• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Immediate impact players on your team: Class of 2014

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be surprised if either Brown Or Humphrey will be starting at CB this year. Yeah I know we've had some struggles at the position last year, but that is a position that is very hard to learn and I don't see how either could be ready to the extent of being a starter next year.

Special teams expect to see both however.

That's what I was thinking probably toughest position to play as a freshman even QB.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year?

For the Huskers it is Joe Keels; a JUCO DE that is in for the spring. 6'4" 275. Perfect "edge-setter" as a SDE opposite Randy Gregory.

If not, it is likely a return guy. We have quite a few slot WRs/RBs we brought in this year with Demorney Pierson-El, Larenzo Stewart (if he qualifies), or Glenn Irons. Irons was a return man freak for Edna-Karr in New Orleans this year.

Outside of those guys, hard to see many (if any) seeing the field for Nebraska. Even with a solid haul on the OL, those guys will all likely be RSs.

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cam Robinson for sure. And I'm sure De'shawn Hand will be playing against WVU and starting at some point this year.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember reading Fournette's story a while back. That is one kid who's been through more than most will in their entire life. Amazing dude right there, he's gonna do big things.

Class act as well. New Orleans QB Club had a meeting to give an award to the player of the year which of course he was awarded. He thanked them and said he could not accept the award because he didn't feel he was worthy. His team lost in the Semi-Finals, so he called up the qb of the state champion 4A school which hadn't won a playoff game in over 35 years and gave it to him. Only one of many stories speaking about this guys class. The University of LSU is happy to have him.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Class act as well. New Orleans QB Club had a meeting to give an award to the player of the year which of course he was awarded. He thanked them and said he could not accept the award because he didn't feel he was worthy. His team lost in the Semi-Finals, so he called up the qb of the state champion 4A school which hadn't won a playoff game in over 35 years and gave it to him. Only one of many stories speaking about this guys class. The University of LSU is happy to have him.

Huh???

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1512826_10151956285964387_1875797859_n.jpg

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see some Jucos popping up. Nothing better than a plug in immediately ready juco. Man, a good juco can fill a void and the program won't miss a beat.

We got one on the DL that will get A LOT of playing time with the loss of 3 SRs. He better bring his hard hat because the d front is obviously Oregon's soft spot.

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who do you feel will have an immediate impact on your programs upcoming 2014 season from this recent signed class of 2014?

Mamba,

Wondering your thoughts on JuJu Smith. I know he was projected to go to U$C, but I heard a few pundits thought Oregon was gonna pull the upset.

Also, had the Ducks got him, you think he plays safety?? Last year starters graduate, so seems like it would've been a good fit.

Obviously all conjecture now. :bawling:

Thoughts??

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mamba,

Wondering your thoughts on JuJu Smith. I know he was projected to go to U$C, but I heard a few pundits thought Oregon was gonna pull the upset.

Also, had the Ducks got him, you think he plays safety?? Last year starters graduate, so seems like it would've been a good fit.

Obviously all conjecture now. :bawling:

Thoughts??

Losing out on JuJu and Budda sucked. I think they would have been playing on the defensive side as well. JuJu could have played both ways though. That guy is unreal.

Thank God we got 2 very nice safeties in McGraw and Oliver. WIth Dargan back there I am confident in the secondary. I believe it will be one of the Nations best again. Losing Mitchell sucks because I love the kid. But to be honest his shoes will be filled easily.

LBS will be vastly improved and dare I say among the best units in the PAC. Not as strong Nationally as the DB unit. THe big red flag is the d line. But if we are optimistic we can find positives. Armstead, Buckner, Washington JR and other solid returners added to incoming JC transfer Maolata and freshman Talia that I believe both could contribute. Also really hoping 2014 is the coming out party for Prevot and Balducci.

Lots of work on that d line. But a new D coord with the talent there we have reason to be optimistic.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D'haquille Williams the number one JUCO receiver dude is a beast with Sammie Coats on one side and Williams on the other teams better have two big physical lockdown corners or it's going to be trouble.

Williams is soft. He is a hometown guy. I watched him play in the biggest game of his life and he was sucking eggs and getting IV's in the 2nd quarter.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going with Budda Baker for Washington, kick returns are gonna be very exciting, coach Petersen said he's pondering adding offensive plays for him, exciting times.....

Petersen made it fairly clear there won't be any offensive sets for him this coming season. Won't put too much on his plate in a first year situation. Not likely to do much returning either, but he will start at safety because they are thin back there. He won't be the only starter from this class though. I'm sure they will start Naijiel Hale at CB as well because of that thinness in the back. And I wouldn't rule out K.J. Carta-Samuels at this point with Miles possibly ending up off the team. The QB position will be wide open .

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morgan Mahalak QB as far as long term.

OMG. Kid is another Duck that was meant to be sech.

From what I have seen and heard, he is going to put up unreal numbers through the air and ground.

Question is, after 2014 when #8 leaves, the QB battle between Mahalak and Rodriguez. Rodriguez will be a RS JR while Mahalak a RS Frosh.

asu_08

HIGH OCTANE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see some Jucos popping up. Nothing better than a plug in immediately ready juco. Man, a good juco can fill a void and the program won't miss a beat.

We got one on the DL that will get A LOT of playing time with the loss of 3 SRs. He better bring his hard hat because the d front is obviously Oregon's soft spot.

JC transfers have been a big reason Graham has been able to turn around the ASU program the last 2 years and next year we'll need them to step up more than ever. If the 2 D-linemen we landed on signing day play to their potential ASU might actually field a respectable defense next year.

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Myles Garret (DE)

And just about every other defensive player they signed

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well before today I would have said Budda Baker of course because UW is thin in the secondary and with his skill set they are not going to let him red shirt. Also Naijiel Hale for the same reason. Another kid to help improve the secondary.

After today, I'd unfortunately add quarterback K.J. Carta-Samuels who now might have a bonifide chance at making it as a starter as a frosh. Now that the front runner to make it as the starter has been suspended and very likely will be kicked off the team. :tsk:

Baker and Hale. Agreed. Both will be roaming our D backfield this fall.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year?

For the Huskers it is Joe Keels; a JUCO DE that is in for the spring. 6'4" 275. Perfect "edge-setter" as a SDE opposite Randy Gregory.

If not, it is likely a return guy. We have quite a few slot WRs/RBs we brought in this year with Demorney Pierson-El, Larenzo Stewart (if he qualifies), or Glenn Irons. Irons was a return man freak for Edna-Karr in New Orleans this year.

Outside of those guys, hard to see many (if any) seeing the field for Nebraska. Even with a solid haul on the OL, those guys will all likely be RSs.

Felt hesitant mentioning any one of these kids. Mainly because fuck Ross Els and fuck whoever gave him a raise. "Difference makers" on special teams? I will wait patiently for the day to come where we have a remotely competent return game. If you think any one of these kids are the answer then you're living in a dream world.

HC's like to talk about how ST's is the third phase of the game and "just as important" as offense and defense. Well that's not true here at Nebraska. Not anymore. When I heard Ross Els recieved a raise I cringed.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keels won't break the two deep.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect all of these guys starting or get significant playing time. Butch Jones did an excellent job of putting together a top 5 class, despite coming off a crappy 5-7 season.

Josh Malone - Yahoo! Sports
Jalen Hurd - Yahoo! Sports
Daniel Helm - Yahoo! Sports
Lavon Pearson - Yahoo! Sports
Dontavius Blair - Yahoo! Sports
Todd Kelly - Yahoo! Sports
Dillon Bates - Yahoo! Sports
Dewayne Hendrix - Yahoo! Sports

The Vol's over signed by 8 players though right? So that means they only get 17, with 7 commitments already that means they only have 10 scholarships available for the 2015 class. Could be a blessing in disguise to get that much time dedicated to trying to get the 10 best possible players to go to school there.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keels won't break the two deep.

And who exactly are the 4 DEs that will make up the 2 deep in front of Keels?

Prior to the 2014 recruiting class being signed, these are the scholarship DEs on Nebraska's roster: Randy Gregory, Greg McMullen, and AJ Natter. (Natter is a RS Freshman that has yet to play a down of college football.)

That's it.

Keels is on the 2 deep by default unless you believe a walk on like Jack Gangwish gets the nod before him or that you believe our 2 other high school DEs that we are bringing in for the 2014 class are more ready to play than Keels.