• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If the Giants wanted trade their ninth overall pick to take Leonard Williams, do you agree?

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd make this trade if we got the Giants second rounder this year or a first next year. If this happened, Scherff would be a perfect pick as an OG with the Giants ninth overall pick. We can then take an OT like Cedric Ogbuehi in the second. While we'd be allowing the Giants to get Williams, we're not in a position to worry about divisional opponents.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd make this trade if we got the Giants second rounder this year or a first next year. If this happened, Scherff would be a perfect pick as an OG with the Giants ninth overall pick. We can then take an OT like Cedric Ogbuehi in the second. While we'd be allowing the Giants to get Williams, we're not in a position to worry about divisional opponents.

your not serious are you? they would have to give up a shit load more then that

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would we pass on L. Williams? The best defensive player in the draft and you want to pass on him?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually our pick is worth 1700 points and the Giants is 1350 plus the 2nd round would make it 1840. Im not counting the #1 next year.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually our pick is worth 1700 points and the Giants is 1350 plus the 2nd round would make it 1840. Im not counting the #1 next year.

lol you better forget that guide because it's a load of crap no way do we pass on the best player in the draft for that crappy trade

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I Agree with you. Williams should be the pick at #5. But if Williams is gone and the Giants offer their 2nd AND 1st next year we have to do it. They could move up for Fowler too.

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A second rounder this year or first next year is the going rate for this type of deal. Because of the marquee value of Williams, we could ask for more. For a good analog on this, take a look at Buffalo's trade up with Cleveland to take Sammy Watkins last year.

While I realize Williams is a great player, if we can swing this deal to get Scherff and an OT to solidify the right side of our line, that would be worth it. That would especially be true if we can land a first next year. With our third rounder, a safety like Hartt or Josh Shaw should be available. If we can swing that, that would be a great first three rounds.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I'm not so sure this is such a horrible idea at all. Laron Landry was also "the best defensive player in the draft". So was Courtney Brown. There are no sure things, if they can trade back a few spot and secure a future 1st, then take someone like Scherff at 9 I'm all for that idea.

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we make the trade and get the Giant's 9th. Who's to say Sherff is there at 9. So now Fowler, Williams and Sherff are all gone and it's our pick. Do you now take Peat to help sure up the front? White? Gregory? I'm all for trading back but not so much with the Giant's in our division. There's a chance both Williams and Fowler will be there at five... Man, you got to take a chance on one of these studs. When is the last time we had a stud rusher? Dexter? Mann? Kerrigan would be a great compliment to either of these guys. Trading back might not be wise with this draft and our need to get after QB's. Leaning on staying put. We can get OT in second round that will be an up grade most likely from what we have now protecting happy feet back there.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we make the trade and get the Giant's 9th. Who's to say Sherff is there at 9. So now Fowler, Williams and Sherff are all gone and it's our pick. Do you now take Peat to help sure up the front? White? Gregory? I'm all for trading back but not so much with the Giant's in our division. There's a chance both Williams and Fowler will be there at five... Man, you got to take a chance on one of these studs. When is the last time we had a stud rusher? Dexter? Mann? Kerrigan would be a great compliment to either of these guys. Trading back might not be wise with this draft and our need to get after QB's. Leaning on staying put. We can get OT in second round that will be an up grade most likely from what we have now protecting happy feet back there.

if williams is there you snatch him up . however we need some o/line help and we have 2 young qbs that need a stable o/line in front of them to get a good fair analysis

the fact is we need some o/lineman and we should focus on that

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Williams might be the best guy in the draft but we need more than one guy. If we can parlay the fifth pick into Scherff and a first in addition to another pick next year that would be optimal. Or even if we get a second this year, we may be able to swing an OLB like Dupree, and get an OG and OT in the second.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Williams might be the best guy in the draft but we need more than one guy. If we can parlay the fifth pick into Scherff and a first in addition to another pick next year that would be optimal. Or even if we get a second this year, we may be able to swing an OLB like Dupree, and get an OG and OT in the second.

That's kind of the way I see it too. This team needs help at literally every single position. Where can you say we can't use an upgrade? WR? It goes only 2 deep and then a huge drop off not to mention the contracts. Maybe corner but again little depth there too. So bring in more players and you do that with more picks.

With that said if they end up keeping the pick and taking Williams I won't complain.