• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If we are being honest about it, DeVonta Smith is going to establish himself as the best WR in the league within the next 3 years.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess college stats mean shit in the NFL
True.

I think taking the year off has put him behind. He's talked about the speed difference between his time at LSU and the NFL now. He resembles the guy from LSU most of the time in practices with amazing catches and consistency catching, for the most part. That tells me that he's likely trying to do too much when the lights come on and he is more worried about after the catch than the actual catch.

However, I find it hilarious that in order to take the heat off Smith, one feels the need to try and bring up another player who is doing poorly. A player, in which, no one has made any grand sweeping declarations concerning their career in the NFL. Weak sauce move, IMO. Then again - that seems to be the MO of the OP.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True.

I think taking the year off has put him behind. He's talked about the speed difference between his time at LSU and the NFL now. He resembles the guy from LSU most of the time in practices with amazing catches and consistency catching, for the most part. That tells me that he's likely trying to do too much when the lights come on and he is more worried about after the catch than the actual catch.

However, I find it hilarious that in order to take the heat off Smith, one feels the need to try and bring up another player who is doing poorly. A player, in which, no one has made any grand sweeping declarations concerning their career in the NFL. Weak sauce move, IMO. Then again - that seems to be the MO of the OP.
Its likely because pff posted something about the two, and both have drop issues

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its the "other people suck so Smith must be great" defense?

Just wait until you see how many WRs get cut from teams this week. Smith won't be, so obviously he's the best WR in football.

giphy.gif

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True.

Just pointing out that Devonta is the best WR out of this past draft.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because he has 2 less drops than Chase?

Chase has 2 less injuries so far.

Let's call it a draw....

Chase doesn't have the route running that DeVonta has. He doesn't have that same drive to be great.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly as long as the Jets offense doesnt step on their dicks. I think Elijah Moore will outperform Smith this year. (if they both stay fairly healthy)

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly as long as the Jets offense doesnt step on their dicks. I think Elijah Moore will outperform Smith this year. (if they both stay fairly healthy)
As of now, smith is a starter and elijah moore is maybe rotating the slot. Still have corey davis, mims, and crowder there. And crowder is an excellent slot receiver and redundant.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As of now, smith is a starter and elijah moore is maybe rotating the slot. Still have corey davis, mims, and crowder there. And crowder is an excellent slot receiver and redundant.
just stuff I been reading
they might clear the way for Moore to be the 1st Slot.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they do, look out. But i think corey davis is firmly there for targets… smith should be read one, just volume
well its the Jets so........ our guess is as good as anyone's LOL

As far as the Eagles.
As long as Hurts is their QB. I see them going more of the way of the niners. Running & QB running. Not a lot of pass attempts. So yes Smith will be read 1. But a lot less passing in general.

I think the Jets Let Wilson rip. Moore might start off slow, but I think will become that safety blanket by seasons end.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well its the Jets so........ our guess is as good as anyone's LOL

As far as the Eagles.
As long as Hurts is their QB. I see them going more of the way of the niners. Running & QB running. Not a lot of pass attempts. So yes Smith will be read 1. But a lot less passing in general.

I think the Jets Let Wilson rip. Moore might start off slow, but I think will become that safety blanket by seasons end.

Howie/Lurie don't allow for running. Eagles will pass the ball a lot, especially if preseason is any indication.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howie/Lurie don't allow for running. Eagles will pass the ball a lot, especially if preseason is any indication.
that just means your QB will be doing the running early until the OC adjusts. (IMHO)

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that just means your QB will be doing the running early until the OC adjusts. (IMHO)

He's going to do both. He's one of only 5 or 6 QBs in NFL history to have at least 2 games with 300+ yards passing and 100+ yards rushing and he joined that club in only 4 career starts.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's going to do both. He's one of only 5 or 6 QBs in NFL history to have at least 2 games with 300+ yards passing and 100+ yards rushing and he joined that club in only 4 career starts.
well if he is doing both this year. That means you are playing from multiple scores behind & will have a losing record.
Which I guess is possible. If you are having a decent season I see your offense being like the niners or vikes where passing is at more of a minimum.