• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

impressions of your team after one whole week

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisconsin:

QB: Stave's stats look pretty damn good, but in reality, he only deserves a C. He hit Abbredaris on two long TDs, but blatantly underthrew him on two other surefire TDs. He also only had three completions in the first half. He has a huge arm, but he needs to figure out the timing a little better with Abbredaris.

HB: What can you say? Three RBs over 100 yards. All of them making excellent cuts. They all burst through holes like it was nothing. If we don't have the best running back corp in America, then I don't know who does. Also, Derek Watt is a great fullback.

Recs: Abbredaris would have had 5 catches for 280 yards and 5 TDs if Stave had been more accurate. As it stands, he only had 122 yards on his two catches. He is an incredible deep threat, and nobody would be surprised if he finished the year with 1,000+ yards on 25+ YPC. Pedersen had aa rough day for an elite tight end. Everyone else was inept.

O-Line: Mixed bag. Did not get a lot of forward movement. Did get a lot of lateral movement. Opened up big holes. Protected the pass well. Struggled on the goal line. All in all, a decent game with a lot of room to grow.

D-Line: They did their job plugging the run. Against the pass, there wasn't enough pressure. I'm not sure if it was on them or the linebackers, but it was the one big flaw of an otherwise perfect defensive effort.

LBs: Borland is still everywhere after all of these years, and he forced yet another fumble (NCAA record 14th). Armstrong, Kelly, and Landisch were great as well. The biggesst improvement was in their tackling ability. When they got there, people went down. Outside of the lack of pressure, a perfect game.

DBs: A true freshman starter (Shelton) may have been the best guy back there. It was an incredible display from a unit that was supposed to be our weakness. There were a moment or two where slot receivers ran free in the middle, but the big play was shut down and the outside was locked down. Also, no missed tackles.

STs: Much better coverage. Very good returning. Horribly inept kickers.

I thought we looked really great. I can't remember a more balanced Badger team in my lifetime. If Stave can pick it up and a #2 receiver can emerge, this team should go at least 11-1.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We got a shiny new 2013 'W' to put in our 'W' column.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Now, on to those applications for a week 2 'W'.

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can only take so much away from play Austin Peay. Our starters looked good, but not much after that.

24seven

Biggest Cock Around Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We looked about the same as last year.
Still using our 2nd best QB and RB as starters, but both have good "back ups."
Young linebackers, but handled the pass game well. Too many holes in the run defense.
D line pressured QB effectively (despite the Clowney shit talk, he beat his man regularly and got into the backfield, most plays went the other way and QB got rid of ball quickly).
Was nice to see a couple big plays on offense (65+ yards), but not sure we can keep doing that.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My impression still the same Until my USC Trojans get rid of Lane Kiffin we aint doing crap!!:ss:

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We got a shiny new 2013 'W' to put in our 'W' column.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Now, on to those applications for a week 2 'W'.

That's how Oklahoma is gonna have to look at the entire season. One game at a time.

xpuctaqpGT

Modern Major General
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Georgia Tech

We beat up on a patsy opponent. Which is better than the reverse (see all the teams that lost to FCS schools).

Won't really know where we stand until we get some conference games played.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thank god we didn't play a good team.
not impressed by much.
everything needs to get a lot better.
but that's what 1st games are for.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas:

Daje Johnson emerging as one of the most exciting players in CFB. You will all know his name by Oct/Nov
OL: mixed bag. Push in the middle still lacking. Namely Walters and Espinosa. 2nd unit dominated. They are a more talented group than the first string.
WR: 2 top options missed camp and it certainly showed as M Davis was rusty
DL: Cedic Reed took some big steps. MB was solid
LB: mixed bag. Edmonds still lacks instincts. Santos came off the bench and looked like he may take over h MLB spot
DBs: not worried at CB. Texas is really deep. Safety is not her story. Thompson looked much better, but Phillips still takes poor angles and is not a plus tackler

Uman5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Canes

A bit sloppy, too many penalties, dropped passes. All can be fixed.

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought we looked really great. I can't remember a more balanced Badger team in my lifetime. If Stave can pick it up and a #2 receiver can emerge, this team should go at least 11-1.

Smart's wearing his homer glasses.

I'll caveat my comments by saying that it's very difficult to learn anything from a game against UMass. That said, here goes:

- The defense looks pretty good and the players seem to understand their assignments in the new 3-4 scheme... to me, pitching a shut out is more of a positive sign than putting up a bunch of points against a weak opponent
- Sojourn Shelton (freshman DB) looks talented and made some really athletic plays, but he's young and the secondary will struggle to contain a prolific passer (read: Braxton Miller)
- Markuson didn't break the offensive line this year, so those guys looked a lot better. Lack of depth is still a major concern
- The running backs look good as expected
- We only have one wide receiver on the roster so far as I can tell
- Stave needs to work on his decision-making and timing

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We still have the spread offence and really hope that our week 1 game plan was just a practice gun slinger game for Gardner and week 2 we pound the rock.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
o-line needs work! Last year a team could stack the box and it didn't matter. This year Va Tech did and we were not going to throw and throw to open it up because we had a big lead through special teams and defense but we were unable to run with success. It won't be like that every week but needs to get better. The rest will be fine. Defense might be best Bama's had during this nice run we've been having, by end of year.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas:

Daje Johnson emerging as one of the most exciting players in CFB. You will all know his name by Oct/Nov
OL: mixed bag. Push in the middle still lacking. Namely Walters and Espinosa. 2nd unit dominated. They are a more talented group than the first string.
WR: 2 top options missed camp and it certainly showed as M Davis was rusty
DL: Cedic Reed took some big steps. MB was solid
LB: mixed bag. Edmonds still lacks instincts. Santos came off the bench and looked like he may take over h MLB spot
DBs: not worried at CB. Texas is really deep. Safety is not her story. Thompson looked much better, but Phillips still takes poor angles and is not a plus tackler

Spot on about Phillips. Worst tackler on the team and shouldn't be starting. Totally agree about Daje, damn that kid is a stud! It also looks like Overstreet will turn out to be a good RB as well. Sloppy 1st half, but dominated 2nd half. It's New Mexico State, so I can't get too excited about that beatdown.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Positives: None.
Negatives: We suck.

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah that was spot on

+1

plus FG kicker looked good

Yep. Forgot about Colby. Dude is money, thank God. Having a iffy FG kicker can make for a long season.