• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Immediate impact players on your team: Class of 2014

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cam Robinson and Dominick Jackson two stud O lineman ready to fill in at our two lineman spots open. I think Grant Hill(a recruit from last year) needs to take over for Arie Koundjio that dude sucks. I also think Evans could see some playing time against Spread offenses. I expect Tony Brown and Marlon Humphrey to see a lot of playing time in the secondary. Also I expect Dashawn Hand to start from day one.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jermichael Finley was our last awesome TE. I'm liking Blake Whitley; I think he'll make an impact immediately. I know some of my fellow Orangebloods would like to see Jerrod Heard redshirt, but we have nothing at QB. I'm not sold on Swoopes and Ash is one hit away from his career ending forever. Give Heard a chance if he's good enough.

-
If things worked out perfectly the entire class would red shirt. Last thing I want to see is a true freshman out there, especially a OL/DL. Guys I think can make a difference are Whitley, Jermaine Roberts, and Ed Freeman. Roberts has serious athletic ability and was a great corner/playmaker in LA. 4 star kid at 5'9", which says a lot about his athletic ability. Freeman is a hybrid LB/S. I picked him only because he fits the 3-3-5 defense well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Williams is soft. He is a hometown guy. I watched him play in the biggest game of his life and he was sucking eggs and getting IV's in the 2nd quarter.

The new conditioning program at Auburn is phenomenal and geared towards the HUNH he will be in shape and ready to go.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Vol's over signed by 8 players though right? So that means they only get 17, with 7 commitments already that means they only have 10 scholarships available for the 2015 class. Could be a blessing in disguise to get that much time dedicated to trying to get the 10 best possible players to go to school there.

Buddy of mine says 12 of Tennessee's signees enrolled early so they don't count against this years 25. Not sure what they did to clear space for 12 but it looks like Butch Jones isn't playing game in Knoxville.

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing out on JuJu and Budda sucked. I think they would have been playing on the defensive side as well. JuJu could have played both ways though. That guy is unreal.

Thank God we got 2 very nice safeties in McGraw and Oliver. WIth Dargan back there I am confident in the secondary. I believe it will be one of the Nations best again. Losing Mitchell sucks because I love the kid. But to be honest his shoes will be filled easily.

LBS will be vastly improved and dare I say among the best units in the PAC. Not as strong Nationally as the DB unit. THe big red flag is the d line. But if we are optimistic we can find positives. Armstead, Buckner, Washington JR and other solid returners added to incoming JC transfer Maolata and freshman Talia that I believe both could contribute. Also really hoping 2014 is the coming out party for Prevot and Balducci.

Lots of work on that d line. But a new D coord with the talent there we have reason to be optimistic.

What are we gonna do with Arrion Springs? Also, who do you think fills that open LB spot? Plus, all of the special teams are gone, Kicker, Punter, DeAnthony?? Who I personally think killed himself by entering too early. He could have been a great 3rd down guy, kinda like he ended up being after his injury.

I do agree, I am liking our def backfield. Also, I've heard a lot about Mitchell being the better of the 2 CB's as far as pro prospects. What do you think??

If the OL can keep Mariotta upright and giving him some time to throw + run, I likey this team!!!! :suds:

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC

O line and DBs were spots where immediate help is required .Look for Mama to get time especially if he's going on his mission the next year . Juju is slated for the offense mostly but can help on defense and Adoree will probably play more on the defensive side with some time at slot.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are we gonna do with Arrion Springs? Also, who do you think fills that open LB spot? Plus, all of the special teams are gone, Kicker, Punter, DeAnthony?? Who I personally think killed himself by entering too early. He could have been a great 3rd down guy, kinda like he ended up being after his injury.

I do agree, I am liking our def backfield. Also, I've heard a lot about Mitchell being the better of the 2 CB's as far as pro prospects. What do you think??

If the OL can keep Mariotta upright and giving him some time to throw + run, I likey this team!!!! :suds:

SPrings will play in the secondary. He will get a lot of meaningful minutes. LB spot. Joe Walker and Tyrell Robinson are likely to see significant time @ LB maybe eve Brett Bafaro from here in Hillsboro.

I am not sweating the loss of DATS at all. I loved what he brought to Oregon but the DUcks are loaded at skill positions. THose two kids from FL Nelson and James have DATS type of speed. They aren't as polished as him this early in their young football lives though.

Ifo Ekpre Olomu would have been the 1st CB taken in this years draft by most draft analysis that I saw. Which is puzzling that he decided to return. That goes for Mariota as well. I think that says a lot. The fact that your best player on each side of the ball and both projected early 1st rounders came back. Helped with recruiting a ton is what I am hearing out of Eugene.

THe offense will be better next year. DB unit will be as good if not better. The front 7 is the concern. The players are there. We just need to hope they play as a unit not as individuals. I think a lot of it hinges on the production of Armstead.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Louie.

Do you ever go to fishduck? Great website for a Duck fan. Good group of bloggers for sure.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC

O line and DBs were spots where immediate help is required .Look for Mama to get time especially if he's going on his mission the next year . Juju is slated for the offense mostly but can help on defense and Adoree will probably play more on the defensive side with some time at slot.

Haloti Ngata threatened to do his mission after a year of football at Oregon and even before he stepped on the field. Well after his first year he never looked back.

I am not opposed to the kid following his religious ambitions. But it is tough for a guy like Mama or anyone else to get a taste of CFB at that level then step away for two years.

I hope his decision ultimately is what is best for him becoming the best man he can be.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buddy of mine says 12 of Tennessee's signees enrolled early so they don't count against this years 25. Not sure what they did to clear space for 12 but it looks like Butch Jones isn't playing game in Knoxville.

I think I heard some of them are preferred walk ons. Which I guess means they walk on as to not count against the limit this year, but will get a scholarship as soon as one is available(IE: next year).

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just received a Tweet and it states:

"Rashaan Evans' father Alan's convenience store "Corner Market" just sold and is being cleaned out now. Curious."

For full disclosure it did come from an Auburn source. Honestly don't know what that means but selling your business in just two days is a heck of a thing to pull off if it is true.

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just received a Tweet and it states:

"Rashaan Evans' father Alan's convenience store "Corner Market" just sold and is being cleaned out now. Curious."

For full disclosure it did come from an Auburn source. Honestly don't know what that means but selling your business in just two days is a heck of a thing to pull off if it is true.

And so it begins...

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not sure I understand. Is this the Auburn area kid that went to Bama? And if so, does this mean that his business would have been burned to the ground (not literally, but as in no one would shop there anymore?)

If so, this kind of thing kind of creeps me out. I do know once on business, I went to see a client in College Station. My truck had a little Longhorn symbol on the back tailgate. I wasn't in there 3 minutes, and went back out to grab something I had forgot. Two morons had already lifted my truck and were going to tow it, even though I was legally parked, in a parking lot, at the place I was meeting the client at. I basically had to threaten kicking their ass, and then saying I would personally make it my goal in life to shut them down if they towed my truck illegally. Fucking aggie morons.

They lowered my truck and left.

I hate that kind of provincial shit.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not sure I understand. Is this the Auburn area kid that went to Bama? And if so, does this mean that his business would have been burned to the ground (not literally, but as in no one would shop there anymore?)

If so, this kind of thing kind of creeps me out. I do know once on business, I went to see a client in College Station. My truck had a little Longhorn symbol on the back tailgate. I wasn't in there 3 minutes, and went back out to grab something I had forgot. Two morons had already lifted my truck and were going to tow it, even though I was legally parked, in a parking lot, at the place I was meeting the client at. I basically had to threaten kicking their ass, and then saying I would personally make it my goal in life to shut them down if they towed my truck illegally. Fucking aggie morons.

They lowered my truck and left.

I hate that kind of provincial shit.

They're aggies. What do you expect?

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ASU has a ton of starters to replace, so I anticipate seeing several new faces. They brought in several highly rated JuCos.

Dalvon Stuckey, DT - Likely starter. 300+ and mobile. Sutton's gone, Coleman's gone. If he isn't starting at the 3 tech, he'll be heavy in the rotation.

Darrius Caldwell, "Devil Back" - DE/LB hybrid position is open after Carl Bradford's departure. Person previously recruited for it switched to H-Back. It's between him, a true freshman recruit and maybe one of the Latu twins.

Kweishi Brown, CB - 6', highly rated JuCo CB. Both starters are gone so if he doesn't get a starting job, it's likely he'll at least factor into nickel or dime packages.t

De'Chavon Hayes, RB/WR - Another JuCo. Not the biggest guy (though at 190 lbs he's not tiny), but will probably have the primary return job, and they'll find a way to get him involved on offense. Outside chance he becomes the top RB, because despite his size he's HOLY SHIT DID YOU SEE THAT fast
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1458410/highlights/16555375

Eric Lauderdale, WR - More JuCos. Getting the same sort of hype and reviews as Jaelen Strong did last year and that worked out pretty well. Good size, can make plays after the catch, superb athlete. I've seen some Cordarelle Patterson comparisons. Probably the starter opposite Strong, which means he should see a ton of single coverage because Strong has NFL #1 WR potential.

D.J. Calhoun, LB - Early Entry, already on campus, from early reviews, performance at the Army All American game, etc., he seems likely to get the nod at Will as a true freshman. Really good looking player, though he'll need to find a way to get another 5-10 lbs on his frame over the next 7 months. Big time hitter.

Christian Westerman, G- Former #1 OL recruit in the country will probably play guard. Eligible after transferring home from Auburn. Probably starting LG with Jamil Douglas moving to LT.

Kalen Ballage, RB- Might be Demario Richard or Hayes, but someone is going to play early at RB. Maybe more than 1. Might not be the starter, that could be D.J. Foster or Deantre Lewis, but ASU uses their RBs a ton. Ballage is a freak show athlete. 6'2", 220+ and legit 4.4 speed. Good receiver, too. Outside shot he gets moved to LB.

There are other guys who might play early, too. Tyler Whiley probably at WR, though I doubt he'll start. He'd be more likely to play early at corner I think. Boateng is another JuCo DE who is rated highly and will probably play some. There are 3 very talented freshman DL as well that might get some burn. Sort of hard to figure out where the DL rotation is going to be. Jamal Scott seems like he might need a year, but I'd read some Cali people saying he was absurdly overlooked because of the low profile of his HS. Played safety in high school, but will probably play the LB/S hybrid "Spur" due to his size and pass coverage ability.

Either way, I think a significant portion of the 2014 class will play immediately with several starters from it, mostly from the JuCos but possibly also a couple true freshmen.

Last edited by a moderator:

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ASU has a ton of starters to replace, so I anticipate seeing several new faces. They brought in several highly rated JuCos.

Dalvon Stuckey, DT - Likely starter. 300+ and mobile. Sutton's gone, Coleman's gone. If he isn't starting at the 3 tech, he'll be heavy in the rotation.

Darrius Caldwell, "Devil Back" - DE/LB hybrid position is open after Carl Bradford's departure. Person previously recruited for it switched to H-Back. It's between him, a true freshman recruit and maybe one of the Latu twins.

Kweishi Brown, CB - 6', highly rated JuCo CB. Both starters are gone so if he doesn't get a starting job, it's likely he'll at least factor into nickel or dime packages.t

De'Chavon Hayes, RB/WR - Another JuCo. Not the biggest guy (though at 190 lbs he's not tiny), but will probably have the primary return job, and they'll find a way to get him involved on offense. Outside chance he becomes the top RB, because despite his size he's HOLY SHIT DID YOU SEE THAT fast
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1458410/highlights/16555375

Eric Lauderdale, WR - More JuCos. Getting the same sort of hype and reviews as Jaelen Strong did last year and that worked out pretty well. Good size, can make plays after the catch, superb athlete. I've seen some Cordarelle Patterson comparisons. Probably the starter opposite Strong, which means he should see a ton of single coverage because Strong has NFL #1 WR potential.

D.J. Calhoun, LB - Early Entry, already on campus, from early reviews, performance at the Army All American game, etc., he seems likely to get the nod at Will as a true freshman. Really good looking player, though he'll need to find a way to get another 5-10 lbs on his frame over the next 7 months. Big time hitter.

Christian Westerman, G- Former #1 OL recruit in the country will probably play guard. Eligible after transferring home from Auburn. Probably starting LG with Jamil Douglas moving to LT.

Kalen Ballage, RB- Might be Demario Richard or Hayes, but someone is going to play early at RB. Maybe more than 1. Might not be the starter, that could be D.J. Foster or Deantre Lewis, but ASU uses their RBs a ton. Ballage is a freak show athlete. 6'2", 220+ and legit 4.4 speed. Good receiver, too. Outside shot he gets moved to LB.

There are other guys who might play early, too. Tyler Whiley probably at WR, though I doubt he'll start. He'd be more likely to play early at corner I think. Boateng is another JuCo DE who is rated highly and will probably play some. There are 3 very talented freshman DL as well that might get some burn. Sort of hard to figure out where the DL rotation is going to be. Jamal Scott seems like he might need a year, but I'd read some Cali people saying he was absurdly overlooked because of the low profile of his HS. Played safety in high school, but will probably play the LB/S hybrid "Spur" due to his size and pass coverage ability.

Either way, I think a significant portion of the 2014 class will play immediately with several starters from it, mostly from the JuCos but possibly also a couple true freshmen.

I love Lauderdale. The guy said he would have hone to Florida, but they wanted him to take summer classes

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I saw that quote. I suspect that Florida's shitstorm of an offense probably factored in a little, too, but it was funny nonetheless.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
James Clark WR. He has Ted Ginn type of speed and his body type. He was a freshman last year and got season ending injury very early in the season.

Clark's class of 2013 dumb dumb.