• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your preferred "flags" for drafting.

ZepTepi

Factorem fata mea
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've used many different strategies for drafting over the years, from the old school crossing off of names from a FFB magazine to several different subscription tools like FantasyPros draft assistant and The Fantasy Footballers UDK and many methods in between. This year I've been trying using "flags" in conjunction with tiered positional lists. By "flags" I mean letters/numbers/icons next to a players name denoting things like 2nd year WRs, top 10 projected O-lines, ect. Other than tiered or non-tiered lists, ADP, and your intuition, what other things do you value in determining players to target over other players?

Zep

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've used many different strategies for drafting over the years, from the old school crossing off of names from a FFB magazine to several different subscription tools like FantasyPros draft assistant and The Fantasy Footballers UDK and many methods in between. This year I've been trying using "flags" in conjunction with tiered positional lists. By "flags" I mean letters/numbers/icons next to a players name denoting things like 2nd year WRs, top 10 projected O-lines, ect. Other than tiered or non-tiered lists, ADP, and your intuition, what other things do you value in determining players to target over other players?

Zep
Who i draft with. Know your league
Mates and their tendencies. That combine with some adp knowledge. Example-last year amron was a target for me everywhere. I thought he had wr 1-2 potential. But i was not taking him round 3-4. I do know I have some savvy league mates and someone else would have that thought as well. When I pulled the trigger it was probably 2 rounds early in one draft. And an immediate “f you” is let out by my buddy who picked next and was taking him. Things like that. I also knew i could wait on a qb and grab someone pretty good round 6-9. Snagged lamar round 8.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Zep

I'm still stuck in the 90's... highlighters, each color means something similar to your 'flags', and the old school sharpie for those I won't take under any circumstances

ZepTepi

Factorem fata mea
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still stuck in the 90's... highlighters, each color means something similar to your 'flags', and the old school sharpie for those I won't take under any circumstances
Sometimes tried & true is the best for you.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just put all the different players names on the floor and give it the ol'DeShaun Watson and whichever ones come up sticky are the guys I draft

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I try to draft players from good offenses and avoid stockpiling players from bad offenses.
It's sometimes unavoidable.
But yardage and catches alone don't guarantee fantasy wins. You need players that score TD.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just put all the different players names on the floor and give it the ol'DeShaun Watson and whichever ones come up sticky are the guys I draft
Disgusted Jim Carrey GIF

ZepTepi

Factorem fata mea
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, that would be nothing if not entertaining!

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Zep
I have almost always made my own tiered list and yes sometimes i add wr2 or rookie or top qb or rb 1b as "flags"

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I try to draft players from good offenses and avoid stockpiling players from bad offenses.
But yardage and catches alone don't guarantee fantasy wins. You need players that score TD.
Which are the most volatile

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Zep

I kill myself with superstition.
Cowboys WR? Well I can’t draft a Cowboys TE.
49ers RB? Well I can’t draft a SF QB.
Steelers WR? Well I can’t draft another Steelers WR.

I always look at bye weeks.
September schedules (and foolishly, fantasy playoff schedules).

Then… to add on to “tiers”, I queue all RB and WR to see how far down I’m willing to go.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also try to limit players that are age 28 or older. At least for RB.