• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Important Question for the Board #1

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winning and losing is a team stat. I know qb's get all the credit and all the blame, but unless you think Manning is still a good qb because he went 10-2 as a starter this year, then you can't use the 9-7 qb record for Tebow to prove he was any good.

And as I said before, Tebow was trending down. His stats were getting worse and the Broncos lost 4 of his final 5 starts.

You're right that the win over the Steelers was great, but Tebow's play wasn't great that day. He still completed fewer than half of his passes, and most of his completions were to DT who was running wide open. In fact, the play that beat the Steelers in overtime was mostly DT: any qb in the NFL could have made that throw against that coverage. DT turned it into a touchdown because he had a great stiff arm and then breakaway speed.

As for Tebow being quasi-blackballed, I don't buy it for a second. The fact that he couldn't catch on with the Patriots basically disproves that theory. As entrenched as Tom Brady is, Tebow could have been the backup to groom with zero pressure on the coach to ever put him in. Instead, Belichick decided to not waste a roster spot on him. That should tell you all you need to know.

Yes winning and losing is a team stat. But a great QB makes winning easier. That's why I remarked earlier on Orton being 6-21 in his final 27 games in Denver. It shows how bad the team was and how much Tebow made it better.

And Tebow had a great game against PIT. Over 300 yards and 3 TDs. More than Manning did in the Super Bowl. Completion % isn't everything.

As for his time in New England, for the third time, I admit he was awful. However, he showed enough improvement imo with the Eagles to take a shot, but he didn't get it. And I don't believe it's because he's not talented, because he is. I believe it's because they didn't want the circus.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is also a trend of rushing QBs getting 'figured out' and becoming less effective after a quick flash. As a ducks fan Im worried that will happen with Mariota

This is a copycat league so it does seem that when 1 game plan works on a QB it is not long before every other team is copying it. Such as I bet Cam Newton will see a lot of the same that the Broncos were able to do against him. Now given not every team has the talent we do to do what we did but there will be similar ideas. Same with when the Broncos lost to the Seahawks in teams played us very similar from then on out of trying to force Manning to have to hold onto the ball and throw the ball deep. Teams really started taking the quick timing routes away and Manning had to adjust. At times he was able to do it against defenses that were weaker but against good defenses he just really struggled when they took away his best options.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes winning and losing is a team stat. But a great QB makes winning easier. That's why I remarked earlier on Orton being 6-21 in his final 27 games in Denver. It shows how bad the team was and how much Tebow made it better.

And Tebow had a great game against PIT. Over 300 yards and 3 TDs. More than Manning did in the Super Bowl. Completion % isn't everything.

As for his time in New England, for the third time, I admit he was awful. However, he showed enough improvement imo with the Eagles to take a shot, but he didn't get it. And I don't believe it's because he's not talented, because he is. I believe it's because they didn't want the circus.
And Orton started out 6-0. Defenses adjust, as they were with Tebow, who was 1-4 in his final 5 games.

Tebow did not have a great game against Pittsburgh. DT did, and that inflated Tebow's stats. Completion percentage isn't everything, but you can't be great when you're completion percentage is that low.

Honestly, the credit Tebow gets for the win against the Steelers has always bugged me. That was DT's game, he made it happen more than Tebow. He was truly special. Tebow made one great throw, the touchdown pass to Eddie Royal. Other than that, he didn't do anything special, he just hit open receivers a few times.

When it comes to the Eagles, if Chip Kelly was concerned about the circus, he never would have brought Tebow in to begin with. In fact, pretty much Chip's entire time in Philly could be characterized as a circus. I don't believe for a second Chip was worried about the circus with Tebow, he just cut him because he isn't very good.

megalodon30

Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Orton started out 6-0. Defenses adjust, as they were with Tebow, who was 1-4 in his final 5 games.

Tebow did not have a great game against Pittsburgh. DT did, and that inflated Tebow's stats. Completion percentage isn't everything, but you can't be great when you're completion percentage is that low.

Honestly, the credit Tebow gets for the win against the Steelers has always bugged me. That was DT's game, he made it happen more than Tebow. He was truly special. Tebow made one great throw, the touchdown pass to Eddie Royal. Other than that, he didn't do anything special, he just hit open receivers a few times.

When it comes to the Eagles, if Chip Kelly was concerned about the circus, he never would have brought Tebow in to begin with. In fact, pretty much Chip's entire time in Philly could be characterized as a circus. I don't believe for a second Chip was worried about the circus with Tebow, he just cut him because he isn't very good.

A WR can only be as good as a QB allows him to be. Tim's game against the Steelers was great. Made some great throws, made some great runs, lead his team to a W against a much more experienced team in the playoffs.

Maybe you're right about Kelly. I don't know. I'm not him. If I were, I'd have kept Tebow.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A WR can only be as good as a QB allows him to be. Tim's game against the Steelers was great. Made some great throws, made some great runs, lead his team to a W against a much more experienced team in the playoffs.

Maybe you're right about Kelly. I don't know. I'm not him. If I were, I'd have kept Tebow.
Great wide receivers make qb's look better all the time. Look at Calvin Johnson and Matt Stafford as perfect example.

Sorry, but I don't consider hitting wide open receivers a mark of a great game. To me, that's the minimum I expect from my starting qb.

megalodon30

Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great wide receivers make qb's look better all the time. Look at Calvin Johnson and Matt Stafford as perfect example.

Sorry, but I don't consider hitting wide open receivers a mark of a great game. To me, that's the minimum I expect from my starting qb.

So much better that the Lions have how many SBs again? Oh, that's right. Stafford has less playoff wins than Tebow. Jeez, if Tim had Calvin Johnson, he'd probably have a ring by now.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So much better that the Lions have how many SBs again? Oh, that's right. Stafford has less playoff wins than Tebow. Jeez, if Tim had Calvin Johnson, he'd probably have a ring by now.
200.gif

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's funny is in 2011 Matt Stafford and the Lions came to Denver and beat the ever loving piss out of Tebow and the Broncos. That game was so bad Cliff Avril was Tebowing, and after the game some Lions players were quoted saying, "Really? That's your quarterback?"

That was also the game that forced the coaches to completely change the offense, because they realized asking Tebow to pass like an actual NFL quarterback was going to result in more games like that.

megalodon30

Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was also the game that forced the coaches to completely change the offense, because they realized asking Tebow to pass like an actual NFL quarterback was going to result in more games like that.

And the Broncos proceeded with a 6 game winning streak. Your point?

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the Broncos proceeded with a 6 game winning streak. Your point?
That they knew Tebow couldn't succeed in an NFL offense, so they installed a gimmick offense to give themselves a chance. And it worked for 6 games, as you said, until defenses started figuring out how to stop it (or just didn't bother going to prevent at the end of games like the Bears and Jets), then the Broncos lost 4 of 5 and Tebow's numbers got worse and worse. I mean, the Patriots shut us down twice, and they didn't even have a very good defense that year! They were 15th overall and 31st against the pass!

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
. That game was so bad Cliff Avril was Tebowing, and after the game some Lions players were quoted saying, "Really? That's your quarterback?"

And this is why I love Tebow so much ... Not because I'm sure he would have won here if he had stayed or played on this season's team - but because with every imaginable block of adversity in front of him - foremost being a lack of QB skills - he still gave us one of the most memorable seasons ever ..

He won games with nothing other than sheer balls

I am glad we won this season, and I am glad we can say goodbye to Manning this way ... But if you were to ask me what QB I like better, I would not hesitate to say Tebow ...

The ultimate over achiever, and I have a lot more respect and love for the overachiever than the spoiled brats

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this is why I love Tebow so much ... Not because I'm sure he would have won here if he had stayed or played on this season's team - but because with every imaginable block of adversity in front of him - foremost being a lack of QB skills - he still gave us one of the most memorable seasons ever ..

He won games with nothing other than sheer balls

I am glad we won this season, and I am glad we can say goodbye to Manning this way ... But if you were to ask me what QB I like better, I would not hesitate to say Tebow ...

The ultimate over achiever, and I have a lot more respect and love for the overachiever than the spoiled brats
Correction. He gave you ,not us ,the most memorable season ever.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correction. He gave you ,not us ,the most memorable season ever.

You cannot deny the Tebow season being memorable

For ***** sake, we're talking about it right now

And one other thing:

The playoff win vs the Steelers was the first and only time that year the Steelers gave up 300 yards passing - that was not simply one lucky pass .. Why didn't opposing receivers get wide open all game in the other 16 games the Steelers played ?

And Tebow lost Eric Decker in the first half to the knee injury ..

What is not so memorable are the players around Tebow in that game

Off the top of your head, aside from DT, who is on that offense with Tebow ?

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
- Willis McGahee with 2 fumbles in the game
- Lance Ball
- Daniel Fells
- Eric Decker played less than one half
- Eddie Royal

And Dante Rosario who didn't have a catch

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tebow to DT has to be a top 10 play in Broncos history
The stiff arm is the part I remember most

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought this would be a good question. ;)

When Tebow was miraculously winning games while his stats stunk - I felt - as a fan- I was caught in the center of the world's attention - that was a trip.

How could you not like the trade from one season to the next - Tebow for Peyton Manning? ;)

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every time I read a post here, I can hear Deion Sanders, Steve Mariucci, Michael Irving and Rich Eisen singing:

Teeee-bow, whooaaaa, ohhhhh .. Teeeee, bow

lol

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tebow - even had the weird Super Bowl connection where he was Cam Newton's teammate and Peyton Manning's predecessor.