• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I'm back and wtf?

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit I miss everyone. What the fuck happened while I was gone? Luke Schenn a Flyer? How was the draft boys? Had a blast up North. The tournament was actually outside of Ann Arbor. Shitty stadium btw for you UM fans. Can't wait to hear back. Took 4th place and banged up pretty good. Welts all over my body.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit I miss everyone. What the fuck happened while I was gone? Luke Schenn a Flyer? How was the draft boys? Had a blast up North. The tournament was actually outside of Ann Arbor. Shitty stadium btw for you UM fans. Can't wait to hear back. Took 4th place and banged up pretty good. Welts all over my body.

welcome back Mall i told you to stay low man anyway 4th place pretty good. We had an OK draft in which we are going to have to wait to see what happens and yes you know i'm happy about Schenn coming

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mal, I could have told you the "big house" was really just an out house....

Glad to see your back and intact (more or less).

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mal, I could have told you the "big house" was really just an out house....

Glad to see your back and intact (more or less).

What's up wbon. Looks like I missed a bunch over the weekend. Just playing catchup now. Who's on our radar now? I'm hearing Ryan, Parise, Gaustad? I like any of these. Shultz's name is coming up as well. What scares me is that the Pens are reloading again. Good draft and now can go after both Suter and Parise. That scares me!

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suter AND Parise?? No way they can afford both.......could they??

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i really believe they will sign carle and the defence will be finished at that point. jagrand another $3-4 million wing. the only way we get parise is if he decide he really want to play with "G". I could ee a run at chultz only becaue that he will get $.925. I think he values himself a little higher than most.

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suter AND Parise?? No way they can afford both.......could they??

not too far fetched-check below

..NEW YORK (AP) -- The NHL salary cap is going up, allowing teams to spend about $6 million more on players this season.

Before opening labor talks, the league and the NHL Players' Association announced the cap has been set at $70.2 million. That's a significant jump from last year's cap of $64.3 million, and continues the trend of increases since the cap system was established in 2005.

The minimum teams can spend on payroll is also rising, going up from $48 million to $54.2 million.

The announcement comes as the league prepares to open its free-agency period Sunday.

It's unclear what effect labor talks will have on the salary cap. The two sides are opening talks this week in a bid to reach a new deal before the current CBA expires Sept. 15.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry for being unclear boys, but I was referring to Malls assertion that the Pens could afford both players, not us.

i dont think either of them will sign w/ the pens.. i think suter is going to detroit and i dont think parise wants to play in pittsburgh

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont think either of them will sign w/ the pens.. i think suter is going to detroit and i dont think parise wants to play in pittsburgh

Agreed Awaz he's already ruled out the rags so why play for the pens or Flyers? Doesn't make sense....

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed Awaz he's already ruled out the rags so why play for the pens or Flyers? Doesn't make sense....

Chiardi seems to think that Pens GM Shero can sway Suter into playing in Pitt. Shero was the former Asst GM under Poile at one point. At the very least, he will trade for Suter's rights. Now on the Parise thing, things could get very interesting here, Brodeur may end up testing the FA market. The Devs are trying to lockup Parise long term, not sure it's going to happen. Here is where I get nervous, Pitt has plenty of money to spend to get both guys. They are going to unload Paul Martin which gives them additional $5 million to spend on FA. Sid gave the Pens a great deal by signing for 12 years. Anyway, Sid and Parise's family are very close. Don't be surprised if at least one of them signs with Pitt.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chiardi seems to think that Pens GM Shero can sway Suter into playing in Pitt. Shero was the former Asst GM under Poile at one point. At the very least, he will trade for Suter's rights. Now on the Parise thing, things could get very interesting here, Brodeur may end up testing the FA market. The Devs are trying to lockup Parise long term, not sure it's going to happen. Here is where I get nervous, Pitt has plenty of money to spend to get both guys. They are going to unload Paul Martin which gives them additional $5 million to spend on FA. Sid gave the Pens a great deal by signing for 12 years. Anyway, Sid and Parise's family are very close. Don't be surprised if at least one of them signs with Pitt.

only way they unload martin's contract is if someone wants to take him, which isn't very likely.. although there are a bunch of teams that need to get to the cap floor

parise doesn't want to play against the devils, and especially not for a rival.. if he doesn't sign in jersey, he goes out west.. i'll almost guarantee it.

suter has said he doesn't want to play in a big market like NY or Philly, Pitt is just as big a market that will bring the same sorts of pressures.. i dont think he goes to pitt either.. plus i think detroit is going to pay suter whatever he wants for however long he wants.. they NEED him.. they need like 4 dmen.. i think they only have 3 signed for next year

broduer will end up back in jersey i think