• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Imma gonna catch Old Hitler on Sunday - ain't skeered neither

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You saw that show last night too. That was a good one. The boat that was going out from Florida was coming out of my inlet, at Jupiter Inlet. I’ve seen 12 footers out there on numerous occasions but never anything as big as 20’. That would be shit-scarry even if you were in a boat.

Oh yea, that was a big ass hammerhead.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I see that show about trying to catch Ol Hitler is on Discovery right now. Not a word locally about somebody hooking him lately.

I'll git him one fine day. Arrrrrrgh....

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I see that show about trying to catch Ol Hitler is on Discovery right now. Not a word locally about somebody hooking him lately.

I'll git him one fine day. Arrrrrrgh....

Get a "GoPro" and video the whole thing Juice. Hell the mission alone would yield many "hits" I'm sure.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10455250_563583093750127_1780667922108003567_n.jpg

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll tell ya the dilemma, Wallace. Sharks in there get sooo big because they eat really well...all those big tarpon that are hooked. So, the really massive monsters don't seem to bite on a chunk of bloody bait because they're not that hungry. They have to be really stimulated by a fish in distress to make a hit.

Therefore, you have to have a big fish on your hook, alive, to get the beast to take the bait! About the only live, big thing you can use for bait legally is a stingray. But the minute you send a stingray down, everything hits it...Jewfish, small sharks...everything likes eats rays.

You'd almost have to hang around tarpon fisherman all day with a freakin' harpoon ready for Ol Hitler.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll tell ya the dilemma, Wallace. Sharks in there get sooo big because they eat really well...all those big tarpon that are hooked. So, the really massive monsters don't seem to bite on a chunk of bloody bait because they're not that hungry. They have to be really stimulated by a fish in distress to make a hit.

Therefore, you have to have a big fish on your hook, alive, to get the beast to take the bait! About the only live, big thing you can use for bait legally is a stingray. But the minute you send a stingray down, everything hits it...Jewfish, small sharks...everything likes eats rays.

You'd almost have to hang around tarpon fisherman all day with a freakin' harpoon ready for Ol Hitler.

You sure you wanna harpoon something that size? Probably just piss him off

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Quite the dilemma ya have there Juice. Catch a tarpon and keep it on the line in the water for an hour or so. Guess ol' Hilter aint been caught for a reason down there. The time on the water looking sounds as good as the actual kill anyways.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ Well, usually the shark just bites the tarpon off behind the head and leaves you with only that. Those big bastards have been doing their thing for many decades and know what to do. You'd have to put a big shark hook in that tarpon's back to hook the shark - and the wildlife cop would be waiting with a $5k fine for you.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ Well, usually the shark just bites the tarpon off behind the head and leaves you with only that. Those big bastards have been doing their thing for many decades and know what to do. You'd have to put a big shark hook in that tarpon's back to hook the shark - and the wildlife cop would be waiting with a $5k fine for you.

No stinger hooks in your bait? Oh wait ... nevermind, TARPON. I got it.