• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If Brady and the Patriots aren't cheaters...

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you show me where he broke league rules then yes I will agree with you. So far you keep making the claim but have yet to produce a single piece of evidence to show that he has broken league rules.
the MNF broadcast, ive posted it 12 times.

rodgers stood by his remarks

Aaron Rodgers Likes To Tamper With Footballs, Too

According to Simms, Rodgers admitted to them that he likes to over-inflate game balls. "I like to push the limits of how much air we can put in the football, even go over what they allow you to do," is what Simms recalls Rodgers telling them.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the MNF broadcast, ive posted it 12 times.

rodgers stood by his remarks

Aaron Rodgers Likes To Tamper With Footballs, Too

See here is where your argument breaks down. It is not illegal to submit balls that are not at the proper PSI for the official check. No where in the NFL rules does it ever say that. What it does talk about though is tampering with the balls after they have passed official inspection and that being illegal. So again where has Rodgers broken the rules?

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got to love when people trying to tear apart something then use it as their source of information when it supports their case. Just a bit on the hypocritical side of things but hey to each his own I guess.

Look...they still haven't figured out the approach they are taking. Is it Brady didn't cheat or is it everyone else cheats too??? These are very simple-minded people we are talking about. Let's cut them some slack.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See here is where your argument breaks down. It is not illegal to submit balls that are not at the proper PSI for the official check. No where in the NFL rules does it ever say that. What it does talk about though is tampering with the balls after they have passed official inspection and that being illegal. So again where has Rodgers broken the rules?
the refs job is to keep them within the limits. he sneaks over inflated balls in the reverse way the patriots did for soft ones.

ambient temperature, ideal gas law, etc.

"here is where your argument breaks down...here is my amateur opinion"

always a laugh

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the refs jos is to keep them within the limits. he sneaks over inflated balls in the reverse way the patriots did for soft ones.

ambient temperature, ideal gas law, etc.

"here is where your argument breaks down...here is my amateur opinion"

always a laugh

In the video you posted he said that he sometimes overinflates them to see if the refs will take the air out during the check. Again there is nothing illegal about this. What is illegal is after they have actually been marked as approved by the officials and then they are tampered with is a league violation. If you can't understand that simple difference in the two situations then really it has reached a point that you just can't argue with stupid as they say. The whole "Better to remain silent and thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt" comes to mind here.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look...they still haven't figured out the approach they are taking. Is it Brady didn't cheat or is it everyone else cheats too??? These are very simple-minded people we are talking about. Let's cut them some slack.

Haha good point. Can't have your cake and eat it too

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the video you posted he said that he sometimes overinflates them to see if the refs will take the air out during the check. Again there is nothing illegal about this. What is illegal is after they have actually been marked as approved by the officials and then they are tampered with is a league violation. If you can't understand that simple difference in the two situations then really it has reached a point that you just can't argue with stupid as they say. The whole "Better to remain silent and thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt" comes to mind here.
yup

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you can't understand that simple difference in the two situations then really it has reached a point that you just can't argue with stupid as they say.

These are the people you are talking about. Is this not one of the most pathetic things (on so many levels) that anyone has ever seen?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These are the people you are talking about. Is this not one of the most pathetic things (on so many levels) that anyone has ever seen?

Good point! It is amazing the level of stupid this country has reached.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard the Patriots rebuttal and laughed myself silly over their saying it was all a misunderstanding about someone's diet plan. Come on, that's just plain silly and an insult to the intelligence of everybody concerned.

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK everybody, all together, sing with me...

We are the champions, my friends,
And we'll keep on fighting 'til the end.
We are the champions.
We are the champions.
No time for losers
'Cause we are the champions of the world.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK everybody, all together, sing with me...

We are the champions, my friends,
And we'll keep on fighting 'til the end.
We are the champions.
We are the champions.
No time for losers
'Cause we are the champions of the world.
......"WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS".......of the world.....!!

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard the Patriots rebuttal and laughed myself silly over their saying it was all a misunderstanding about someone's diet plan. Come on, that's just plain silly and an insult to the intelligence of everybody concerned.
........but.....but......but......Mom = the dog did swallow my homework....!!

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots weren't fined for video-taping.......... They were fined because of the location they were filming......Not that I think they were "ignorant" of the rule because they clearly were and knew what they were doing and knew it was wrong

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots weren't fined for video-taping.......... They were fined because of the location they were filming......Not that I think they were "ignorant" of the rule because they clearly were and knew what they were doing and knew it was wrong

:puzzled:

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

First - Great new icon!
Second - I was just saying to the other poster (forgot who now) that the Patriots did break the rules but not by video-taping itself but for being in a non appropriate location.

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just gotta admire Goodell's ability to totally fuck up what should have been a simple punishment for under pressure footballs. Dude's got game!

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're correct, I'll give you that.
But, wouldn't you say this is unethical/immoral? Or is it just the Patriots who try and "skirt the rules/push the envelope"? If someone tries to knowingly deceive/introduce an illegal piece of equipment into a game is that in keeping with the integrity of the league?

This is not one of those response that everyone does it. Because we know all teams cheat/skirt the rules/ push the envelope. I'm just curious what you and others have to say?