• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Iggy to the Penguins - Ray Shero is GOD (GOD just got fired) Upd: Now rehired

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so no points for iggy in the first game.

what a fucking bust of a trade for pittsburgh

#amIdoingthisright

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so no points for iggy in the first game.

what a fucking bust of a trade for pittsburgh

#amIdoingthisright

The Pens only wanted him to satisfy the Rooney Rule.

Yes, I know that's Football, and has nothing to do with the players.

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After watching slowmo replay of the Kunits hit, two things:

- Kunitz hits with shoulder, there is no "push" - the latter usually guarantees a suspension, so this is a little better
- Kunitz does hit the numbers, I thought initially it was more shoulder to shoulder
- Where is Bailey going? The puck is going to the left, and yet Bailey turns towards the right, which is why he gets hit in the back

I think the last part will save Kunitz, at least from a long suspension. The NHL has repeatedly said that you have to take responsibility for your own safety too. If Bailey is following the puck, both him and Kunitz should be going to the left, and it's shoulder to shoulder. Maybe Bailey didn't think he could get there and planned on turning behind the net.

I'm not blaming Bailey, I don't think he'd intentionally put himself in a dangerous spot like that. But I think it takes the blame off Kunitz at least somewhat. If you're expecting to battle with a guy into the boards and he changes direction at the last moment, it puts you in a tough spot.

We'll see. Kunitz has a (deserved) history but this didn't look malicious and it would be nice to see him continue the stellar season he's had without interruption.

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pens only wanted him to satisfy the Rooney Rule.

Yes, I know that's Football, and has nothing to do with the players.

Or did Shero just get him so that Boston couldn't? :shocked:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After watching slowmo replay of the Kunits hit, two things:

- Kunitz hits with shoulder, there is no "push" - the latter usually guarantees a suspension, so this is a little better
- Kunitz does hit the numbers, I thought initially it was more shoulder to shoulder
- Where is Bailey going? The puck is going to the left, and yet Bailey turns towards the right, which is why he gets hit in the back

I think the last part will save Kunitz, at least from a long suspension. The NHL has repeatedly said that you have to take responsibility for your own safety too. If Bailey is following the puck, both him and Kunitz should be going to the left, and it's shoulder to shoulder. Maybe Bailey didn't think he could get there and planned on turning behind the net.

I'm not blaming Bailey, I don't think he'd intentionally put himself in a dangerous spot like that. But I think it takes the blame off Kunitz at least somewhat. If you're expecting to battle with a guy into the boards and he changes direction at the last moment, it puts you in a tough spot.

We'll see. Kunitz has a (deserved) history but this didn't look malicious and it would be nice to see him continue the stellar season he's had without interruption.

I didn't think of your third point, and it is a good one. I still think he'll get a couple games, but I do agree it wasn't intentional, and it looked to me even in real time that he was just trying to engage contact to get an edge going into the corner, expecting Bailey to follow him there. Bailey didn't, and it ended badly. But it was still a reckless play with a bad end result from a player with a bad reputation, so I do expect (and believe it to be warranted) a couple game suspension.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw what you almost did there. :)

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so no points for iggy in the first game and he didn't even tear an ACL or MCL.

what a fucking bust of a trade for pittsburgh and Boston

#amIdoingthisright

FTFY

:ss:

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was trying to think of a nice way of saying that Jarome picked Pittsburgh because Boston is extremely racist.

:behindsofa:

Nah, not anymore. We even have a bla.......ummmmm.....African American governor now. Hell the way they dole out welfare here it's the BEST place to be.........African American

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, not anymore. We even have a bla.......ummmmm.....African American governor now. Hell the way they dole out welfare here it's the BEST place to be.........African American

wow

beantownmaniac

Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For cryin out loud I was joking. Or have we gotten politically correct on these boards now? Or jokes about people of color off limits but it's ok to joke about the area I live in? Starting to think there are hypocrites here.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For cryin out loud I was joking. Or have we gotten politically correct on these boards now? Or jokes about people of color off limits but it's ok to joke about the area I live in? Starting to think there are hypocrites here.

What do you mean "You People?"

Oh...wait, you never said that.

Um...so yeah.....carry on. :whistle:

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do they play this when he scores?

Because that would be awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:

beantownmaniac

Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And for the record I don't dislike the governor because he's a person of color, I dislike him because he's an asshole who keeps raising taxes again and again. Mass politicians are allowed to deduct mileage to and from the statehouse for every day of the year EVEN IF THEY DON'T GO THERE!! tHAT'S ALL 365 DAYS A YEAR INCLUDING VACATIONS AND HOLIDAYS!!! I don't get to do that and my hard earned taxes pay those assholes salaries. I also voted for Obama for his first term