• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If Kenny Bell Played in an Elite Passing Offense

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just as I figured. It all bounced off your forehead. Thanks for clarifying.

Hopefully my efforts have given others some optimism regarding TA.

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey look, I am going to keep saying that AJ McCarron (one of the best and smartest QBs in the history of football) completed 60% of his passes as a freshman over and over again. What I am going to fail to ever point out is that Armstrong completed more passes in 9 games of split time than McCarron even attempted in 13 games as a mop up QB.

And yeah, that Ganz guy struggled with his height. If only he was taller he could have been able to complete a few passes here at Nebraska.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sooooo somebody needs to reintroduce our O-line to steroids. Where are the Peter brothers when you need them?

Last edited by a moderator:

blkflagmafia

BANG BANG BLACK FLAG GBR!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think he will do fine I'm not counting last year bc he wasn't suppose to get playing time and then he was splitting time with rk3.

he's now healthy got another year I'm confident he will be ok

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

---------
I could say the same to you. Armstrong was recruited as a dual threat but do we need that? Has it worked for us before? We have a decent running game. Do we really need a QB like Armstrong? The type of offensive play that the QBs you used from our past won't really work today. So, why bring them up in the first place? It's not a question of anything going over my head, I don't believe Beck is trying to install the offenses we had in the 70s & 80s or even the 90s so why bring up the stats? If we are going to succeed with the quick defenses out there today, we don't need a QB that's more of a scrambler---takes too much time. We need more of a drop back passer and Arstrong ain't that.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
---------
I could say the same to you. Armstrong was recruited as a dual threat but do we need that? Has it worked for us before? We have a decent running game. Do we really need a QB like Armstrong? The type of offensive play that the QBs you used from our past won't really work today. So, why bring them up in the first place? It's not a question of anything going over my head, I don't believe Beck is trying to install the offenses we had in the 70s & 80s or even the 90s so why bring up the stats? If we are going to succeed with the quick defenses out there today, we don't need a QB that's more of a scrambler---takes too much time. We need more of a drop back passer and Arstrong ain't that.

Yeah because "drop back passer" is exactly the way the college game has been headed with QBs like Manziel and Mariota :L

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kenny could have a great year, don't know if he'll eclipse the 1k mark or not. Lot's of variables to throw in that are yet tbt, TA obviously the most important.
Unfortunately it takes a T-ragic season ending injury to TM for our backup QB to get any experience or coaching. TA being in his 3rd year now I'd expect to see some major improvements, remains to be seen. Kid wasn't ready last year and was just swimming but he did the best he could with the resources available

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
---------

Once again you're all over the place swinging at air. The Top 10 of CFB has a multitude of offenses.

You were bashing TA's completion %. I merely showed you the completion % of other heralded 1st year QB's in Nebraska's past.

It doesn't matter what type of offense it is. Completion % is completion %. A QB generally improves with age and experience.,TA was a R Fr with a patchwork O-line. He was splitting time with a 5th yr senior. A senior who in fact padded his completion % against nobodys, or at the end of games when the opponent was leading and giving up the underneath routes.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"We don't need a scrambler".

LMAO

bigred472

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah because "drop back passer" is exactly the way the college game has been headed with QBs like Manziel and Mariota :L
-------
Well, scramblers that we've been getting haven't done us much good have they?
facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif

bigred472

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again you're all over the place swinging at air. The Top 10 of CFB has a multitude of offenses.

You were bashing TA's completion %. I merely showed you the completion % of other heralded 1st year QB's in Nebraska's past.

It doesn't matter what type of offense it is. Completion % is completion %. A QB generally improves with age and experience.,TA was a R Fr with a patchwork O-line. He was splitting time with a 5th yr senior. A senior who in fact padded his completion % against nobodys, or at the end of games when the opponent was leading and giving up the underneath routes.
-------
And yet we aren't using the type of offenses that we did in years past so why the need for the stats? Apples to Oranges? What did TM give us even whe he was healthy and had a resonable sound line? 4 losses. Don't think that type of QB play will do us any better in the future.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-------
Well, scramblers that we've been getting haven't done us much good have they?
facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif

So we should go to a drop back passer...when it has been proven across the country that the best offenses have a dual threat quarterback?

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think what 472 is trying to say is we need to get back to having a real passing QB....like back when Tommy Fraisier was here.

Epic Leprikon

I am Epic Leprikon?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Armstong isn't passer, or a runner, so obviously not a dual threat in any way...like the stats or not, they only support those facts.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-------
And yet we aren't using the type of offenses that we did in years past so why the need for the stats? Apples to Oranges? What did TM give us even whe he was healthy and had a resonable sound line? 4 losses. Don't think that type of QB play will do us any better in the future.

Pretty sure I already addressed that but it bounced off your head.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously though guise.....our balls got nubs on 'em this year.

We won't fumble.

It will rain touchdowns.

We are fer champz.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Armstong isn't passer, or a runner, so obviously not a dual threat in any way...like the stats or not, they only support those facts.

Turner Gill wasn't a passer or a runner so obviously not a dual threat either. Like the stats or not, they only support those facts.

1981 - TG First start as sophomore 5 games into the season and played 6 full games. TG started a full season on the Freshman squad in 1980.

2013- TA First start as redshirt freshman 4 games into the season and split time with RK in 8 games. Did not play against Minnesota or Iowa. Left the Penn St game after 3 series with leg injury. Played with pieced together O-line.
As first year varsity starters...

TG Passing - 47 of 91 (51.6%) 619 YDS, 9 TD's, 4 INT's
TA Passing - 68 of 131 (51.9%) 966 YDS, 9 TD's 8 INT's

TG Rushing - 76 for 263 YDS (3.5 YPC) 3 TD's.
TA Rushing - 67 for 202 YDS (3.0 YPC) 2 TD's

1982 Gill 2nd Year (Jr)
Passing - 90 of 166 (54.2%), 1182 YDS, 11 TD's, 3 INT's
Rushing - 101 for 497 YDS, (4.9 YPC), 4 TD's

1983 Gill 3rd year (Sr)
Passing - 94 of 170 (55.3%), 1516 YD's, 14 TD's, 4 INT's
Rushing - 109 for 531 YD's, (4.9 YPC), 11 TD's

Last edited by a moderator: