• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ime Udoka was getting sex during his run to the finals

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,216.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is more to this than meets the eye.....according to SAS.

He said it's all going to come out but he's not at liberty to say.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who the fuck cares who consenting adults fuck? Damn Deej what kind of incel prude church lady shit is this?

I'm sure none of the players were laying pipe in the local whore parades.
No kidding. It's all about perspective. If the female in question was a tranny, the western press would consider Ime Udoka a groundbreaking hero.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fwiw, in a lot of work environments, it wouldn't/shouldn't be a big deal. I'm not talking places that are lax in modern standards either. In many places, you can have consensual relationships with a co-worker, including one where the power dynamic may be a factor. BUT there's protocol. Both parties are suppose to inform HR of the relationship. The company then can protect itself legally and will often shift staffers around if there's power dynamics involved (like say a team leader started dating someone under them, they'd shift one person to a different sector). That may be why some people don't see it as a big deal, especially when the just see "consensual" in the headlines.

But its also pretty obvious for multiple reasons that Udoka didn't follow any HR guidelines
While what you're saying is technically true... I don't believe this is the reason that many people in a thread like this don't think such a relationship is a big deal.

Seems pretty clear that many people are voicing out because sex between adults shouldn't ever be penalized (even in a business environment) and/or they believe the Celtics are oddly trying to impose some puritan-style moral code.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, Udoka not only carried on a sexual relationship with someone else inside the organization... apparently:
  • he failed to disclose it
  • perhaps lied about it?
  • this relationship led directly to complaints of sexual harassment
Damn. Ime screwed this up huge... 150% his fault.

Unfortunately, fuck him. I doubt he ever rejoins the Celtics sideline.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There has to be much much more to this story then is being reported. Yes a GM was fired for something like this but a coach like Udoka in the NBA usually gets things "like this" swept under the rug so it has to be something much larger

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Athletic’s Sham Charania added some new and important context with a report published Thursday night.

“Some members of the Celtics organization first became aware of the relationship in July,” Sharnia wrote, citing sources. “At that time, team leadership was led to believe by both parties that the relationship was consensual. But sources said that the woman recently accused Udoka of making unwanted comments toward her — leading the team to launch a set of internal interviews.”

Assuming that’s true, it does help explain some major parts of the story if still lacking in actual details. A season-long suspension for a consensual relationship, even if it broke organization rules, was somewhat unprecedented. But if Udoka was harassing the woman or making “unwanted comments,” that obviously takes things to a different level. Furthermore, this development also helps explain why the Celtics felt the need to suspend their head coach who led them to the NBA Finals a year ago one week before training camp.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While what you're saying is technically true... I don't believe this is the reason that many people in a thread like this don't think such a relationship is a big deal.

Seems pretty clear that many people are voicing out because sex between adults shouldn't ever be penalized (even in a business environment) and/or they believe the Celtics are oddly trying to impose some puritan-style moral code.

It should only be penalized by an employer

If that was the only risk it wouldn’t as…puritan as msk called it.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Athletic’s Sham Charania added some new and important context with a report published Thursday night.

“Some members of the Celtics organization first became aware of the relationship in July,” Sharnia wrote, citing sources. “At that time, team leadership was led to believe by both parties that the relationship was consensual. But sources said that the woman recently accused Udoka of making unwanted comments toward her — leading the team to launch a set of internal interviews.”

Assuming that’s true, it does help explain some major parts of the story if still lacking in actual details. A season-long suspension for a consensual relationship, even if it broke organization rules, was somewhat unprecedented. But if Udoka was harassing the woman or making “unwanted comments,” that obviously takes things to a different level. Furthermore, this development also helps explain why the Celtics felt the need to suspend their head coach who led them to the NBA Finals a year ago one week before training camp.

So it was consensual in July but now?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

She changed her mind? :noidea:

Something is really not being told and honestly I doubt we will ever know the real reason

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She changed her mind? :noidea:

Something is really not being told and honestly I doubt we will ever know the real reason

Or maybe he wanted more than an affair?

Or she’s not into a kink?

This is very weird

And you cannot change your mind in the future about things that already happened. That is not how it works

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the way these things often go.

Up's and down's. Drama. "He said, she said". Etc.

It's little wonder that businesses discourage such... and have stiff penalties when folks skirt the rules.

Unfortunately, "consensual" can take a 180 degree turn towards "harassment" (or whatever)... and it can happen in the blink of an eye.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or maybe he wanted more than an affair?

Or she’s not into a kink?

This is very weird

And you cannot change your mind in the future about things that already happened. That is not how it works

like I said, we will never know the story.. She could "change" her mind now and say, "it wasn't consensual" it's happened before (both sides have done it)

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's little wonder that businesses discourage such... and have stiff penalties when folks skirt the rules.

Unfortunately, "consensual" can take a 180 degree turn towards "harassment" (or whatever)... and it can happen in the blink of an eye.

I'm fine with private companies having these types of concepts as it can affect business, business decisions, promotions, etc. That all makes sense.

But if they already had a relationship, she called it off and then it became an issue, a year seems kind of stiff. Since the celtics didnt' seem to find it as a major issue when they found out in july.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And both sides word should be considered if it's just "he said, she said"

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And both sides word should be considered if it's just "he said, she said"
I bet there is something in writing she saved like text messages or the like. Or there were witnesses that overheard and substantiated what was said.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There has to be much much more to this story then is being reported. Yes a GM was fired for something like this but a coach like Udoka in the NBA usually gets things "like this" swept under the rug so it has to be something much larger

I wouldnt be surprised there is more to the story. I think there are a ton of fraternization that goes on everywhere I think there are other reasons why this story is coming up. If it comes out that he was giving her some special favors I think that changes the dynamics of this story.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It could also be that, in July, her job wasn't at stake and now it is.