• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

if brain hoyer was your son

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think what doctors can you is just off the data they have...a lot of medical stuff is not absolute...like when they told my uncle 69 y/o who was on oxygen he had a year at best to live...that was 6 yrs ago..the man is still alive and kicking today.

Every player has to make that decision on his own with family/etc. but in the case of Hoyer, if I have already cashed $8mil +and had 5 or 6 brain dings...I think I would find something else to do.
I agree that medical predictions can have a margin of error. That's why I think it's hard to say in any absolute whether he should or shouldn't keep going.

As far as money goes you never know what his personal situation is. He might owe alimony or child support and think he needs to grind out a few more years to make sure he and his family are set up for life after football knowing he doesn't have many options after that.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really depends on how close these concussions are to each other. And what grade of concussion they are. If he only had a grade 1/2 concussions spaced out between 2+ months or & no more than 2 a season, I wouldn't say shit to him. But if he was getting grade 3 concussions along with multiple concussions in a season, I would tell him to think about his future health & that maybe it's time to take a year off or retire.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aikman, Steve Young...what should we call them?

Id say there is a direct correlation between "Volume" when its comes to Young and Aikman, and Youngs' mobility also prob contributed to additional hits

Brian Hoyer has spend about 5 minutes as a starter and suffered 5 concussions...Id say he isnt exactly a guy that "sees it coming" very well

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id say there is a direct correlation between "Volume" when its comes to Young and Aikman, and Youngs' mobility also prob contributed to additional hits

Brian Hoyer has spend about 5 minutes as a starter and suffered 5 concussions...Id say he isnt exactly a guy that "sees it coming" very well

Okay...now that you've expanded on that a bit...I get it. What is kind of strange, you can take two QBs...both take the same shot to the head...one guy might be woozy the next guy maybe not.

Kinda like oft injured players...two WRs take the hard same hit...Hines Ward, a known tough WR, would pop up and go back to the huddle...whereas a guy like Dewayne Bowe...probably doesn't.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay...now that you've expanded on that a bit...I get it. What is kind of strange, you can take two QBs...both take the same shot to the head...one guy might be woozy the next guy maybe not.

Kinda like oft injured players...two WRs take the hard same hit...Hines Ward, a known tough WR, would pop up and go back to the huddle...whereas a guy like Dewayne Bowe...probably doesn't.

Yup, seems everyone is built differently

You think im surprised that the Goofy, unorthodox, Eli Manning, is the Toughest QB in the NFL? I believe maybe in NFL history?

Thats just strange

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, seems everyone is built differently

You think im surprised that the Goofy, unorthodox, Eli Manning, is the Toughest QB in the NFL? I believe maybe in NFL history?

Thats just strange

I would agree...I think Ben's pretty tough, but he's missed a lot more games...Eli rarely ever misses a game due to injury.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I finally saw that Frontline piece last night on which they based the upcoming Concussion film...the first 20 minutes, when they are focusing on Mike Webster, is very chilling.

Football KILLED Mike Webster, and the league not only dismissed it, but they completely mislead the public and smeared the one neuropathologist who had done the proper research on what happened to Webster.

The strangest thing is that Mike's son said he was crazy-glueing his own teeth back into his head at one point.