• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If we are being honest about it, DeVonta Smith is going to establish himself as the best WR in the league within the next 3 years.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The key is Hurts continuing to play at a high level and AJ hurt for the season. Obviously I don't want to see anyone hurt so the chances of top 5 are very very slim to none.
nope, no way.

I see good and might someday see top 10 discussion, but that also seems unlikely to me.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The key is Hurts continuing to play at a high level and AJ hurt for the season. Obviously I don't want to see anyone hurt so the chances of top 5 are very very slim to none.

Why would AJ Brown have to be hurt for a season?

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My sense is that Smitty is going to be a very good #2 receiver in the NFL. And that's fine with me. He's a great player who I love watching because he runs great routes, has tremendous footwork, and makes acrobatic catches.

Could he become a top 10 receiver? Yea. I doubt he will though because he is a little too skinny, and because he plays for a team with AJ Brown.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nope, no way.

I see good and might someday see top 10 discussion, but that also seems unlikely to me.

What's gotten into you? Are you taking medication? This actually makes sense and is a level headed take!

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why can't he be the best on the Eagles?
Well, I mean - technically he "can" - but as long as other dude is healthy - his is, without a doubt, the best WR on that team.

If you polled every coach and GM in the NFL, including the Eagles - they'd all say the same thing. Smith is a really good #2 WR. Could he be a #1? Sure. So can Tee Higgins (and he's proven it with Chase being out) - but Chase is the #1 guy on that team, and Higgins is #2 as long as Chase is there.

Same thing in Philly. Doesn't mean Smith isn't good - he's just not the #1 guy.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I mean - technically he "can" - but as long as other dude is healthy - his is, without a doubt, the best WR on that team.

If you polled every coach and GM in the NFL, including the Eagles - they'd all say the same thing. Smith is a really good #2 WR. Could he be a #1? Sure. So can Tee Higgins (and he's proven it with Chase being out) - but Chase is the #1 guy on that team, and Higgins is #2 as long as Chase is there.

Same thing in Philly. Doesn't mean Smith isn't good - he's just not the #1 guy.

DeVonta is only getting better and better. There is no reason he can't surpass AJ Brown. He was the 10th overall pick in the draft, former Heisman that owns all the college receiving records. He isn't some low talent guy carving out a role as a #2 WR. He's an elite blue chip talent at WR who is only recently turned 24 years old.

He also just had a better season than Tee Higgins has ever had.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While it is true that Smitty could just emerge and supplant AJ over time, I doubt that happens. He gets fewer targets right now, and Hurts and AJ Brown are apparently best friends. Smitty would have a better shot of emerging as a #1 on another team IMO, but in Philly he'll have to settle for #2.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While it is true that Smitty could just emerge and supplant AJ over time, I doubt that happens. He gets fewer targets right now, and Hurts and AJ Brown are apparently best friends. Smitty would have a better shot of emerging as a #1 on another team IMO, but in Philly he'll have to settle for #2.
More receptions. And after being ten catches down after week one. 95 to 78 the rest of the way. And more last week in his first playoff action.

I'm as big an AJ Brown fan as anyone since his college days, but they're 1a and 1b for me. Smith has been impressive.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He got 12 less targets this past season.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the answer?
Since a dead whale has a higher football IQ then you I'll make this simple for ya. AJ Brown out elevates Smith to WR1. Even a fraud fan like yourself should be able to understand what a WR1 is.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since a dead whale has a higher football IQ then you I'll make this simple for ya. AJ Brown out elevates Smith to WR1. Even a fraud fan like yourself should be able to understand what a WR1 is.
I don’t think DeVonta Smith is there yet, but it’s possible for a team to essentially have two number 1 WRs on the same squad. It’s very rare though. One that immediately comes to mind would be Reggie Wayne when he evolved while Marvin Harrison played there.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DeVonta is only getting better and better. There is no reason he can't surpass AJ Brown. He was the 10th overall pick in the draft, former Heisman that owns all the college receiving records. He isn't some low talent guy carving out a role as a #2 WR. He's an elite blue chip talent at WR who is only recently turned 24 years old.

He would be the #2 receiver on every team in his division. That makes him good but not sniffing anywhere near top 3 in the league homer boy

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nothing is eternal. This isn't some low level player overachieving. It's well within the bounds of possibility that DeVonta Smith eventually surpasses AJ Brown. He is an elite blue chip talent drafted 10th overall in the draft.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He would be the #2 receiver on every team in his division. That makes him good but not sniffing anywhere near top 3 in the league homer boy

What? Who the hell is starting over him in New York? Also I certainly wouldn't Terry over him and it's debatable with Ceedee. Clearly the Cowboys offense took a step back with Ceedee assuming the #1 WR role.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Giants are trash at WR. You’re trying to say Slayton is a better WR than Devonta Smith? You’re even more retarded than I originally thought.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So, he's a #2 who had a better season than another #2...Well, sign me up for best WR in the NFL....

Clown show.