• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If Brady makes the sb and loses

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will never catch up. The Pats however have a good chance. Especially the way the Squeelers have played over the last 3 decades. Go shine "your" rings. Similar to "your" team, you're out of your league here.

neither will the cheatriots

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep that Duper & Clayton combo sucked.
Who said they sucked? That's an asinine comment. They were good, But Marino made them. Second best player on the team and only other great player was Stephenson

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And she said its time for you to shut off the computer and go to bed ya little bitch

So I'm curious. Did you cry all night after the steelers loss, and then begin cutting, or did you begin cutting right away?
Self mutilation isn't remarkable by any measurement in cases of those that suffer from forms of detachment, in your case the vicarious need to feel as though you are part of the team.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what is acceptable proof that Brady has in fact surpassed Montana? Beyond his stats, he has also lead his team to 10 AFCCGs in 14 years as the teams starter, and throw in should they win tomorrow 7 SBs in 14 years as the teams starter. That is pretty friggen amazing when you stop to think about it, and I think qualifies him for GOAT.

I have yet to get someone that doesn't think he is the GOAT to provide what the threshold is. Maybe you'll be the first.
There is no threshold. It's an opinion based topic. Montana carried his team to those SBs. Yes he had Rice and a lot of talent, but you judge players with your eyes not the stat sheet and Montana was just amazing. Nobody (at least no one I saw) said Brady wasn't good. There are a few QBs in this era that will go down as great HOF QBs. I think Brady will go down second to Rodgers. I still think Luck will go down as one of the best too, but he has a long, long way to go to be even put in that category. I think at his peak Peyton was a better QB than Brady and much more important to his team. But Mannings health just didn't hold up as well. So for Peyton to go down as a better QB than Brady he has to win a SB this year and even then it's up in the air. But teams win SBs, not just QBs. None of these guys are as good as Marino....

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I'm curious. Did you cry all night after the steelers loss, and then begin cutting, or did you begin cutting right away?
Self mutilation isn't remarkable by any measurement in cases of those that suffer from forms of detachment, in your case the vicarious need to feel as though you are part of the team.

Nope, I banged your mom

Tore it up good

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no threshold. It's an opinion based topic. Montana carried his team to those SBs. Yes he had Rice and a lot of talent, but you judge players with your eyes not the stat sheet and Montana was just amazing. Nobody (at least no one I saw) said Brady wasn't good. There are a few QBs in this era that will go down as great HOF QBs. I think Brady will go down second to Rodgers. I still think Luck will go down as one of the best too, but he has a long, long way to go to be even put in that category. I think at his peak Peyton was a better QB than Brady and much more important to his team. But Mannings health just didn't hold up as well. So for Peyton to go down as a better QB than Brady he has to win a SB this year and even then it's up in the air. But teams win SBs, not just QBs. None of these guys are as good as Marino....

So if someone argues that Trent Dilfer is superious to Tom Brady, Joe Montana, et al, it's on equal standing? There is no distinction to determine it's accuracy?

What if, and I admit this is unrealistic, Tom Brady ripped off 3 more SBs in a row? Would that not then be evidence he surpassed the others, ie a line of distinction?

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the air missing from brady's balls.....

You sucked it out didn't you pheg

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who said they sucked? That's an asinine comment. They were good, But Marino made them. Second best player on the team and only other great player was Stephenson
No one said it. I was being sarcastic. Imagine the numbers they and TB would've put up? My point is it's asinine to keep arguing Brady had the greatest D, kicker, coach... Even if that were true it takes a team to win SBs. Otherwise we go down the road of indoor/outdoor, travel, SoS...Bottom line if the QB brings your team multiple SBs, they deserve to be mentioned as possible GOATs. Sucks if you got drafted to a shitty team and you never helped your team win a/multi SBs. Maybe you shoukd get Archie Manning as your agent for draft day?

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How grownup of you, a retort for which there is no return.

You must be of Rockefeller decent.

I don't know, but I would of been your dad if the dog didn't beat me up the stairs.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know, but I would of been your dad if the dog didn't beat me up the stairs.

Must be tough, for you, working in high finance, or as a surgeon, or similar, with all that verbal skill that your co-workers just can't relate too.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who, on a per game basis, was more efficient? And did so in a much more difficult era when concerning passing the football? QB ratings by themselves at face value are not a good indication...but when someone is clearly superior in that department, during an era when it's much tougher to pass the football, there is no getting around that.

I don't care about championship game appearances or Super Bowl appearances. I care about how a player performs....and it's simply easier for the QB in today's game to enjoy 'team' success than it was in Montana's era. It's more QB-centric today given the rules/salary cap/free agency.

So, you are saying that QB play is more important now than it was then?

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'That's how it works.'

Trent Dilfer 1. A shit load of quarterbacks far superior to him, ie Dan Marino, 0.

I'm so glad I'm not part of the human cattle pen that just regurgitates the same ole stupidity. That works for you....not for me.

There's a huge difference between a shitty QB(Dilfer) winning a title than a great QB(Marino) winning one to cement his legacy(and you know it). That's what I'm saying here; True legends win titles and are defined by them. You can't be THE BEST without being a Champion. I'm sorry, that's just how it works.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Must be tough, for you, working in high finance, or as a surgeon, or similar, with all that verbal skill that your co-workers just can't relate too.

And dont forget, more intelligence than you too dumbass

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if someone argues that Trent Dilfer is superious to Tom Brady, Joe Montana, et al, it's on equal standing? There is no distinction to determine it's accuracy?

What if, and I admit this is unrealistic, Tom Brady ripped off 3 more SBs in a row? Would that not then be evidence he surpassed the others, ie a line of distinction?
All SBs are not equal. Dilfer could have won 4 in a row and not be known as one of the greatest. It would be good to see Brady win just one without BB, but we all know that isn't happening because unless he gets kicked out of the league or dies of a heart attack BB will outlast TB.

But, if Brady won 3 more it would be hard to put any other QB above him just because of the sheer volume of championships. Especially if at this age and assuming no addt'l freakishly great players on the team are the reason for the win. I think this year Can be a big one for his legacy. Yes there is a lot of talent on the team, but even with Gronk and crew as receivers if he wins it with this running game that is pretty impressive. But the bigger issue to me this year is who is he really beating? I said before the playoffs this was the worst group of playoff teams I can remember.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummm yeah, no. You never even advanced off the shop floor as a supervisor.

And if you had dynamite for brains you wouldn't have enough to blow your nose

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All SBs are not equal. Dilfer could have won 4 in a row and not be known as one of the greatest. It would be good to see Brady win just one without BB, but we all know that isn't happening because unless he gets kicked out of the league or dies of a heart attack BB will outlast TB.

But, if Brady won 3 more it would be hard to put any other QB above him just because of the sheer volume of championships. Especially if at this age and assuming no addt'l freakishly great players on the team are the reason for the win. I think this year Can be a big one for his legacy. Yes there is a lot of talent on the team, but even with Gronk and crew as receivers if he wins it with this running game that is pretty impressive. But the bigger issue to me this year is who is he really beating? I said before the playoffs this was the worst group of playoff teams I can remember.

Short version, so there is a line he can cross in your mind. Where that line is all that is in question.