bradford, 23-yd, run - NFL Videos

QB Bradford to WR Givens, 29-yd, pass - NFL Videos

We agree Clemens isn't that good. I also concede (on another thread) that I think we're very lucky to have him. Few teams have a backup as well versed in their system as Kellen Clemens is. Sure, he blew it against Seattle. Yes, he fumbled in the opponents redzone in the last 2 minutes of a tie game against the Titans. It happens. He's a backup. (In the spirit of full disclosure... I don't blame the Titans loss on Clemens. His fumble was only the icing on the cake of a poor showing by the entire team.) Since the Seattle game, I've come to love his effort.

What I'm trying to prove is, everything you say Sam Bradford "can't", or "doesn't" do... he does... on a regular basis. Especially this season. I guess I just don't understand how it is you don't see that.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bradford has shown just as much elusiveness as Clemens has. You're talking like Clemens is the second coming of Michael Vick, or something. I can't say, with 100% confidence that the Rams beat the Titans with Bradford in there, but Clemens handed the Seahawks a win two weeks ago. That game was tailored for a struggling offense to win and HE blew it.

"Bradford has thrown three TD passes to the opposition", yet you neglect to mention that, first of all, ALL FOUR of Bradford's INTs were affected by other players. Three were tipped passes (one by his own teammate) and one was thrown while being hit. And secondly... Clemens' INTs (3, in two games) which were all absolutely horrendous, or ill-advised throws, have lead directly to Rams losses.

And don't bring up yesterday's game as "proof positive" that Clemens is better than Bradford. Instead, thank Tavon Austin for making it possible for you to even approach that ridiculous conclusion. More than half of Clemens' 247 yards were on two plays. One was an admittedly good deep ball (the same kind of throw
Bradford has already made several times this season) to a wide open Austin. The other was a 57 yard TD for which Clemens only gets credit for 4 yards of.

Clemens did his part. He protected the football (for once, thank God.) and hit most of the throws he needed to. But, he's a stop-gap. A backup. Nothing more. Even with a season ending injury to the starter, Clemens is incapable of taking the #1 spot. This is Sam Bradford's team for the foreseeable future. Clemens knows it. Question is... when are YOU going to figure it out?

There is exactly no where in my post where I said Clemens is better than Bradford, I said the results may have been the same with either one of them in the game, we will never know. I wish Bradford was still playing, I really do, but as much as you Bradford lovers want to call me and SJ delusional or whatever, we can say the same about you, it's our opinion and it's your opinion.

I'm sorry, you can spin it whatever way you wNt and say how great a season he was having and how he's thrown all these TD passes. Well 90 percent of his TD's have come inside like the 7 yard line, any QB should be able to throw the ball that far, alot of his TD's have come against prevent defense, as far as his interceptions being tipped, I guess that's because they were poorly thrown balls.

As far as all these drops, yes, this year they lead the league, in years past that was not true. Yes WR are dropping balls, but I've seen plenty of overthrown, under thrown balls by Bradford to wide-open WR.
Defend him all you want, most analyst who know a little more about the game than we do, don't think that highly of him either. Drops can be subjective, just because aWR touches a ball doesn't mean they should have caught it, just means they could have, or a DB is leveling them as he is trying to catch the ball.

I'll continue to say Bradford isn't that good, and you all can continue to say how great he is, and that's just how it is. Bottom line he hasn't done anything for us for 3 1/2 years, the proof is in the pudding, and Bradford is pudding as far as I'm concerned.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and Stacy had 4.3 YPC in the first half. The Colts adjusted in the 2nd half which opened the passing game up. I think he ended with an average of 2.5 YPC which isn't good but I don't care about that because we stuck with the run and it ended up working out in our favor.

I'm not sure if you were playing Madden football this weekend or what, but I don't know what game you were watching. The Colts stuffed the run the whole game except for the 56 yard run by Cunningham. Oh andStacey had 14 carries for 44 yards in the first half, of which 10 of those carries went for 3 yards or less, 8 were for 2 yards or less, so I don't think the colts did any adjusting at halftime, they didn't need to, they were "stuffing" the run.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When did Bradford have a problem hitting austin Deep? Oh you mean on the pass that TA went for the TD and got called back because of Oline tripping? Oh you mean the time Sam hit Givens right in the hands and he dropped it for the easy score? Oh you mean that time quick dropped the easy TD in Carolina? Oh you mean that time Cook dropped the ball (leading TE's in drops btw). Oh you mean that time TA dropped the ball? (leading WR's in drops btw).
Oh the Rams are Number 1 in drops now......... I'm sure thats all Bradfords fault right? He throws too hard. lol. Oh wait he's not even playing right now and we're still #1 in drops. Weiiird.
You should read some things about Brett Farve and Aaron Rodgers, WR's have broken bones in their hands but they still catch the ball.

It's about time you guys move on from Bradford, it's getting annoying.

I'm not saying we'd be 6-4 but Bradford is leaps better than Clemons, so we'd at least have one more win. Hell If Quick makes the catch in Carolina we are only down by one score with 9 minutes to go in the game, and bradford doesn't get hurt. We might even be 7-3. But thats all nonsense.

I could say the same thing, it gets "annoying" that people keep bitching about dropped passes, sorry, but EVERY team has them , especially the Lions who lead the league in dropped passes, the Rams are tied for second with NE. Dropped passes happen to every team so get over it.

Austin is tied for the league lead in drops with 6 other guys, decker and Reggie Bush are among them, and they don't exactly suck. Marshall, Welker, and AJ Green each have 6, I'm sure you would take him on this team.

Austin is a rookie, they are going to have drops, Thompkins and Dobson, oth rookies with NE both have 7 drops, just like Austin.

Get over the drops!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And don't bring up yesterday's game as "proof positive" that Clemens is better than Bradford. Instead, thank Tavon Austin for making it possible for you to even approach that ridiculous conclusion. More than half of Clemens' 247 yards were on two plays. One was an admittedly good deep ball (the same kind of throw Bradford has already made several times this season) to a wide open Austin. The other was a 57 yard TD for which Clemens only gets credit for 4 yards of.

Clemens did his part. He protected the football (for once, thank God.) and hit most of the throws he needed to. But, he's a stop-gap. A backup. Nothing more. Even with a season ending injury to the starter, Clemens
is incapable of taking the #1 spot. This is Sam Bradford's team for the foreseeable future. Clemens know
Question is... when are YOU going to figure it out?

I already know it, I realize Bradford is better than Clemens, I never said he wasn't, you seem to read a lot into things that aren't even said.

But as long as youre bringing up the point that Clemens threw a 57 yard pass that he only accounted for 4 yards of it, that is all Bradford does. You can say that that is the game plan, that may be partly true, but Bradford rarely looks for anyone else, he actually looks for the short throw more times than not, and throws into coverage, his tipped passes for interceptions should never have been thrown. And you guys are still ragging on Richardson for the other interception, well that pass should have never been thrown either. He hung DRich out to dry on that one!

demiurge

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Givens had 5 straight games with catches of over 50 yards last season. First time ever for a rookie.

That was Bradford.

Anyone who thinks Bradford can't or won't throw deep has a very narrow attention span.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could say the same thing, it gets "annoying" that people keep bitching about dropped passes, sorry, but EVERY team has them , especially the Lions who lead the league in dropped passes, the Rams are tied for second with NE. Dropped passes happen to every team so get over it.

Austin is tied for the league lead in drops with 6 other guys, decker and Reggie Bush are among them, and they don't exactly suck. Marshall, Welker, and AJ Green each have 6, I'm sure you would take him on this team.

Austin is a rookie, they are going to have drops, Thompkins and Dobson, oth rookies with NE both have 7 drops, just like Austin.

Get over the drops!

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that Marshall, Welker, Green, Decker, and even Bush have a lot more targets than Austin. Raw drop numbers on their own don't hold much value. Drop percentage would be more valuable.

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, Bradford or Clemens? Would the Rams have won the games against the Seahawks and Titans if Bradford is in, probably. Bradford is better than Clemens, that is not the problem, the problem is, will Bradford take the Rams to a Super Bowl, we know Clemens won't. Clemens is like Alex Smith in a way, don't do to much but don't lose it for the team either. I won't blame the loses to the Seahawks or Titans on Clemens either, the last few plays from the bench sucked. Here is the question though, do the Rams put all their future in Sam Bradford after 4 years of so-so quarterbacking or do they actually go out and find a future in the draft. Now it would be nice if Sam had a couple of GREAT years ahead so the new guy could learn like Rodgers did behind Farve but if Sam falters, I want to go future now. So the draft is all about getting a guy to push Bradford and then or now take over for the Rams long term. Stop with the Sam versus Kellen talk, it is purely Sam versus rookie we, Fisher and Snead should be focusing on.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that Marshall, Welker, Green, Decker, and even Bush have a lot more targets than Austin. Raw drop numbers on their own don't hold much value. Drop percentage would be more valuable.

Well if you're going to go that route, catches per target percentage would hold more weight than drop percentage. Again all passes that hit your hands are deemed catchable and are considered drops, but just because they are deemed catchable doest mean that they "should" be caught, they are still a tough catch. I've seen many games where they say that that guy has to make that catch, yes the WR as to make that catch, but it was a tough catch and you're not going to make all those tough catches.

Austin is over 60% In catches per target which falls in the same ballpark as most of these guys.

I could say that Givens has 1 drop this year, but Bradford has hit him less than 50% of his targeted times. People are ripping Quick, he has 2 drops, and Bradford has hit him less than 50% of the time. Pettis has 4 drops, Bradford has hit him 57%,but I know of numerous times Pettis has bailed Sammie out with a great catch.

My point is DROPS HAPPEN TO EVERY TEAM, some of you need to get over it and quite blaming all of Sammies failures on drops and poor oline play. Face it he is the face of the team and he's not getting it done.

Again stats can be turned twisted to look any way you want them to

demiurge

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure stats can be twisted anyway you want them to.

The question is what stats matter, and that's when you know if people understand football.

Yes, drops matter - and our incredibly inexperienced WR corps is one of the league leaders in that category. During the first quarter of the game we also had no running game to speak of. And our defense was definitely playing worse than now.

So no running game. Leading the league in drops. Porous defense.

And its Bradford's fault? Bradford, who was having his best year ever to that point?

You don't like him, fine. He's definitely overpaid. But he's not what the problem was with this team for the first part of the season. When he got hurt he had 14 TDs, 4 picks, and was 9th in the league in qb rating. He'll be better as his WR develop.