• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ime Udoka was getting sex during his run to the finals

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,391.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they wanted to fire him they would have. This ends 1 of 3 ways: He gets his job back next season, he resigns or the new coach leads them to a title and they have to get rid of him.

He most likely will resign.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm kinda with Stephen A

For one, hes right theres absolutely no chance this shit hasnt happened many other times unnoticed.

A most importantly a full year suspension is complete horseshit. You wanna take some moral company code? Fucking go for it and fire his ass you cowards.

Theres no way in shit this dude is gonna stick around anyways now.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not a good month for the green

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, which has its own questionable aspects.

It’s still two consenting adults. Just more unnecessary overreach by govt into private companies
Government??? Where the fuck is the government getting involved?

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For them to suspend him for the entire year, which in my opinion is just a prelude to his firing, there must be something more to it than just fucking a secretary.
Yeah there's gotta be some juicy details like maybe it was someone's wife in the organization?

But if they were gonna fire him they would have. If he was a bad coach or someone they were itching to fire anyway, he'd be fired. He's still there because he's a good coach who just got them to the finals his first year.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone in the organziation clearly snitched on him and that's not cool

I still don't see how it's just him sleeping with one staffer

If he slept with multiple...eh maybe. But this feels excessive.

I feel we don't know something.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It doesn't make sense to suspend him for a year if they had complaints from the woman that it might not be consensual. That's easy grounds for firing. And it'd be totally stupid for them to suspend him for a year know this happened because it was always gonna leak out that there's more to the story. So either there's still pieces missing or the Celtics brain trust is really dumb

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't make sense to suspend him for a year if they had complaints from the woman that it might not be consensual. That's easy grounds for firing. And it'd be totally stupid for them to suspend him for a year know this happened because it was always gonna leak out that there's more to the story. So either there's still pieces missing or the Celtics brain trust is really dumb

They haven't said they aren't firing him. That remains a possibility.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The amount of people wondering why this is a big deal is a little surprising to me.

It's the year 2022, old dudes.

And we're talking a big business, which is squarely in the public spotlight, with a lot to lose.

Fwiw, in a lot of work environments, it wouldn't/shouldn't be a big deal. I'm not talking places that are lax in modern standards either. In many places, you can have consensual relationships with a co-worker, including one where the power dynamic may be a factor. BUT there's protocol. Both parties are suppose to inform HR of the relationship. The company then can protect itself legally and will often shift staffers around if there's power dynamics involved (like say a team leader started dating someone under them, they'd shift one person to a different sector). That may be why some people don't see it as a big deal, especially when the just see "consensual" in the headlines.

But its also pretty obvious for multiple reasons that Udoka didn't follow any HR guidelines

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They haven't said they aren't firing him. That remains a possibility.

I know that. I'm saying if there's reports from the woman that she said it wasn't consensual, then you HAVE TO fire him. That's an easy decision to make. But instead, they just announced a suspension. So why? Is The Athletic's report not true? Is it true and the Celtics just didn't think that part would get out? If its the latter, they are really really dumb.