• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I'll even give the Lakers credit

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know we already have a thread for this, but as a previously-known Lakers hater I want to make it known that I don't hold a specific agenda against this team. I'm here to give them their props.

As second-year point guards, Russell has thoroughly outplayed Mudiay to this point, who still needs to control his turnovers. Randle is starting to live up to his potential after that horrible injury in his first NBA game a couple years ago, and Nick Young is actually conducting himself like he's 31.

I don't know how much longer this will continue, but so far so good for Luke Walton's first full-time head coaching job. :suds:

Wouldn't surprise me if they won 35-40 games...

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call Jim Buss up tomorrow - He will thank you for that round warm of support

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way - there is a thread about this already

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there's a big difference in that Luke Walton is more in tune with this generation, whereas Scott was way to old school. And yes, he was bad at coaching as well...I won't lie about that one.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least I have the common sense to recognize there is already a thread about the Lakers and Luke Walton. We don't need two threads:L

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah.....

Last Season, the " trade Russell " chants were deafening.

This year, you can hear a rat piss on cotton.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know we already have a thread for this, but as a previously-known Lakers hater I want to make it known that I don't hold a specific agenda against this team. I'm here to give them their props.

As second-year point guards, Russell has thoroughly outplayed Mudiay to this point, who still needs to control his turnovers. Randle is starting to live up to his potential after that horrible injury in his first NBA game a couple years ago, and Nick Young is actually conducting himself like he's 31.

I don't know how much longer this will continue, but so far so good for Luke Walton's first full-time head coaching job. :suds:

Who the fuck are you and what have you done with Cane? :suspicious:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In all seriousness. Good post. Considering how things looked even as late as last year, it's been a complete 180.

The Lakers put themselves in a tough spot when they went all in on Dwight and Nash. It was the ultimate high risk/high reward situation. They knew that if it worked, they could send Kobe out in style with another title or 2 and would have a star in Dwight to be the face of the franchise going forward.

They also knew that if it didn't, they were going to be in trouble trying to re-build. Unfortunately for them, it blew up in their collective faces. Fortunately, they have somehow managed to -put together a talented young roster and seem to have made good choices as far as vets to help mentor the young guys (even if they spent a bit more that most would have liked).

Choosing Luke as HC was obviously a great move. I don't think Byron is that bad as far as X's and O's, but it doesn't matter how good you are at those things if you can't communicate with and gain the trust of your players.

This team isn't making the playoffs this year, but they will likely have a say in who does. I seriously doubt they win 40 games. But I think they are having fun and showing the league that they will be a team to be reckoned with in the relatively near future.

As much as I want to see them keep winning, imo, the next big test they have to pass is how they handle the inevitable 3-5 game losing streak.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least I have the common sense to recognize there is already a thread about the Lakers and Luke Walton. We don't need two threads:L

How about you just either post something worthwhile or stay the fuck out of the thread? If this thread was an issue, I'd have deleted it or moved it to fouled out already.

You cry to me about being tagged and trolled in other threads by Cane, etc. and then come into this thread looking to pick a fight.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this team has surprised a lot of people.

40 wins is pushing it, but plausible. 30-35 is more realistic and a hell of an improvement from last year.

Kenny

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playoffs or bust!

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this team has surprised a lot of people.

40 wins is pushing it, but plausible. 30-35 is more realistic and a hell of an improvement from last year.

Heck, just the way they are sharing the ball and seem to be having fun is a hell of an improvement from last year.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I give a ton of credit to walton. He looks like he is the real deal as an HC. Another team we should give credi to is the Nets. They are shocking some people.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heck, just the way they are sharing the ball and seem to be having fun is a hell of an improvement from last year.

any coach that can get Nick effin Young to take defense seriously is COY material to me...

hell, make Luke president. if Trump can do it, ANYONE can...:dhd:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

it helps that they have cleaned house and have a lot more likable people around.....walton, randle, ingram, etc......

byron scott just had no clue what he was doing and was obviously holding them back to a certain extent. It almost seems like once kobe left everyone took it upon themselves to grow up a little bit rather than relying on him to be a leader- a lot more personal accountability.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want to know, what did the Lakers do to the people that made the schedule? My God, our next 5 games are the Spurs, Bulls, OKC, and the Warriors back to back.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want to know, what did the Lakers do to the people that made the schedule? My God, our next 5 games are the Spurs, Bulls, OKC, and the Warriors back to back.

As I said in post #9 "their next test to pass is how they handle the inevitable 3-5 game losing streak." :lol:

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Are you kidding? Those Warriors games are easy wins for you guys. Cupcake city!