• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If the wheels fall off and Gruden does get fired...

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This reminds me of the Shanahan Chiefs home game, when it was snowing, no one was there and you could just feel that it was over for him.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Team President: Brian Lafemina
GM: Kyle Smith
HC: Bruce Arians
DC: Kris Richard

I think Gregg gets the Browns job and I doubt he comes back here to work for Dan anyway.

The odds of the Skins winning out are the same as Gruden surviving this if they don't.....slim and next to none.

Twenty thousand fans in the stadium and TV ratings in the toilet compared to previous years gets coaches fired. Right or wrong.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the attendance problem are not b/c of jay. This FO put a team out there that could compete for a division title . That is all a fan can ask for. You cant evaluate this team fairly b/c of all the injuries. Yes more than last year b/c we lost our QB and our #1 WR.

Bottom line is Jay and Manusky stay. No team could compete from what we had to go through.

"The FO put a team out there that could compete for a division title". LOL - please stop - you are killing me. So you put this all on injuries? You are delusional. I have to ask - do you still believe that Allen should be retained? If so then you are really delusional. This guy needs to go ASAP.

Let's review what has been accomplished during his time (which is a considerable amt of time & he is ultimately responsible even during the time when SM was the GM). Over the last several years via the draft & free agency he has good pickups on the DL & with a handful of players like Swearinger, Scherff, AP & a few others. Beyond that it is either marginal or worse players, injured players & players who are in the TBD category. That is a terrible track record.

Let's review the current status of the various units & whether there is an improvement or not during the Allen era:

QB - dramatic decline
RB - Good this season but TBD moving forward since Guice is TBD, AP may/may not be here & other players have issues making them TBD
WR - dramatic decline
OL - TBD - depends on the injury situation

DL - big improvement
LB - major decline. Lots of talent & potential in this area but seldom translates into on-field success
DBs - huge decline. Worst unit on team & one of the worst secondaries in NFL (Swearinger is exception & Norman is good at times but not worth the salary)

Special teams - big improvement

In summary they have done well on special teams, on DL (at times) & show flashes in other areas at times. Injuries are a factor but certainly not the whole story. I am sorry but Allen has had way too much time in this job to have this team in such poor shape at this time. They are also in really bad shape in relation to the rest of the division and slipping. Time for a change at least in the FO area. Otherwise you are going to see a lot more Ls and empty seats in the stands.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"The FO put a team out there that could compete for a division title". LOL - please stop - you are killing me. So you put this all on injuries? You are delusional. I have to ask - do you still believe that Allen should be retained? If so then you are really delusional. This guy needs to go ASAP.

Let's review what has been accomplished during his time (which is a considerable amt of time & he is ultimately responsible even during the time when SM was the GM). Over the last several years via the draft & free agency he has good pickups on the DL & with a handful of players like Swearinger, Scherff, AP & a few others. Beyond that it is either marginal or worse players, injured players & players who are in the TBD category. That is a terrible track record.

Let's review the current status of the various units & whether there is an improvement or not during the Allen era:

QB - dramatic decline
RB - Good this season but TBD moving forward since Guice is TBD, AP may/may not be here & other players have issues making them TBD
WR - dramatic decline
OL - TBD - depends on the injury situation

DL - big improvement
LB - major decline. Lots of talent & potential in this area but seldom translates into on-field success
DBs - huge decline. Worst unit on team & one of the worst secondaries in NFL (Swearinger is exception & Norman is good at times but not worth the salary)

Special teams - big improvement

In summary they have done well on special teams, on DL (at times) & show flashes in other areas at times. Injuries are a factor but certainly not the whole story. I am sorry but Allen has had way too much time in this job to have this team in such poor shape at this time. They are also in really bad shape in relation to the rest of the division and slipping. Time for a change at least in the FO area. Otherwise you are going to see a lot more Ls and empty seats in the stands.

um 6-3 before the major injures plus we still had huge injuries to deal with while we were 6-3. Yes the team was built to win. The team was built to compete in the NNFC east. Sure Bruce can go but this is not on Jay at all. you have no idea what this years injuries had a huge impact on this team. No team can come back what we had to deal with. No team.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW - if you believe that the team had potential to win based on early season success well look at who they beat. The Boys win was a quality one, but all other victories were over losing teams & teams that are not good & have all types of issues. I admit to being caught up in that earlier in the year but looking objectively at it now they have some organization issues to address. Might as well start with the FO since you can't replace the owner.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
um 6-3 before the major injures plus we still had huge injuries to deal with while we were 6-3. Yes the team was built to win. The team was built to compete in the NNFC east. Sure Bruce can go but this is not on Jay at all. you have no idea what this years injuries had a huge impact on this team. No team can come back what we had to deal with. No team.

See my reply above. 5 of those wins were against crappy teams. Again - please tell me how injuries affected the defense which has been playing like shit for quite a while.

Perhaps Gruden stays but to state that he is blameless is a joke. He might have the worst clock mgmt. skills in NFL history. I have now witnessed 6 different Redskins QBs have issues w/ the play clock (resulting in lost timeouts, penalties, etc). Hmm - what is the common thread? I have also witnessed little to no in game adjustments. Penalties also appear to be a big issue. Part of that is due to injuries but that is not the entire story.

OK - I will play along. Let's just say that Gruden is not a fault. Please tell what exactly about Gruden is so great that he needs to be retained? He is the definition of mediocrity - his teams will always hover around the .500 mark. Please don't make an argument about why Gruden is not at fault but rather what attributes he has that will ultimately take them to the SB (& if a coach cannot do that potentially then he should never be there). Oh well - perhaps you are fine with mediocrity & always finding excuses for being a shitty team.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Much like last year when you scapegoated KC ? Sorry jay has had. 5 years to get it done. And we are mired in 500 or below football . Dean you are so “ of the moment” . You don’t look forward and anticipate what could wrong etc . We had the 2nd most injuries in the NFL last year behind the giants . One year the injury thing you can go with , but 2 ? Not so much . The fact is the team was in decline before the qbs got hurt . No way smith wins vs Texans , boys or eagles with our defense stinking up the joint. And our defense has gone to pot . Now we have players spouting off . He is losing the team

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...06139e540e5_story.html?utm_term=.ec2e12d2c43b

Very good article & what needs to be done (which likely means it won't happen). Get a new GM, president or whatever you want to call them. Give that person the option of retaining Gruden or going in a different direction.

I also don't really buy the argument about the team keeping Gruden because of the money that they would have to pay on his contract. They are losing lots of money w/all of the empty seats & it is about to get much worse. This could really push them to make some drastic changes (or not) - we will see. I just know that this is getting sickening.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...06139e540e5_story.html?utm_term=.ec2e12d2c43b

Very good article & what needs to be done (which likely means it won't happen). Get a new GM, president or whatever you want to call them. Give that person the option of retaining Gruden or going in a different direction.

I also don't really buy the argument about the team keeping Gruden because of the money that they would have to pay on his contract. They are losing lots of money w/all of the empty seats & it is about to get much worse. This could really push them to make some drastic changes (or not) - we will see. I just know that this is getting sickening.

Attendance trumps everything.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Attendance trumps everything.

Yep & it appears that the only folks attending games at FedEx this season are fans of the visiting teams. If nothing else this might prompt Snyder to roll out some new gimmick coach like he did with Gibbs II. If nothing else I hope that the recent rumors of Snyder being pissed at Allen are true so that they can at least get rid of that clown.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Allen has to go period

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fans were chanting "Bruce Must Go" behind D Hall and the crew during the postgame.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Kyle Smith, and bringing Louis Riddick back wouldn't hurt my feelings. He would bring a sense of class and stability back.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if we get a new HC add 3-5 yrs to the rebuild (lean more toward 3 ) because the new HC and /or GM are going to want their guys
Nothing wrong with that.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See my reply above. 5 of those wins were against crappy teams. Again - please tell me how injuries affected the defense which has been playing like shit for quite a while.

Perhaps Gruden stays but to state that he is blameless is a joke. He might have the worst clock mgmt. skills in NFL history. I have now witnessed 6 different Redskins QBs have issues w/ the play clock (resulting in lost timeouts, penalties, etc). Hmm - what is the common thread? I have also witnessed little to no in game adjustments. Penalties also appear to be a big issue. Part of that is due to injuries but that is not the entire story.

OK - I will play along. Let's just say that Gruden is not a fault. Please tell what exactly about Gruden is so great that he needs to be retained? He is the definition of mediocrity - his teams will always hover around the .500 mark. Please don't make an argument about why Gruden is not at fault but rather what attributes he has that will ultimately take them to the SB (& if a coach cannot do that potentially then he should never be there). Oh well - perhaps you are fine with mediocrity & always finding excuses for being a shitty team.

Im not a fan of Gruden either but I think you cant fire him this year unless all the team captains and players want him out. Bruce probably wont be GM anymore and Kyle Smith will get promoted. You cant judge this team this year. Like I said before no team would succeed with the injures that we had.

Im betting the Gruden stays and Kyle Smith get promoted to GM.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McVay turned a bust into a real good QB in one year. Look at what Nagy is doing on in Chicago. Look at what Frank Reich is doing with the Colts. Look at what happened in Philly last year. While I agree with skinsdad that it usually takes time, there are a lot of cases where the guys just need to be coached up a little.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not a fan of Gruden either but I think you cant fire him this year unless all the team captains and players want him out.

We have seen 5 years of almost exactly 500 ball . Now again you cry injuries but that didn’t factor in in your critique of KC now did it but we have to give gruden a pass ?

Sorry but bad penalties , crappy clock management , team repeatedly coming out flat for big games ( especially national tv ) and now players griping about practice ( in pads ) tells me he has lost the team his fault or not

Time to move on