• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I'll even give the Lakers credit

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not entirely about the coaching although I think more than 50 percent of it is. The Lakers upgraded the veterans and the rookies have improved due last years learning curve. Thats the fun part of drafting young talent. With Byron Scott I think 30 games would be the expectation but Luke 's flat out teach players and coach. In addition Kobe Bryant impeded the team development last year. it's a mix beginning and ending with better coaching though

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're certainly a surprise in the early part of the season, let's see if they keep it up.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not entirely about the coaching although I think more than 50 percent of it is. The Lakers upgraded the veterans and the rookies have improved due last years learning curve. Thats the fun part of drafting young talent. With Byron Scott I think 30 games would be the expectation but Luke 's flat out teach players and coach. In addition Kobe Bryant impeded the team development last year. it's a mix beginning and ending with better coaching though

I think Kobe brought his own flavor to the product you see on the floor today. These guys look hungry; very hungry. I think Kobe instilled that competitive "kill-or-be-killed" type of attitude into them. He most likely went for their throats at every practice but do you honestly want Kobe to play nice with the future of the franchise? I had a conversation about this the other day with my brother. I think it would be pretty damn hard for anyone to say that Kobe didn't affect these guys in some positive way. When I see the Lakers pull out a gritty win in the 4th quarter, it's hard not to feel that at least a little bit.

Kobe's kind of like Trump, he brings everyone together through hatred.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Kobe brought his own flavor to the product you see on the floor today. These guys look hungry; very hungry. I think Kobe instilled that competitive "kill-or-be-killed" type of attitude into them. He most likely went for their throats at every practice but do you honestly want Kobe to play nice with the future of the franchise? I had a conversation about this the other day with my brother. I think it would be pretty damn hard for anyone to say that Kobe didn't affect these guys in some positive way. When I see the Lakers pull out a gritty win in the 4th quarter, it's hard not to feel that at least a little bit.

I have no quarrel with anything that Kobe did and no argument with what you said her. Note that I didn't say opinion because i think you stated the facts. I was merely pointing out that Kobe was done as a player and the new team was in a translation. I think it would have been nice for Kobe to have become a coach but we ended with a a good coaching staff now so no complaints of any kind.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,318.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah.....

Last Season, the " trade Russell " chants were deafening.

This year, you can hear a rat piss on cotton.

I'd still trade him for Cousins....I'd even throw in Mozgov so they can have a serviceable center.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd still trade him for Cousins....I'd even throw in Mozgov so they can have a serviceable center.

You think that's a fair trade for Cousins?

Lmfao...

He's a headache. But, a uber-talented one.

There is zero chance they would want Mosgov on that contract.

They have Cauley-Stein and Koufos...not to mention the Center they drafted this Summer.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lmfao...

They have Cauley-Stein and Koufos...not to mention the Center they drafted this Summer.

I wouldn't trade Russell for Cousins anyway. Russell is going to be a damn good player in a year or two.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't trade Russell for Cousins anyway. Russell is going to be a damn good player in a year or two.

He's pretty good now.

But, I agree.

Boogie is just way to much drama.

Let's see how many times he slaps the shit out of Blake tonight before he gets ejected.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,318.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lmfao...

Forgot about all those C's they had.

:scratch:

Russell, a 2nd round pick, and a bunch of basketballs.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forgot about all those C's they had.

:scratch:

Russell, a 2nd round pick, and a bunch of basketballs.

I only remember because Boogie sent out the praying hands emoji after the draft...lol

It would be fun to see them play Philly with 5 Centers on the floor for both teams.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,318.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I only remember because Boogie sent out the praying hands emoji after the draft...lol

Early happy Turkey Day to you. Gonna go to my sister's Thursday, leaving there around 8pm......I'll stop by and get some goodies :heh: before I head up to see my GF in Victorvile.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Early happy Turkey Day to you. Gonna go to my sister's Thursday, leaving there around 8pm......I'll stop by and get some goodies :heh: before I head up to see my GF in Victorvile.

Same to you, My Friend.

Kenny

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That #MambaMentality

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cousins is a basket case waiting for the opportunity to do what Ron Artest did - We don't need that and we have good chemistry in Los Angeles. They don't in Cow Town, er I mean Sacramento

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
me either. go on and keep Boogie, Sactown...
The NBA has went with the smaller line ups and running like hell, so I think that a really good point guard is going to be far more valuable than a really good center and Cousins is a really good center, but the Lakers haven't had a great pg since Magic Johnson - I'd like to see them keep what they have and see what happens

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To be fair, the Lakers kind of HAD to do what they did with Kobe. Once the Dwightmare/Nash deal blew up on them, they knew they were in for a tough road. Honoring Kobe with both the contract they gave him and his farewell tour put butts in seats while they drafted talented kids.

The Lakers caught a lot of shade over the contract they gave Kobe and doing the farewell tour thing. However, looking back at it now and considering where they were when everything fell apart, they actually handled it about as close to perfect as they could from both a business and basketball perspective.