• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If we are being honest about it, DeVonta Smith is going to establish himself as the best WR in the league within the next 3 years.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The QB was facing a lot of pressure, and the coverage was very good, but Smith was essentially shut down. The catches wouldn't have been easy but he wasn't able to pull anything in, even when getting hands on the ball. More worrisome was an inability to get any seperation regardless of which corner was on him

So both his hands and dynamic route running failed and those are supposed to be his strengths.

He had a solid first game, but he didn't play at all well against the 49ers.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He drew 2 pass interference calls and there should have been a 3rd one down the field in the end zone when the DB was grabbing and holding onto one of Smith's arms as he was trying to catch the ball.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He drew 2 pass interference calls and there should have been a 3rd one down the field in the end zone when the DB was grabbing and holding onto one of Smith's arms as he was trying to catch the ball.
Not sure about the non-call you are referring to but the one that was called on Norman in the end zone was a little weak.

........and none of this excuses his inability to pull in passes, or get any seperation at all. Those are supposed to be his strengths, and he looked below average in both areas on Sunday.

It is just one game though. He can still step it up. But lauding his ability to get PI calls as his big positive is grasping at straws to find a positive.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The QB was facing a lot of pressure, and the coverage was very good, but Smith was essentially shut down. The catches wouldn't have been easy but he wasn't able to pull anything in, even when getting hands on the ball. More worrisome was an inability to get any seperation regardless of which corner was on him

So both his hands and dynamic route running failed and those are supposed to be his strengths.

He had a solid first game, but he didn't play at all well against the 49ers.
& the niners according to RTK has a shitty secondary.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith played great. Hurts had a bit of a down game but it was only his 6th start and they hardly played him in Preseason except for 2 drives.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith played great. Hurts had a bit of a down game but it was only his 6th start and they hardly played him in Preseason except for 2 drives.

The stats are right there. 2 catches for 16 yards on 7 targets. Hurts wasn't good but Smith was not able to get open. The coverage was all over him.

Smith isn't strong enough to consistently pull in contested throws so he has to be able to get seperation. In the SF game he was not able to and he didn't have a strong game.

Maybe things will go better this week? His first week was good. But don't try to convince us that he did well against the 49ers. He didn't. He was beaten by the coverages. Anyone that would claim otherwise is delusional.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The stats are right there. 2 catches for 16 yards on 7 targets. Hurts wasn't good but Smith was not able to get open. The coverage was all over him.

Smith isn't strong enough to consistently pull in contested throws so he has to be able to get seperation. In the SF game he was not able to and he didn't have a strong game.

Maybe things will go better this week? His first week was good. But don't try to convince us that he did well against the 49ers. He didn't. He was beaten by the coverages. Anyone that would claim otherwise is delusional.

Well if you watch the coaches tape video I showed you then you'd see DeVonta was getting open. But you're one of the biggest idiots here so

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if you watch the coaches tape video I showed you then you'd see DeVonta was getting open. But you're one of the biggest idiots here so
Personal insults! Nice! Lol! I guess my praising his first game just wasn't good enough for you. You won't be happy unless I say he was spectacular on his shitty 2 catch on 7 target with 16 yards performance also??

I watched the NFL player game video. He was not getting seperation one the throws he was targeted on. He was blanketed. Everyone with eyes can see that.
I watched a some of your video but turned it off after the idiot claimed Smith got seperation on the second play when it was obvious to anyone that he did not.
I don't need to waste time on a breakdown from what is obviously some hugely biased Eagles' fan showing me a pile of shit and claiming it is prime rib.

You seem to be taking the "Hurts sucks ass" defense. Will this be your "go-too" excuse whenever Smith doesn't produce?

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personal insults! Nice! Lol! I guess my praising his first game just wasn't good enough for you. You won't be happy unless I say he was spectacular on his shitty 2 catch on 7 target with 16 yards performance also??

I watched the NFL player game video. He was not getting seperation one the throws he was targeted on. He was blanketed. Everyone with eyes can see that.
I watched a some of your video but turned it off after the idiot claimed Smith got seperation on the second play when it was obvious to anyone that he did not.
I don't need to waste time on a breakdown from what is obviously some hugely biased Eagles' fan showing me a pile of shit and claiming it is prime rib.

You seem to be taking the "Hurts sucks ass" defense. Will this be your "go-too" excuse whenever Smith doesn't produce?

You're one of the dumbest people on this football forum.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're one of the dumbest people on this football forum.
Lol! You are hilarious with your sad little insults.

Sorry your man-crush on the stickman is all butthurt this week. I am sure he will play better next week, and when he does I will give him credit.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol! You are hilarious with your sad little insults.

Sorry your man-crush on the stickman is all butthurt this week. I am sure he will play better next week, and when he does I will give him credit.

How about you just leave my thread? I have no respect for your opinion whatsoever. I've never seen a quality post from you. You won't be missed from this thread. Your existance is meaningless.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about you just leave my thread? I have no respect for your opinion whatsoever. I've never seen a quality post from you. You won't be missed from this thread. Your existance is meaningless.
"Your thread"?!?

This keeps getting funnier. You put it out for public consumption, then start throwing a tantrum when people point out you are very biased and don't operate in the confines of reality.

You are right in that I won't be missed in this thread because I am not going anywhere. Feel free to enjoy my upcoming posts here!

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your thread? Let me me guess your 6'4" 250 lbs of steel.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Speaking of which.....