• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I'd rather have Tristan or Whiteside Poll

Take Your Pick

• Total voters

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ainge has the assets to go after dwight thats for sure....and that would be a big time help for them...you think he would leave after the seaso? its a good quesiton- hed help them a ton though

With that roster, yeah he'd bolt.

Dwights problem has always been that he is not as good as he thinks he is.

That idiot could sign with the Dubs, Cavs or Spurs and still expect to be the #1 option.

I see him going somewhere with a ready made roster. The Celtics have improved.

But, he doesn't move the needle enough to put him in the Championship conversation.

I think Howard will stay in Houston and they will go after Durant or he will go to Dallas.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that game he had vs. Al Rayadi of the Lebaneese league is the stuff you tell your grand children about, lol.....who would want a guy who has done everything right, worked hard, with a great work ethic, and really blossomed in the NBA playoffs---- when you could get the 7 foot Terror of Tripoli! :lol:

Neither Kyrie or Love, ever sniffed the playoffs without James over a combined how many seasons?

Whiteside leads the best league in the world in shot blocking and is top 10 I believe in 3 other categories.

That is now, live, real time.

To mention anything from the past means nothing in this discussion and moving forward unless Whiteside regresses.

Problem for @WiggyRuss is that he's improving.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'd vote for him if he went to Meeeeeeeeeeechgan!:jaw:

Wamupedia, why is Danny trying to trade for Howard?

He'd leave when the Season ends....wasteful.

I am so happy for Thomas. He deserves it.

The only reason the Cavs would trade for Howard would be to wreck the team. I caught a re-run of PTI the other day & Wilbon was saying DH hasn't done much right since getting Van Gundy fired in Orlando. Maybe he's a pain in the ass teammate?:noidea:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't they do it in French?

The guy has issues. But, his talent is undeniable.

Tristan is a blue collar, hustle guy.

But, he's not in Whitesides league.

These are facts, my friend.
mecca- offensively you play 4 on 5 with him. He is allergic to passing. So far this year he is the least efficient post scorer in the NBA (or at least was), and obviously he cant shoot. He can make a put back dunk, and he can roll on the pick and roll.

on defense- yes he is a rim deterrent. I watched a little last night where he came over and made a nice block on Barea on a shot that otherwise prob would have gone in. The next 2 possessions Pachulia catches a nifty pass for a layup on him, and then Pachulia draws contact and finishes a 3 point play against him. He does one thing good on defense- protect the rim. He is a poor one-on-one defender against any center that has any post moves- and he is hopless against any center that can shoot- ESPECIALLY if that center has 3 pt range. He cant show on the high pick and roll and get back to his guy, and he DEFINITELY cant switch ANY ASSIGNMENT.

Does the rim protection add up to a net positive when you figure he cant do those other things that are NEEDED in todays pace and space league? Obviously the stats have said that he is a net negative defensively.

you are basically playing 4-5 offensively- Wade is SIGNIFICANTLY less efficient offensively with him on the court clogging up the middle, and he impedes Dragics' push the ball style of play- and defensively while he takes pressure off the other players with his rim protection when other teams go to the rim- he is a poor post defender, and he totally puts a ton of pressure on the rest of his teammates with his total inability to play any kind of defense outside of 12 feet around the basket.

if somoene would like to tell me where their is faulty logic in this post i would be most interested to see it - because its all true.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither Kyrie or Love, ever sniffed the playoffs without James over a combined how many seasons?

Whiteside leads the best league in the world in shot blocking and is top 10 I believe in 3 other categories.

That is now, live, real time.

To mention anything from the past means nothing in this discussion and moving forward unless Whiteside regresses.

Just wait until the Cavs trade Mozgov, Richard Jefferson & a late round draft pick to Miami for Whiteside!:eek:

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mecca- offensively you play 4 on 5 with him. He is allergic to passing. So far this year he is the least efficient post scorer in the NBA (or at least was), and obviously he cant shoot. He can make a put back dunk, and he can roll on the pick and roll.

on defense- yes he is a rim deterrent. I watched a little last night where he came over and made a nice block on Barea on a shot that otherwise prob would have gone in. The next 2 possessions Pachulia catches a nifty pass for a layup on him, and then Pachulia draws contact and finishes a 3 point play against him. He does one thing good on defense- protect the rim. He is a poor one-on-one defender against any center that has any post moves- and he is hopless against any center that can shoot- ESPECIALLY if that center has 3 pt range. He cant show on the high pick and roll and get back to his guy, and he DEFINITELY cant switch ANY ASSIGNMENT.

Does the rim protection add up to a net positive when you figure he cant do those other things that are NEEDED in todays pace and space league? Obviously the stats have said that he is a net negative defensively.

you are basically playing 4-5 offensively- Wade is SIGNIFICANTLY less efficient offensively with him on the court clogging up the middle, and he impedes Dragics' push the ball style of play- and defensively while he takes pressure off the other players with his rim protection when other teams go to the rim- he is a poor post defender, and he totally puts a ton of pressure on the rest of his teammates with his total inability to play any kind of defense outside of 12 feet around the basket.

if somoene would like to tell me where their is faulty logic in this post i would be most interested to see it - because its all true.

So, if you had your choice of the two, you'd pick Tristan?

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wait until the Cavs trade Mozgov, Richard Jefferson & a late round draft pick to Miami for Whiteside!:eek:

:facepalm5:.....r.I.p.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The speed at which he went from terrible to the most dominant center in the NBA would break the sound barrier.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ya know how many times Durant, CP3, LeBron, Bosh made the playoffs in their first two seasons? Combined?

ZERO TIMES.

move along.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
absolutely...not even a question. Whiteside would be a disaster offensively and totally stop any kind of ball movement or pace the Cavs are trying to establish---- and defensively the CAvs greatest strength is that they have a bunch of good athletes with good size that can switch and defend multiple positiions- LeBron, Shump, Smith, Thompson....

why trade for Whiteside when you would only use him like you use Mozgov- as a matchup guy.

you think Whiteside could stay on the floor against those small lineups of the Warriors or Spurs or OKC with how they run and shoot? It would be a disaster. that "lineup of death " with draymond at center would make Whiteside look like a homeless man at a State Dinner.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not only that- but when one guy is has the longest streak in the NBA for consecutive games played- over 330- and in the last 2 weeks the other guy is getting called out by his teammates for babying his injuries- that makes the decision even easier....last thing the Cavs need is another prima donna with injury issues-- especially when the prima donna thinks he is a lot better then he is. At leas the Cavs prima donnas are great players.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
absolutely...not even a question. Whiteside would be a disaster offensively and totally stop any kind of ball movement or pace the Cavs are trying to establish---- and defensively the CAvs greatest strength is that they have a bunch of good athletes with good size that can switch and defend multiple positiions- LeBron, Shump, Smith, Thompson....

why trade for Whiteside when you would only use him like you use Mozgov- as a matchup guy.

you think Whiteside could stay on the floor against those small lineups of the Warriors or Spurs or OKC with how they run and shoot? It would be a disaster.

Just.....wow.

You know I'm Team Russ.

But, your homerism runs deep today.

Intangibles are great, when the talent level is close.

It's not close here, Russ.

One guy is clear better than the other.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You're the ass clown using a 1 year stat of Whiteside not making the playoffs as a factor in this converation

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just.....wow.

You know I'm Team Russ.

But, your homerism runs deep today.

Intangibles are great, when the talent level is close.

It's not close here, Russ.

One guy is clear better than the other.
its all about beating the Spurs or GSW- and Whiteside couldnt stay on the floor against those teams lineups. Thats where the conversation begins and ends with me. He would look like a fish out of water and get abused...could u even imagine him trying to run after draymond or diaw or aldridge? it would be humiliating.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

you think Whiteside could stay on the floor against those small lineups of the Warriors or Spurs or OKC with how they run and shoot? It would be a disaster. that "lineup of death " with draymond at center would make Whiteside look like a homeless man at a State Dinner.

This is like me saying BG32 is better than Anthony Davis because his assits are better.

But, what about all the other stats...lol

Blake is my Dude.

But,...no.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He doesn't even have the balls to make a fool out of himself and vote for him.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its all about beating the Spurs or GSW- and Whiteside couldnt stay on the floor against those teams lineups. Thats where the conversation begins and ends with me. He would look like a fish out of water and get abused...could u even imagine him trying to run after draymond or diaw or aldridge? it would be humiliating.

Red Herring.

The thread is not situational.

It's simply who would you rather.

Reactions: DJ

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

More humiliating then what we saw 2 weeks ago???

And I love the back peddle.

This is about who is the better player, not who you feel is better on the Cavs.