• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

impressions of your team after one whole week

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spot on about Phillips. Worst tackler on the team and shouldn't be starting. Totally agree about Daje, damn that kid is a stud! It also looks like Overstreet will turn out to be a good RB as well. Sloppy 1st half, but dominated 2nd half. It's New Mexico State, so I can't get too excited about that beatdown.

This

And Overstreet is gonna be a star.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not really the entire second unit. That line didn't dominate until Perkins and Harrison got out there.....and they destroyed the DL. Move those two to the first string and we have the best OL in the conference.

That move would put Mason and Espy on the bench. You'd have Hawkins at LT, Harrison at LG, Hopkins at C, Perkins at RT, and Cochran to RG

-
Cochran to guard? That makes zero sense. Harrison is a LT all the way. Hawkins is a RT/OG. He has been fine at LT, but if he plays at the next level i can see OG in his future. I think Riser, Perkins, Harrison, and Estelle are more talented than he first unit. That does not mean they are ready to play better than the Seniors in front of them. Simply means they have a higher ceiling.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After watching the game last night and thinking about it here is my assessment.

New Defense: Definitely need some more games. Love the concept of the blitzes and schemes. The LBs seem to be crowding the line too much when in the 3-4. Hence the easy across the middle throws> This will kill us against Clemson. We got 2 turnovers which is pretty good.

DTs: Timmy Jernigan you played a good game, but we need better from your psycho ass. Let's go. McAllister you played decently, but got pushed around a little too much for your size.

DEs: Knew there would be some drop off here, but damn Mario Edwards and Eddie Goldman need to impose their size and will on these players

LBs: Pretty good play from Christian Jones, Telvin Smith, and Dan Hicks. Dan is new to the LB position, but did fairly well for being a true DE converted to LB this year.

CBs: Lamarcus Joyner I am going to beat your ass. You should have stayed where you were an impact player for FSU. That would be SAFETY!!! This business decision due to your size is going to allow a lot of catches. Tyler Hunter you need some more coaching son. Too many times you are out of position on the slot receivers. Jalen Ramsey you looked decent for being a freshman. PJ Williams you did a fairly decent job as well. Karlos Williams needs to be playing Safety instead of Terrence Brooks, but his size is too easy to use as a LB.

Offense: Cannot take anything away from Winston. We threw the ball a hell of a lot more than I thought we would. Did not try to run over the opposing DL like I wish we would, but who can argue with what happened.

OL: Good protection except from the RT spot. Bobby hart I am looking at you. Huge recruit that is in his 3rd year, but still plays like a high school JR. Our Center is too small. Stork is a versatile player, but just undersized against the big 300lbers. They list him at 300lb, but he is MUCH smaller than that.

RBs: Exactly what I expected. Would just like to see more of James Wilder Jr. Chad Abram who replaced longtime starter at FB Lonnie Pryor did a hell of a job for his first start ever.

WRs: HELLO Mr. Kelvin Benjamin. Where in the hell have you been? Glad to see you not quit on routes, fight for the ball, block without a penalty, and make clean cuts. Everyone else played as expected.

TE: Nick O'Leary. Jesus boy what the hell have you eaten to get that damn big? Glad to see you just run your routes and make catches. THis will sound bad, but maybe that horrendous motorcycle accident you were in helped you realize to quit screwing around.

Special Teams: Good job on punts and FGs. Need to work on not running PAST the damn ball carrier on kickoffs.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan State

Offense was much much worse than I thought and I didn't have high hopes to begin with
Defense was a little more porous than I would like especially against a weak team like Western. I hope it is because they were being lazy and not a real indication of what the defense actually is. Obviously they wont be getting two touchdowns a game.

OnlyCrimson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If our Oline does not improve quickly we will not win three NC in a row. Everything else looked really good.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska

Bo doesn't know defense.
Imani Cross is a beast
Defense played as young as they are
Offensive play calling was completely out of synch
I didn't get drunk.

BoSelecta

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos will be fine and run the table to earn a decent bowl bid. By end of November we will be back to form and in the hunt for the N.C.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos will be fine and run the table to earn a decent bowl bid. By end of November we will be back to form and in the hunt for the N.C.

tumblr_mdwqhpDPdq1rlseiyo1_500.gif

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos will be fine and run the table to earn a decent bowl bid. By end of November we will be back to form and in the hunt for a middle tier, mid December bowl game.

fify

pitman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bo don't know shit, he is just a troll.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beamerball is no longer a thing. I wish they would stop saying that phrase.

Oh, it's still a thing, thankfully for Bama fans it was being practiced by a different team on Saturday. Would have been a different game without those special teams td's.

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama

Offensive line was pretty horrible. But we didn't open up the playbook. Defense looked great, better than I thought. Special teams looked amazing. Landon Collins on punt coverage is a beast. Christion Jones looked great. Glad the special teams looked good against a team known for their awesome ST play. Still a long way to go to even consider the National Championship

MellowYellow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SDSU:

We suck

Strengths: Hot cheerleaders
Weaknesses: Anything related to football.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slow start bothersome-I was sitting there in the 100* heat, getting hotter by the minute.

BUT, then, BOOM. 35 point in six minutes...7 td's over 20 yards or more (NO TEAM did that ALL of last year), including Oregon

4 td's over 50 yards. NO TEAM has done that in 10 years, including Oregon.

So, now just gotta wait until we play a real team. At least, we didn't beat down and FCS team...

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Virginia Tech
Positives: We had a much improved offensive line in both pass protection and run and Trey Edmunds ran well. Not too many RBs run for 132 yards against Alabama. Its amazing the leap our offensive line has made from last year if we keep this up. Last year, our offensive line was horrible against some pretty bad teams.

Our defense was pretty good and we really only got burned once despite being very aggressive on defense. Our corners pretty much locked down the Alabama WRs. Our DL and LB kept the run game in check and kept McCarron on the run all night.

Negatives: Logan Thomas wasn't amazing but he made a lot of good throws that were dropped. He certainly wasn't 5 of 26 bad. Our wide receivers were absolutely embarrassing. DJ Coles caused a pick six by stopping on a route and Knowles dropped a lot of catchable passes. I am surprised we didn't use other receivers more. I worry that we won't be able to get our run game going because our passing game is such a mess.

Our special teams were absolutely embarrassing as well. You can't arm tackle a good returners and you can't kick such a flat punt against Alabama or you get embarrassed like we did last night.

Not to mention it was his college football debut

Doctor Krieger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smart's wearing his homer glasses.

I'll caveat my comments by saying that it's very difficult to learn anything from a game against UMass. That said, here goes:

- The defense looks pretty good and the players seem to understand their assignments in the new 3-4 scheme... to me, pitching a shut out is more of a positive sign than putting up a bunch of points against a weak opponent
- Sojourn Shelton (freshman DB) looks talented and made some really athletic plays, but he's young and the secondary will struggle to contain a prolific passer (read: Braxton Miller)
- Markuson didn't break the offensive line this year, so those guys looked a lot better. Lack of depth is still a major concern
- The running backs look good as expected
- We only have one wide receiver on the roster so far as I can tell
- Stave needs to work on his decision-making and timing

Miller is a prolific passer?

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State:

Offense: looked more dynamic than last year when we basically just ran the zone read every play and occasionally threw deep off of play action. Miller looks improved in his passing. O-line looks stout.

Defense: inconsistent. I know we are young, but giving up 2 tds to Buffalo isn't good.

Overall: inconsistent. Just week one, but there were times when the team looked very very sloppy. Bad penalties, blown assignments, turnovers, etc. Most of this happened after jumping out to a big lead, so maybe it was just a case of intensity drop off.

Total Grade: C. Nothing especially good or bad about the performance. Did what was needed, won the game, didn't wow anyone.

C U Buff Fan1

Total Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best thing about Colorado this weekend was for the first time in about 5 years they looked like they had a clue as to what they were doing. Looks like CU finally has a coach. He will make some SEC team very happy in a couple years.

We can also double our win total from last year with a win over Central Arkansas this week. I hope.

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State. The difference between OSU running the table and winning the nc is the speed at which Braxton Miller gets rid of the ball. I don't think he's quick enough. The defense will mature as the season goes on and getting back 2 starting DB's will make a difference. We can run the table, dosen't mean we will.

Texas. Did not see them play on week 1. Don't get Longhorn Network. David Ash surprised me. WR might be a bit weak, but players like Malcom Brown and Daje Johnson make the difference. Defense seems rock solid, but tougher tests will bare the truth.

Both could go all the way and meet in the nc game, but don't really see that happening. Still, it should be a good ride until the end.