• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If we are being honest about it, DeVonta Smith is going to establish himself as the best WR in the league within the next 3 years.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe DeVonta was trying to send a concealed message that he did not actually want to sign the contract with the Eagles... :noidea:
That would be amazing if a month from now it turns out he faked signing the contract. "The Eagles QB is who?" "Hells no..."

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Philadelphia Eagles
Jalen Hurts and DeVonta Smith

Jalen Hurts has to prove he can be a franchise quarterback this season -- otherwise, the Eagles will move in a different direction in 2022, when they'll have more cap space and two to three first-round picks (whether the 2022 pick acquired from Indy in exchange for Carson Wentz will be a first- or second-rounder is dependent on how much Wentz plays). So I'm expecting to see Hurts lean a lot on DeVonta Smith's playmaking ability. The 10th overall pick adds instant juice to an Eagles pass-catching corps that, as mentioned in the Colts' blurb, helped hasten Wentz's exit from Philly. After all, while Smith was catching 117 passes for 1,856 yards and 23 touchdowns en route to winning the Heisman Trophy in 2020, the Eagles were failing to field a single player who could log more than 53 catches or 539 receiving yards. Oh, and though Hurts and Smith didn't peak at Alabama at the same time, they did spend time on the field together, and that has to count for something. 2020 first-round pick Jalen Reagor could also lend a hand if he's able to learn to run routes better.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DJax was a great receiver early on, then became a one-trick pony.
Devonta will be neither, great...nor a one trick pony within the next 3 years, if we're being honest.
He may be useful in fantasy football, i'll give you that.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DJax was a great receiver early on, then became a one-trick pony.
Devonta will be neither, great...nor a one trick pony within the next 3 years, if we're being honest.
He may be useful in fantasy football, i'll give you that.
So hes gonna put up points? But not be any good?:scratch:

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah… umm pro bowls are popularity contests, fantasy usefulness is off of stats….stats =production

Great, and useful are two different things in my book. I stand by Devonta not being the best WR or even close to it, in 3 years.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great, and useful are two different things in my book. I stand by Devonta not being the best WR or even close to it, in 3 years.
Oh i agree there. Yes agree in the aspect of “great”…was confused a bit…i guess when i saw the djax “great” comment. He was a great deep threat, not a great wr imho, never was a great wr imho. So thats mt fault.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh i agree there. Yes agree in the aspect of “great”…was confused a bit…i guess when i saw the djax “great” comment. He was a great deep threat, not a great wr imho, never was a great wr imho. So thats mt fault.

Actually that's a fair comment. It would have been better if i said Djax was a great playmaker early on. Its all good SP!!

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually that's a fair comment. It would have been better if i said Djax was a great playmaker early on. Its all good SP!!
That i totally agree with. Guy could single handidly win you 2-3 games a year. Hed also disappear completely from 7 or so a year. Leaving 6-7 games of woefully average, replacement level production the rest of the games.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really knows how to catch a pass from a stationary QB on an open field with no obstacles and no noise. Impressive!

That's a pass your #1 WR Nelson Agholor will drop in the clutch.