• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ike Diogu back in the league

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a sure sign that Isiah is back in charge in NYK

First they signed J. Tyler to a two year guaranteed deal, and now Ike gets a shot, (i'm guessing is a non guaranteed deal?)

I'm counting down the days until Allan Houston gets a 10 day deal and then extended to a larger deal for no reason.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always thought the guy had potential, but never had a coach that was willing to develop him. We had some stubborn coaches here in Indiana during that era.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always thought the guy had potential, but never had a coach that was willing to develop him. We had some stubborn coaches here in Indiana during that era.

That could be partially true, but if you listen to Chuck Barkley talk, he will tell you "all players" in the league had skill and could play, what separates the average to good players, and good players to great players are those who had the work ethic.

Ike was probably used to be using the best player on his AAU team to College team, but in the NBA there are players just as talented as him, who just worked harder.

I hope he does well this time, always seemed like a nice guy.

_so_money_

Dubmaster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still remember when he had that breakout 27 point game in Detroit going up against the Ben & Rasheed Wallace. He had some other nice games later in that year too, then it just all fell apart after that. Kind of a shame. I think Ike probably didn't have amazing talent, but I also think to some extent he was a victim of the Don Nelson spirit-crushing doghouse like many others. Nelson took over before Diogu's sophomore year and he was never the same afterwards. He never got a chance to play under Nelson and was just used as a trade chip in the SJax-Harrington deal. Hope he does well.

rayhl111

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was wrong about Ike too. I thought he had game and could at least be Brandon Bass.