• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If nothing else, Houston should consider Cutler

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well with Irvin facing another rap case the NFL network will be looking to fill a taking head spot, and since Jay's such a people person he should retire and take the position...

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'd be a good add for a yr. or 2. Guy can be a good QB. Can is the key word there.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Browns got Osweiler, a 2nd and 6th from the Texans while sending a FOURTH to Houston.
I know, I was saying the Browns are the only team doing what the person I quoted suggested the Texans do. I didn't make that clear I guess.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know he has that stigma, and people love to hate him... but hear me out.

- Jay Cutler was 36-7 as the Bears QB, in games when the defense allowed 20 points or fewer

Houston's defense has allowed approximately 19.7 PPG over the past 3 seasons combined

- Jay Cutler was a combined 27-13, with an NFC Title Game appearance in the 3 seasons with which the Bears had a top 10 defense

Houston has had a top 10 defense for the past 3 seasons

Cutler would be a waste of time for any franchise that is not already built to make a run, and visa versa. I've more or less felt that Cutler is more or less considered a consolation prize for Houston, if they cannot land Romo. I don't think many other franchise's have interest, nor do I think he has interest in them. His wife has told the media that he could retire.

We're all well aware of Jay's shortcomings and I stopped apologizing for him long ago. He's not the franchise guy that you start a team around, but... he certainly can play well and win when the pieces are in place around him. I think Houston could benefit from his services in a pretty big way, and in that division... even just solid QB play could really put them head and shoulders above everyone else.

I guess I just think, if Romo isn't going to you... right now, your options seem to be Todd Savage, another trade or a rookie. I think Cutler clearly gives you the best chance, no?

One of the rare situations where lack of talent, arm, etc. is not what has held this guy back...I agree. He would be a great stop gap on a team like HOU...Initially I thought the Jets as well, but they seem to be throwing in the towel as far as being a serious contender....they let some strong pcs go that they don't seem to have comparable replacements for.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 2 caveats I'd like to add to the Cutler bandwagon is that:

1) Cutler's stats with a top 10 defense have probably been awhile and not necessarily indicative at all of future play

2) Cutler took a TON of sacks last year and his replacement didn't. Neither won but thats fishy.

2....agree. Cutler is a little shaky when pass protection breaks down now. He probably looking at the rush vs down field a lot more these days...taking more sacks as a result.

I'd still take him as a stop gap in HOU.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Texans need a QB the Browns are willing to trade Osweiler for a 3rd or 4th round pick.
Still a better idea than Cutler.

I'd go single wing before stooping that low.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dudes a turnover machine.

No team that has division championship and deep playoff aspirations will turn to him.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still a better idea than Cutler.

I'd go single wing before stooping that low.

Even though he has an identical resume to Stafford. Got it.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though he has an identical resume to Stafford. Got it.
Get your pecker out of your eye son.

Cutler is a loser, your franchise caught on slow, but atleast they caught on.

Time you do yourself a favor as well.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get your pecker out of your eye son.

Cutler is a loser, your franchise caught on slow, but atleast they caught on.

Time you do yourself a favor as well.

Cutler is not a great QB, but he's proven you can win with him when he has a competent team.

He's won more than Stafford. So, what does that make him? Chubby?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
O line quit on him??

Nah. Oline captain is Long, who is good friends with him.

They played some really tough pass rushes early on before Cutler got hurt, and they had a lot of injuries/new faces early on that needed to gel.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cutler is not a great QB, but he's proven you can win with him when he has a competent team.

He's won more than Stafford. So, what does that make him? Chubby?
This is a Jay Cutler thread, like all the other Jay Cutler threads you bring up Clayton Kershaws buddy in.

If you want to talk Stafford, start a Numba Nine thread.

Until then, let's work on you facing reality with Jay. He's an unemployed diabetic that doesn't care how many times he's led the league in picks. Let's work from there.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You Cutler apologists are seriously messed up. Get help.

You truly think Bill O'Brien and Jay Cutler could co-exist? Have you heard about O'Brien and how hard he is on QBs? He would never, ever want this guy as his QB!

John McClain of the Houston Chronicle was asked during a Facebook Live Q&A whether he thinks Cutler is a viable option for the Texans.

“No,” replied McClain. “I don’t see Jay Cutler here. A lot of teams are trying to say it . Here’s why, Bill O’Brien is a stickler. Every time you ask him about a quarterback, leadership is strong with him. He likes players to be vocal. To demonstrative. To be vocal in meeting rooms when they’re going over game plans. But everything we know about Jay Cutler, that’s not him. Leadership and Cutler have never been used in the same sentence. And that’s why I don’t see Cutler coming here. It would be a desperate move. I know he would like to come here. He don’t want to go to a team that’s bad. He wants to come to a team that’s good. Denver’s not interested and so far the Texans haven’t been. And I don’t believe the Texans will be.”

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, if O'Brien is going to be stubborn, he'll have to turn Savage into an NFL QB.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jay Cutler would be the BEST QB I'm Texans franchise history the second his name dried on the contract. Thinl about that for a second. Lol

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes too much sense. Houston is being pretty dumb here.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 2 caveats I'd like to add to the Cutler bandwagon is that:

1) Cutler's stats with a top 10 defense have probably been awhile and not necessarily indicative at all of future play

2) Cutler took a TON of sacks last year and his replacement didn't. Neither won but thats fishy.

The problem with Cutler has never been talent, game skills, he is a pregnant woman in her 7th month emotionally at anytime.....In laymens terms, he is too unstable to depend on for a full 16 game season, he's going pickles and ice cream when you least expect it....
Houston has a good prospect in Tom Savage and Weeden is a serviceable vet, he can win some lose some as well as Cutler....
Having said all that, Cutler is a better choice than KopAsquat.....I think coach may draft a qb and roll with them this year...