• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

DJ Reader and Offseason Defense

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we still need to consider CB as our #1 draft pick this next offseason. However, with that said, I am so impressed with DJ Reader and how he has molded and changed this defense, could imagine (2) DJ Reader's on that defensive line at the same time?

DJ Reader with big ol Siaki Ika from Baylor right beside him with BJ Hill rotating in and out of that defensive interior? I am not sure if Ika would make it to us in the 2nd round considering we will be drafting 64th in the 2nd round (wink). Is 1st round too high and would that limit our ability to resupply the secondary considering Chido may be out to begin the year.

I know we are still focusing on this year and our run, but the same things keep getting talked about. Just a little interested in exploring other topics and potential ideas for the future of this team.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we still need to consider CB as our #1 draft pick this next offseason. However, with that said, I am so impressed with DJ Reader and how he has molded and changed this defense, could imagine (2) DJ Reader's on that defensive line at the same time?

DJ Reader with big ol Siaki Ika from Baylor right beside him with BJ Hill rotating in and out of that defensive interior? I am not sure if Ika would make it to us in the 2nd round considering we will be drafting 64th in the 2nd round (wink). Is 1st round too high and would that limit our ability to resupply the secondary considering Chido may be out to begin the year.

I know we are still focusing on this year and our run, but the same things keep getting talked about. Just a little interested in exploring other topics and potential ideas for the future of this team.
We need offensive tackles. Collins back could go at anytime and Williams could be done here after next season.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need offensive tackles. Collins back could go at anytime and Williams could be done here after next season.
I don't disagree there either. 32nd pick with so many teams needing offensive line help? Just considering 5 to 6 could be off the board by then, and another position may have not been raided as badly, one of need still.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Land a top tier OT or CB and then flip that in the draft...

May need LB (Pratt is up, and I don't think he's re-signing)

Also need WR - need to be ready for when Boyd and Higgins are up - and having a guy, or two, already in the system will help - not to mention add depth at a position that has very little depth. The guys there now are fine but it would be hard pressed if those were the guys going forward....

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple of needs imminent. We’ll need to be vigilant during free agency as well

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Land a top tier OT or CB and then flip that in the draft...

May need LB (Pratt is up, and I don't think he's re-signing)

Also need WR - need to be ready for when Boyd and Higgins are up - and having a guy, or two, already in the system will help - not to mention add depth at a position that has very little depth. The guys there now are fine but it would be hard pressed if those were the guys going forward....
I think we are signing Higgins, and dealing with Ja'Marr and the fallout of his contract later.

Agreed on OT and CB. Just would love to see that running hole plugged air tight having to play Pittsburgh, Baltimore and Cleveland.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we are signing Higgins, and dealing with Ja'Marr and the fallout of his contract later.

Agreed on OT and CB. Just would love to see that running hole plugged air tight having to play Pittsburgh, Baltimore and Cleveland.
Still need WR - Boyd will also be up, and I'm not so sure he'll be re-signed. I still disagree with you on Higgins - especially after showing he can be a #1 without Chase. Going to be really hard to turn down that 1st big contract someone offers you because that is life-changing money.

It's clear that Chase will be the priority target for WR. If it were to come down between keeping Chase and keeping Higgins - you simply cannot choose Higgins. He's shown he can be a solid #1. Chase is putting up All-Pro stats - only one of 2 WR 22/under to have 2000 and 20 TD's. The other was Moss. Not to mention - there is a clear chemistry that exists for Burrow/Chase that will last a long, long time.

ANYWAY - we can kick this can down the road and see what happens, but they still need WR, at least 1. Someone with some bonafide skill. Irwin and others have done well in spots, but if we are looking at Boyd not coming back, and or just depth in general, it would be good to have someone that can really impact the game a bit more.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Higgins needs to start working with trainers on flexibility. Over the last three years, he's had several issues with hamstrings and shoulders. He's also put on a lot more muscle since he was in college. It could be just some minor tweaks, but this sort of nagging stuff is only going to get worse when he gets older if he doesn't get a handle on it now.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
user generated

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be happy with corner at that spot. I watched Witherspoon play one game and thought he was great. Of course, I also watched Darqueze Dennard play one Big 10 game and figured he was the next great lock-down corner. So, what do I know?

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be happy with corner at that spot. I watched Witherspoon play one game and thought he was great. Of course, I also watched Darqueze Dennard play one Big 10 game and figured he was the next great lock-down corner. So, what do I know?
I was in the exact same boat. Watched him kick the Buckeyes ass and thought, that guy is a shut down corner.