• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: If we beat the cHeat without Myles Turner tonight...

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure that helped.

But again, there wasn't another franchise in the league that could have pulled it off.

It is a bit ironic that you are blasting them for clearing payroll in 2010, yet earlier you blasted them for trying to compete now. I guess they can't do anything right.

Tell me, how is your ex-coach Vogel doing in Orlando? He was the problem with the team a couple years ago, remember?

It told me everything I needed to know about how the Pacers organization is ran when they blamed all of their problems on Vogel. In the early part of his 2nd season, with a less than ideal roster; they're arguably the hottest team out the gates.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going 17-65 in a given season is not smart management. Try again.

Because there were other teams at the time (including the Cavs) that were working their butts off actually trying to win.

Actually, going 17-65 when you are clearing cap space to land 2 big time FA's (one of whom also happened to be the best player in the league) is very smart management.

The Heat got 4 straight finals appearances and 2 titles out of that season. What did the other teams "that were working their butts off actually trying to win" get for their efforts?

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, going 17-65 when you are clearing cap space to land 2 big time FA's (one of whom also happened to be the best player in the league) is very smart management.

The Heat got 4 straight finals appearances and 2 titles out of that season. What did the other teams "that were working their butts off actually trying to win" get for their efforts?
Great minds think alike (see #118), but some would rather build not buy.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going 17-65 in a given season is not smart management. Try again.

Because there were other teams at the time (including the Cavs) that were working their butts off actually trying to win.
Yeah, I'm sure the 1996 Spurs wish they would have won more than 20 games.

I mean, it's not like that Duncan guy ever made anything of himself.

I'd take the year of misery if it netted multiple titles.

The Heat played it to perfection by bottoming out to clear cap.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great minds think alike (see #118), but some would rather build not buy.

Saw that after I posted mine. I really need to start finishing reading. lol

In today's NBA, trying to build strictly through the draft, while admirable, is shortsighted, imo. At some point you need to be willing to spend the money to bring in a big time FA, or spend the assets to trade for a top player. Otherwise, you end up with a solid team that can't take the next step and end up losing their best players to FA or trade demands because they get frustrated.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's one horrific season for 4 finals appearances and 2 championships. I think that is great management.
Of course you could settle for indefinite mediocrity and early round playoff losses as your highlights.

You are being extremely hurtful and needlessly cruel.

51550920_81.jpg

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are being extremely hurtful and needlessly cruel.
Unfortunately, the Clippers have traditionally taken option #3: have horrible seasons and don't become a contender. :doh::scratch::L:eek:

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately, the Clippers have traditionally taken option #3: have horrible seasons and don't become a contender. :doh::scratch::L:eek:
Sad.

But, so....

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure that helped.

But again, there wasn't another franchise in the league that could have pulled it off.

It is a bit ironic that you are blasting them for clearing payroll in 2010, yet earlier you blasted them for trying to compete now. I guess they can't do anything right.

I'm all for teams not tanking and actually trying to win. But, committing a combined $250 million to five questionable role players in the names of James Johnson, Tyler Johnson, Dion Waiters, Kelly Olynyk, and Josh Richardson is flat-out suicide for any franchise. Riley has been so spoiled by the league over the years that he thinks he could just throw money at guys for them to pull wins out of their asses for him.

Tell me, how is your ex-coach Vogel doing in Orlando? He was the problem with the team a couple years ago, remember?

Yes, indeed he was. For those that actually even remotely follow Pacers basketball, our team finished top 20 in total offense one time in Vogel's six seasons with the Pacers. In other words, we finished in the bottom third in the NBA on the side of the ball during five of Vogel's six Pacers seasons. So yeah, when it comes to our offense being so predictable in crunch time situations over the years, I blame him.

I'll give Orlando credit, though. They looked like a nice pretender for awhile there in the early going of the season.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well gee I think you would know considering your Lakers won two titles during the era of the late 2000's decade.:bullshit:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well gee I think you would know considering your Lakers won two titles during the era of the late 2000's decade.:bullshit:

What do the Lakers have to do with the stupid post of yours that I responded to?