• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If We?

Lineman16

Yep
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sold off Graham,and a few other peices, could we get a OL that could block? At least we would know if our 22M man is for real. Love the guy but we need to see. If not? I have been a bit nagitive on my posts but we need to figure this out....Coaching or personal...Whats the problem?

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sold off Graham,and a few other peices, could we get a OL that could block? At least we would know if our 22M man is for real. Love the guy but we need to see. If not? I have been a bit nagitive on my posts but we need to figure this out....Coaching or personal...Whats the problem?

$22M man? In total? Graham is like $10M a year. The move to get Graham was the biggest head scratcher of the offseason if we were going to keep our O the same. At this point, trade him, trade Kam, trade Lynch (possibly?) and let's start rebuilding this team.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
$22M man? In total? Graham is like $10M a year. The move to get Graham was the biggest head scratcher of the offseason if we were going to keep our O the same. At this point, trade him, trade Kam, trade Lynch (possibly?) and let's start rebuilding this team.

Don't you think trading players when their value is low isn't the best way to do business? Lynch may retire, about the only team I see him willing to go to is the cash poor Raiders, not sure that would be possible. Graham's value just sunk, but with a good OL he could be a great piece. Kam....well let's check his attitude next offseason, I'd much rather keep him if it's good.

No rebuild is in order, the Seahawks just have players having a down year, hopefully it turns around next year, OL is what needs to be addressed, the draft, trade and free agents can all be used to address it.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's talking about Russell. Put a real Oline in front of him to see if he is for real.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Graham is an elite player who is being completely mis used. We need new offensive coaches and a new OL and scheme. Our offense could be so much better.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Graham has to go. He's just not a good fit here. He has never been able to get much seperation, even in NO, check his YAC as evidence. He's at his best when he lined up inside, then split to the slot, and ran the seams. But that just doesn't fit the Hawks for several reasons. The Saints have always had good interior linemen, which gives the QB a pocket to step in to (a must if you're going to work the seams). And those interior linemen also provide contained blocking ability (the Hawks need extra blockers, see Zach Miller).

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember when Giac and Carp were allowed to leave? No one (including me) thought we need to do whatever it takes to keep them. Those 2 as FA's are almost worth what JG makes.
Don't we want better than Carp and Giac?
Graham will get traded away this offseason. Like Percy (without the bad brain), he is not a good fit. If we trade him or waive him, it comes as no expense to us cuz all of his guarantees have been accounted for.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's money that the team has available to gain without getting rid of Graham. With the way he's playing, there's $6.5 million parting ways with Lynch. Carey Williams would save $4 million to get rid of him. I don't see getting rid of Graham as a necessity. The ONLY positive to getting rid of Graham is that he has 0 dead money on the books, but the Seahawks have been using him more and more in the seam, and if not for a couple drops he has a monster game against Arizona. He's fitting in better and better as time goes on, so unless everyone is ready for Luke Willson to be getting those 63 targets....

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember at deadline day. THere was talk of Joey Thomas being traded.

Maybe Cleveland wants to do a Graham for Thomas?

Or Graham for a CB and OL

Graham for OL/CB and picks?

Just throwing these out there

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't see Graham as the problem, sans the Cardinal game, its all on Russ and the o-line, imo. Graham looks a little slow off the line and with the o-line giving Russ about 2 seconds before somebody's is in his face Graham just isn't open and he doesn't seem to be very productive when Russ breaks the pocket.

Lynch will retire and I agree with just letting Carey Williams go, use that money for o-line and depth, another offseason with Russ and Graham and I think we'll be fine.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't a head scratcher at all. It was a move that just about everyone thought was brilliant; give RW an elite weapon who is a mismatch against nearly everyone. Honestly, what the hell are you even talking about? Totally clueless, as in IFS.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't a head scratcher at all. It was a move that just about everyone thought was brilliant; give RW an elite weapon who is a mismatch against nearly everyone. Honestly, what the hell are you even talking about? Totally clueless, as in IFS.

If we were going to keep our O the same... I seem to remember saying that... If we were going to stay a run first offense with a HEAVY emphasis on a blocking TE then the move to get Graham was HIGHLY puzzling. What am I talking about? I'm talking about acquiring a receiving tight end and putting him in a run oriented, block heavy offense. What the hell are you talking about?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Seahawks felt the young guys could do the job on the OL and that a good receiving tight end would be a nice safety valve. Hasn't worked out that way yet and may not this year, but add some talent to the OL next off season and it could still turn out to be a good idea.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many people get to keep their jobs for 6 years as their work quality suffers? And im not talking about people working in an office, im talking jobs that require success. Cable has done nothing to improve the OL, nothing. Bevell is the other problem.

Its time to implode the offense and build it new from scratch, build it around our guys.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next year may be the perfect season for that? Chances are Lynch doesn't return. I'm not sold that Rawlins replaces what Lynch gave this team. The team will likely need to replace Irvin, Mebane, Okung and who knows what Bennett and Kam will do? I think they'll all get paid elsewhere? So it will be a tall order to revamp. Basically need to replace the entire O line and possibly a RB? Then there is the whole issue of wanting to upgrade at WR. D needs a CB and any LB/DT/DE holes created by players leaving.