• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Immediate impact players on your team: Class of 2014

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who do you feel will have an immediate impact on your programs upcoming 2014 season from this recent signed class of 2014?

Well before today I would have said Budda Baker of course because UW is thin in the secondary and with his skill set they are not going to let him red shirt. Also Naijiel Hale for the same reason. Another kid to help improve the secondary.

After today, I'd unfortunately add quarterback K.J. Carta-Samuels who now might have a bonifide chance at making it as a starter as a frosh. Now that the front runner to make it as the starter has been suspended and very likely will be kicked off the team. :tsk:

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well before today I would have said Budda Baker of course because UW is thin in the secondary and with his skill set they are not going to let him red shirt. Also Naijiel Hale for the same reason. Another kid to help improve the secondary.

After today, I'd unfortunately add quarterback K.J. Carta-Samuels who now might have a bonifide chance at making it as a starter as a frosh. Now that the front runner to make it as the starter has been suspended and very likely will be kicked off the team. :tsk:

For those of you who don't know what my dearest Fusky friend is talking about, their end of season and projected starting QB (Miley Cyrus) aka Cyrus Miles, sucker punched and knocked out a Bronco fan in Seattle.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those of you who don't know what my dearest Fusky friend is talking about, their end of season and projected starting QB (Miley Cyrus) aka Cyrus Miles, sucker punched and knocked out a Bronco fan in Seattle.

First of all, notice I made no mention of the ducks in my post. I leave that sort of taunting and trolling for the Pac12 thread where it belongs. Nice to know you have no such demarcation. :L

Second of all your facts are entirely wrong. It would appear you didn't actually read the link I posted with the story but instead assumed what happened and now are spreading it. :doh:

What really happened is two dumb asses that played (past tense I hope) for UW dressed in Bronco's gear (one of them is from colorado) were allegedly involved in knocking down a chick near the bon fire created in the street on greek row shortly after the SB ended and broke her phone and then later allegedly jumped out of a car at some random dude, asked him if he is was Seahawk fan, and after he said yes they proceeded to punch him several times. They didn't go beating up poor defenseless Bronco fans as you suggest, they ARE bronco fans that took out their frustration on Seahawk fans.

Not one person I've spoken to want either one to be still left on the team.

Why don't you tell the fine folks up here what happens to kids who punch people who are Ducks.

Right, you won't go there will you.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not our highest rated, but to answer the question as asked:

Blake Whitley, TE, Juco. 6ft 5 pass catching tight end. A position we have needed for a number of years now. He will start, he will be one of either Ash, Wittek, or Swoopes best friends on the offense.

Yeah I can't remember the last time UT had a big time play making TE. You'd think those types of guys grow on trees down there.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I had to name one other guy that could really get some significant PT or even end up starting..

Tanner Farmer - Yahoo! Sports

He's the number 82 player overall nationally according to rivals.

At 6-4 315 he's coming in looking like a 3rd year player and he's a blue collar salt of the earth type kid.

He's a prototypical Nebraska guard and because he's so athletic he has a great chance at PT because we ask our guards to pull so much. Plus, how can you not love the name "Farmer" for a Nebraska O-Lineman?

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously Leonard Fournette for the Tigers. I would also say Malachi Dupree as well. LSU had more players leave JR year to go pro the past 2 seasons than the Big 12 and the B1G conferences as a whole. If LSU is going to be competitive these young DL's, LB's, and skill players must step up.

I remember reading Fournette's story a while back. That is one kid who's been through more than most will in their entire life. Amazing dude right there, he's gonna do big things.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dalvin Cook RB

Ermon Lane WR

Travis Rudolph WR

All 3 should see significant playing time an have an impact. Defensively probably not many people due to the talent and experience in front of them.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cameron Robinson will be a virtual lock at LT in the spring. I don't see why either Tony Brown or Marlon Humphrey WOULDN'T be starting at CB, if not both of them. Bo Scarbrough might be sentenced to play strong safety if not WR... Nickelback wouldn't be bad either. DeShawn Hand will definitely be getting some PT early against West Virginia. Saban might do what he did against Clemson in 2008 and play virtually all of the freshmen in the season opener.

I'd be surprised if either Brown Or Humphrey will be starting at CB this year. Yeah I know we've had some struggles at the position last year, but that is a position that is very hard to learn and I don't see how either could be ready to the extent of being a starter next year.

Special teams expect to see both however.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I can't remember the last time UT had a big time play making TE. You'd think those types of guys grow on trees down there.

You are right. My old man, at the Texas Longhorns Club, one of the weekly luncheons this season, as the speaker, the TE coach, if we would throw a forward pass to a TE this season, or ever again. :laugh3:

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet that incoming Freshman TE from Stanford is the PAC freshman of the year in that conference.

Kid is the real deal.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going with Budda Baker for Washington, kick returns are gonna be very exciting, coach Petersen said he's pondering adding offensive plays for him, exciting times.....

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
James Clark WR. He has Ted Ginn type of speed and his body type. He was a freshman last year and got season ending injury very early in the season.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's an offensive lineman or two that might make an impact, and a receiver or two like Quick or Todd.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The people that I feel really good about are:

Krenwick Sanders (WR)
Serge Trezy (JUCO, CB or S)
D'Cota Dixon (S)
Dominic Cizauskas* (LB)
Rafael Gaglianone (K)
Jeremy Patterson (DT)

I'd expect most of these guys to start. There are a couple of other really good players who will ride the bench because they go to positions where everyone returns

*Is currently accused of sexual assault and hasn't signed. It's under the radar, but his career goes nowhere if the allegation turns out to be true, obviously.

Trevler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The most impact for the Terps will be on the offensive line.

Damian Prince
Derwin Gray
Larry Mazyck(juco transfer)

All three could be starters. Prince and Gray have huge upside, but I just worry about starting two freshman on the line.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jermichael Finley was our last awesome TE. I'm liking Blake Whitley; I think he'll make an impact immediately. I know some of my fellow Orangebloods would like to see Jerrod Heard redshirt, but we have nothing at QB. I'm not sold on Swoopes and Ash is one hit away from his career ending forever. Give Heard a chance if he's good enough.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jermichael Finley was our last awesome TE. I'm liking Blake Whitley; I think he'll make an impact immediately. I know some of my fellow Orangebloods would like to see Jerrod Heard redshirt, but we have nothing at QB. I'm not sold on Swoopes and Ash is one hit away from his career ending forever. Give Heard a chance if he's good enough.

Not sold on Swoopes either. I haven't seen anything from him that says he is a lock at the position. Hell he couldn't even beat out McCoy. That says a lot. Sucks for Ash, he sounds pretty fucked up. If he is really that bad why are they letting him play?

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's an offensive lineman or two that might make an impact, and a receiver or two like Quick or Todd.

Quick looks nice. His high school ran lots of WR screens and slants and shit that we do. He will adjust quick and we have plenty of room at WR for an incoming frosh stud. At a minimal he will be returning kicks and punts, that I have no doubt.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sold on Swoopes either. I haven't seen anything from him that says he is a lock at the position. Hell he couldn't even beat out McCoy. That says a lot. Sucks for Ash, he sounds pretty fucked up. If he is really that bad why are they letting him play?

He wants to play. For the record, I think I could beat out McCoy even being out of shape and all.......

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D'haquille Williams the number one JUCO receiver dude is a beast with Sammie Coats on one side and Williams on the other teams better have two big physical lockdown corners or it's going to be trouble.