• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Imma gonna catch Old Hitler on Sunday - ain't skeered neither

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's about a 30 minute run up to Boca Grande pass where the monsters lurk. There's a vid below about a 1000 pound hammerhead caught a couple years ago. Well, I'm hear to tell ya that is HALF the size of Old Hitler.

Here's a pregnant girl over 1200 pounds...would be like fuckin' a midget for old hitler!
UnderwaterTimes.com | Report: World-Record Pregnant Hammerhead Caught Off Florida was Carrying World-Record 55 Pups

Old Hitler is a 20+ foot great hammerhead that has been suckin' down 100+ pound tarpon like french fries in the pass when they're hooked by anglers. The beast is SO huge, everybody just stops whatever they're doing and floats over to gawk...has to be well over 2,000 pounds. Some guys hooked it about a decade ago. It took them straight out to sea for 7 straight hours - never changing speed or changing course. Finally, they got skeered and cut the line when weather came up and they were 20 miles out in a little flats boat.

It was probably 15 years ago - I had hooked about a 120 pound tarpon at 5 in the morning. We'd been up all night drinkin' to go out at 3 when the tide was right. I was standing in the back of the boat struggling with my catch when I could swear I saw something massive pass by the transom in the inky water...I mean fuckin' massive. My tarpon was gone in an instant. That's happens a lot...sharks get 'em.
A couple hours later, the sun was comin-up and somebody a couple hundred yards away started shouting "It's old hitler...look at that fuckin shark...it's old hitler." I know he got my tarpon too.

I have a couple big Penn reels, heavy wire on 100 pound test...gonna head up on Sunday and try to hook that MFer before he dies of old age.

They hook her at 11 minutes and bring her up at 21 minutes:

Last edited by a moderator:

themush

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
We go down to Boca all the time. There's some big fuckers in that pass. Good luck. Oh and don't fall in...

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We go down to Boca all the time. There's some big fuckers in that pass. Good luck. Oh and don't fall in...

lol..no doubt. I hooked a Jewfish once by the old oil tanker dock that was probably big enough to eat a person.
We decided to go Sunday because there are so many rays around. We'll start early then finally head into the pass when we have a half dozen or so rays for bait. It's probably the best passtime I know while drinkin' and enjoying nice cigars.

Old Hitler scared this 20 footer to death.
552677-hammerhead-shark.jpg

It picked his own shark teeth with this shark's tail!
hammered-x.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny how the fishing threads aren't that popular on this site. The one about whatshisface dying was light too.

Sharks man...sharks!!

SwampHumpy

Touching my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny how the fishing threads aren't that popular on this site. The one about whatshisface dying was light too.

Sharks man...sharks!!

There’s an ‘Old Hitler” on the east coast at Sebastian Inlet. Not as big as the monster you described. My brother-in-law surfs and has had a couple of close-ups with it. You couldn’t pay me enough to sit there with my feet dangling in the water waiting for a wave to get the fuck out of there! Stupid surfers!

themush

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Thx for the welcome Swamp. And yes Go Gators.

What ever happened Juice. I need a fishing report son!!

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm here to talk fishin anytime. Not much of a shark fisherman though. I have caught several small bonnetheads and some other kind of little fucking shark that I'd like to drive my pliers through his head for constantly harassing my bait and making me cut my lines.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh...well there were 25mph winds from the west and my bud's wife was mad at him for sumpin'. So, we cancelled until next weekend. That pass gets like 6 foot compression waves when the tide is going out against the wind...sux.

Old Hitler lucked out - can live another week. <we were a little skeered too>

SwampHumpy

Touching my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh...well there were 25mph winds from the west and my bud's wife was mad at him for sumpin'. So, we cancelled until next weekend. That pass gets like 6 foot compression waves when the tide is going out against the wind...sux.

Old Hitler lucked out - can live another week. <we were a little skeered too>

We have some pucker-factor inlets like that over on the east coast....... I’ll be the first to admit it’s scary to come in near the end of the outgoing tide with 4 - 6’ standing waves stacked up what seems like 10 feet away.....yuck! Many a boat has been dumped.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boca Grande is a pretty big pass. So, they don't stack up in one area like that but it just gets really wavy. Add to that there's always about 30 other boats nearby and shit gets pretty hairy.

When the wifey is done makin' babies, I'm gonna have her fish this "ladies day" tarpon tourney up there. It looks pretty easy to win with an only avg. fish.

themush

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Man....wtf? lol

You're right though the pass is massive. When I see that water whirpooling I know I'm in paradise.

Juice, you probably know but if not hit Jugg Creek on a windy day down there. Hit the mangrove shadows and hold on. There are mogan trout and snook back in there. Or you could hit up Bull Bay.

If you don't know where I'm talking about hit me up PM style. I'll put you on some good spots. Just leave some of the Redfish for me.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just had to Google that - realized I've fished in there several times and didn't even know that's what it's called! Love the Tarpon Inn and all that rustic stuff around there. I got engaged on Useppa Island -- really like just staying half-drunk and messin' round those parts on the boat.

I live right by the bridge to Sanibel and have two snook lights on my dock. So, when I wanna eat it, the night before I just catch one under the light. When they don't bite, I shoot them with my speargun....because I often ride hard n' dirty like that.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Juice, whatever happened to the legend of Old Hitler the hammerhead shark?

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He slipped out under the alias of Harbor master. He's in the Bahamas now.

SwampHumpy

Touching my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He slipped out under the alias of Harbor master. He's in the Bahamas now.

You saw that show last night too. That was a good one. The boat that was going out from Florida was coming out of my inlet, at Jupiter Inlet. I’ve seen 12 footers out there on numerous occasions but never anything as big as 20’. That would be shit-scarry even if you were in a boat.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Boca, I go there whenever I'm visiting the family in Port Charlotte. I'm generally a dock or seawall guy. I'm like kyrptonite to boats. I step on and they break down. Managed to get a nice 4 foot sawfish right at the mouth of the Peace River last week off the dock in my avatar. Same damn Bull shark broke my line 3 times. I had to stop using my lighter gear and use only the heavier pole. Heading down in October when the redfish start goign through the area. Can't wait

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just had to Google that - realized I've fished in there several times and didn't even know that's what it's called! Love the Tarpon Inn and all that rustic stuff around there. I got engaged on Useppa Island -- really like just staying half-drunk and messin' round those parts on the boat.

I live right by the bridge to Sanibel and have two snook lights on my dock. So, when I wanna eat it, the night before I just catch one under the light. When they don't bite, I shoot them with my speargun....because I often ride hard n' dirty like that.

I love snook. It's hard to see in my avatar but there's a bridge across the bay/river (I 75) and under ti is a great snook spot.