• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If we are being honest about it, DeVonta Smith is going to establish himself as the best WR in the league within the next 3 years.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only three receivers have ever caught more than 1100 passes in their entire career.

Only three receivers have ever caught 150 or more TDs.

Jerry is the only man to do both.

Was just fooling around. But Smith did have more catches and TDs than Rice in their rookie seasons. With just 11 less yards. And exceptional season for a rookie, especially since he plays for a team more focused on running the ball.
Smith had an "exceptional" season?? Really?

17 games, 64 catches or 3.76 per game on 104 targets for a 61.5% catch rate. 916 yards for 53.9 yards per game.

Those are just the basic numbers. He will probably drop a few spots from his current position of 44th in in the league in recepts, etc after the next game plays out.

An "exceptional" season? No.
A good season? A fine rookie season? A solid season? Sure!
He played well enough this season. But not well enough to think he is ever going to be a top 3 receiver in the NFL.

His catch % is telling. It is below average. His 61.5% catch rate shows how he struggles in tight coverage. If he has to fight for the ball or gets bumped by press coverage, then he struggles.

The Jerry Rice comparisons are ridiculous. You do realize Rice only started 4 games in his rookie year, don't you?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith had an "exceptional" season?? Really?

17 games, 64 catches or 3.76 per game on 104 targets for a 61.5% catch rate. 916 yards for 53.9 yards per game.

Those are just the basic numbers. He will probably drop a few spots from his current position of 44th in in the league in recepts, etc after the next game plays out.

An "exceptional" season? No.
A good season? A fine rookie season? A solid season? Sure!
He played well enough this season. But not well enough to think he is ever going to be a top 3 receiver in the NFL.

His catch % is telling. It is below average. His 61.5% catch rate shows how he struggles in tight coverage. If he has to fight for the ball or gets bumped by press coverage, then he struggles.

The Jerry Rice comparisons are ridiculous. You do realize Rice only started 4 games in his rookie year, don't you?
Basic?

I quit reading at that point.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure there guy.
Lol! I'll take it as a compliment coming from the guy who thinks Smith's season was "excellent"!
Waynes World Thumbs Up GIF

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There have been a lot of comments for a tribute thread for the 5th best pass catcher from this draft.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol! I'll take it as a compliment coming from the guy who thinks Smith's season was "excellent"!
Waynes World Thumbs Up GIF
It may have been "excellent" a few years ago - but then Justin Jefferson, Chase, and Waddle each broke NFL records for rookies....so...yeah. The bar was raised tremendously - and Smith simply did not reach that mark.

Good season for sure, but if we are sticking to the title of this thread - to be top 3 within the next 3 years - he's got a LOOOOOONNGGGG way to go.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There have been a lot of comments for a tribute thread for the 5th best pass catcher from this draft.
Sadly...shock value statements work.
BUT it's understandable, fandom desperado after their selection over Jefferson.
Heisman Trophy winner this time, what could go wrong?

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It may have been "excellent" a few years ago - but then Justin Jefferson, Chase, and Waddle each broke NFL records for rookies....so...yeah. The bar was raised tremendously - and Smith simply did not reach that mark.

Good season for sure, but if we are sticking to the title of this thread - to be top 3 within the next 3 years - he's got a LOOOOOONNGGGG way to go.
As I stated, I think he had a good season, a fine rookie campaign. I also didn't see any indication that he will be top 10, let alone top 3 in the league in 2 more years.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I stated, I think he had a good season, a fine rookie campaign. I also didn't see any indication that he will be top 10, let alone top 3 in the league in 2 more years.
i would say he had a fair season and in 2 or 3 years he could be in the top 30 WR's in the league

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not top 3 in 3 years best in the nfl in 3 years

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not top 3 in 3 years best in the nfl in 3 years

And when you ask RTK “why is this gonna happen” all he says is “he’s only gonna get better with time! You’re stupid!!”. Ok. But aren’t the other young receivers who are already better than him also “gonna get better with time”?

He acts like Smith is gonna grow more, get more muscle and gain more speed in the next three years whereas the others won’t.