• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If we are being honest about it, DeVonta Smith is going to establish himself as the best WR in the league within the next 3 years.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait… your story this season is going to be that Riddick is a cap casualty? They quit on the player. He was well under the cap. In fact, they have more against the cap because he was traded. I criticized this move and still do. However, it’s not a cap thing. It’s the Eagles thinking the player is on the back end and not wanting to sign up for another 2-3 year commitment for a diminishing player. People will be able to judge them on whether or not they got the evaluation right but it has nothing to do with the cap. The Eagles still have a ton of cap space and likely aren’t done this off season either.
Of course Riddick is a cap casualty. You don’t think you would have kept your best pass rusher by far if not for what re-signing him would do to your cap? Careful with all that cap space unless you are accounting for the additional dead money for Kelce and Cox which I think I heard is around $26M(I might be wrong on that). They both likely retire post 6/1 to push it into next year but you are going to need to roll money to cover it.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jarnnt was talking lame shit before we signed Hargrave that we had no money couldn't sign anyone. Then we signed Hargrave because Howie is a genius and Jarnnt is clueless about the cap. Exactly as you re-educated Jarnnt on Gardner-Johnson. Rinse, repeat.
Why don’t you educate me on CJGJ. You can’t be referring to his asinine comment about not wanting to re-sign him when you not only absolutely did try to re-sign him but then brought him back anyway the next year when you had more cap space. seriously? you doubled down on that clueless comment?

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread should be moved to Eagle board man, so boring

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why don’t you educate me on CJGJ. You can’t be referring to his asinine comment about not wanting to re-sign him when you not only absolutely did try to re-sign him but then brought him back anyway the next year when you had more cap space. seriously? you doubled down on that clueless comment?
Same as Riddick. An extra talent that the Eagles were able to acquire because they masterfully manage the cap and their resources.

But you knew that already. I already taught you these lessons.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same as Riddick. An extra talent that the Eagles were able to acquire because they masterfully manage the cap and their resources.

But you knew that already. I already taught you these lessons.
Again, what does how they acquired him have to do with anything? Not to mention the lie they didn’t want to keep him. It was he or Slay because of the cap. slay was gone and then back after CJGJ chose to come back.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a market value signing, plain and simple for a 1B or 1.5 or whatever you want to call it. It pretty much sets the market for Aiyuk which is a very similar comp. Of course, simply starting a new thread addressing the extension and nothing else could have prevented this RTK nonsense from being rehashed ad nauseum. Having said that, I'll let you Eagles and Boys fans continue your fun. Lol. :suds:

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course Riddick is a cap casualty. You don’t think you would have kept your best pass rusher by far if not for what re-signing him would do to your cap? Careful with all that cap space unless you are accounting for the additional dead money for Kelce and Cox which I think I heard is around $26M(I might be wrong on that). They both likely retire post 6/1 to push it into next year but you are going to need to roll money to cover it.
There’s nothing you can say when someone is dug in to their agenda. You can’t say nobody took the time to show you.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d love to hear Jarntt explain how the alternatives to managing the cap, such as the pay as you go approach Dallas has taken, have worked better.

But as you can see he’s not going near that since his team appears cap strapped despite not signing anybody!

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d love to hear Jarntt explain how the alternatives to managing the cap, such as the pay as you go approach Dallas has taken, have worked better.

But as you can see he’s not going near that since his team appears cap strapped despite not signing anybody!
It’s evident that the Eagles made a decision to go with a younger player in Huff over Riddick. They should be judged on that decision after we see the two players in 2024 and beyond. To say he’s a cap casualty is just silliness. The only way that comment has value is in establishing that teams can’t spend and infinite amount of salary in a given year. The Eagles could have gotten Riddick under the cap long term if they decided they wanted to invest in a pass rusher they assessed as being on the back end and not worth the salary he will command.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s evident that the Eagles made a decision to go with a younger player in Huff over Riddick. They should be judged on that decision after we see the two players in 2024 and beyond. To say he’s a cap casualty is just silliness. The only way that comment has value is in establishing that teams can’t spend and infinite amount of salary in a given year. The Eagles could have gotten Riddick under the cap long term if they decided they wanted to invest in a pass rusher they assessed as being on the back end and not worth the salary he will command.
When we signed Riddick "we were over the cap" and "can't sign anyone." He was the best player in free agency.

Jarnnt is wrong on the way in and again wrong on the way out.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There’s nothing you can say when someone is dug in to their agenda. You can’t say nobody took the time to show you.
I and others educated him in 2016. Right before the Eagles won the Super Bowl and right in the middle of the Cowboys continuing absence from Super Bowls. He let it break him instead of learning.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thing is, they could have kept him for this season. He was still in the final year of his deal and they would have gotten comp picks letting him become a FA. They chose to trade him for less than those comp picks. Something was clearly up.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,171.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a market value signing, plain and simple for a 1B or 1.5 or whatever you want to call it. It pretty much sets the market for Aiyuk which is a very similar comp. Of course, simply starting a new thread addressing the extension and nothing else could have prevented this RTK nonsense from being rehashed ad nauseum. Having said that, I'll let you Eagles and Boys fans continue your fun. Lol. :suds:
Except.....Aiyuk is better.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. The Eagles didn’t have poor DT play. The Eagles issue wasn’t not paying players. It was poor evaluations made on the guys drafted and signed to replace them. The only FAs that left the Eagles after 2022 that had decent seasons were Seamalu who went to Pittsburgh and TJ Edwards in Chicago.
Gardner-Johnson was pretty damn good in the 3 games he played as well.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gardner-Johnson was pretty damn good in the 3 games he played as well.
Exactly. He was only around for 3 contests so I didn’t put him in the group.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. He was only around for 3 contests so I didn’t put him in the group.
That injury was a bummer. If he could have stopped running his mouth while hurt I am confident the Lions work harder to bring him back. The team was better when he played. Running your mouth while competing is no issue, he added backbone, running it from the sidelines was tiresome.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thing is, they could have kept him for this season. He was still in the final year of his deal and they would have gotten comp picks letting him become a FA. They chose to trade him for less than those comp picks. Something was clearly up.
Totally agree that was part of it. Their locker room seemed to be one of the worst in the NFL last year with all of the drama. I think they made a concerted effort to reverse that. That doesn't mean they let their best pass rusher go solely for that reason . If he were part of the problem he clearly wasn't the only one.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who is talking about Dallas? They could clear well over $30M this year if they wanted to. They chose not to for a reason I have no explanation for. You were the one who started the discussion not me. I answered you. You just didn't want to listen to the answer. Again go back to last year