• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If Seattle's offense played Seattle's defense for real

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How would that play out?

I'm betting our Defense wins that battle, but it would be interesting to see what Lynch could do against our D line, and it would be really, really, interesting to see if our speedy linebackers could contain Wilson. I'd like to think that our D is good enough to shut down Wilson, but on the other hand we've seen what's he capable of against Houston, Arizona and San Fran's D's which are probably the closest models you could use to compare our D too.

Earl Thomas was joking on the radio how the Defense takes it easy on Russell Wilson, but I wonder if he ever burns them in practice.

Too bad we'll never get to see it. That would be fun.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's like asking Luke Skywalker to take on Han Solo!! Aint happening!! :]

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the defense could go all out and not be called by Bevell's conserv system once our team gets the lead? The D in a landslide. Are you kidding me? Even with Bevell's BS second half playcalling on D the Hawks D would tear up the O.

Every single game this season the D has won it. It's not the Ds fault our special teams gave up 10 freebie points to the Colts.

Carolina = D won it.
San Fran = D won it.
Jax = Didn't matter, whatever.
Houston = D won it.
Indy = D basically did their job, collapsed 4th quarter but whatevs.
Titans = D won it.
Cards = D won it.

It's not even close. Our O is not a takeover DOMINATE team that everyone thinks they are. I dunno where these ridiculous blowout predictions from ESPN/Vegas came from, but it surely wasn't from someone who watches the Hawks.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the defense could go all out and not be called by Bevell's conserv system once our team gets the lead? The D in a landslide. Are you kidding me? Even with Bevell's BS second half playcalling on D the Hawks D would tear up the O.

Every single game this season the D has won it. It's not the Ds fault our special teams gave up 10 freebie points to the Colts.

Carolina = D won it.
San Fran = D won it.
Jax = Didn't matter, whatever.
Houston = D won it.
Indy = D basically did their job, collapsed 4th quarter but whatevs.
Titans = D won it.
Cards = D won it.

It's not even close. Our O is not a takeover DOMINATE team that everyone thinks they are. I dunno where these ridiculous blowout predictions from ESPN/Vegas came from, but it surely wasn't from someone who watches the Hawks.

The offense has picked it up at times when needed ... You can't say the D has won every game because the O has made big play's when needed during the games... Seahawks might be known for good defense but there offense is catching up... I don't think you've been watching the games bro...

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd take the defense.

The two biggest issues on Seattle's offense are WRs getting separation and the offensive line pass blocking.

The Seahawks have the best secondary in the NFL and the defensive line has looked really impressive this season. Not only do I think that the defense is better but I think it would provide a matchup nightmare for the Seahawks offense.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoa, blast from the past with this thread. It's even a better question now since Wilson and Baldwin have been playing lights out.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoa, blast from the past with this thread. It's even a better question now since Wilson and Baldwin have been playing lights out.
I was gonna say, if both are at full strength I would give it to the Offense at this point. Kam wouldn't be able to stop Jimmy, Lockett would benefit from Baldwin getting shut down by Sherm, and with a two back set of Lynch/Rawls there would be too many runner to cover including Russ. The O wouldn't dominate, but over a four quarter matchup I like the O.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd have to go with the D, but the gap has narrowed enough to make it interesting.