• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I'd rather have Tristan or Whiteside Poll

Take Your Pick

• Total voters

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draymond would be an option when the big 3 were Curry, Klay and Green, before Durant arrived.

Sure. He was a great 3rd option.

But he isn’t an option for best 3rd of all time because he is obviously not as good as Klay who was also a 3rd option of the KD teams.

Why I said he should not be in that debate.

Best 4th option ever?

Sure.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it makes perfect sense.

And every situation is different. Bosh’s and Love’s situations were different.

The reason Bosh did not make the playoffs is the same reason Love’s teams averaged 24.4 wins.

They were not a very good team.

So then why did you use making the playoffs for why he was better lmao

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure. He was a great 3rd option.

But he isn’t an option for best 3rd of all time because he is obviously not as good as Klay who was also a 3rd option of the KD teams.

Why I said he should not be in that debate.

Best 4th option ever?

Sure.

I use to think Dray was more valuable but after he stunk it up in the finals, I have to agree with you.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So then why did you use making the playoffs for why he was better lmao

Not what I did at all.

I used win differential. Playoffs was not the main reason. Just a part of it.

Why do you continue to ignore that Love’s teams were terrible for all but 1 of his seasons playing there?

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not what I did at all.

I used win differential. Playoffs was not the main reason. Just a part of it.

Why do you continue to ignore that Love’s teams were terrible for all but 1 of his seasons playing there?

I looked at PER and win share

Kevin love PER 21.9 and WIN share .179

Chris bosh PER 20.6 and WIN share .159

Let the numbers speak for themselves...That is how i determine who is better, not by cross conference comparisons. Team accomplishments don't determine who is a better player...Pretty obvious

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I use to think Dray was more valuable but after he stunk it up in the finals, I have to agree with you.

For the record, my own personal ranks has these 5 at the top:

Worthy, McHale and Klay in some order

Then Bosh and Allen

Then a whole bunch more in the next tier.

But those are the 5, IMO.

And yes, Klay is a better overall basketball player than Ray Allen IMO.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I looked at PER and win share

Kevin love PER 21.9 and WIN share .179

Chris bosh PER 20.6 and WIN share .159

Let the numbers speak for themselves...That is how i determine who is better, not by cross conference comparisons. Team accomplishments don't determine who is a better player...Pretty obvious

Great for you.

You can’t use 2 advanced stats you like and try to make them tell the whole story. They don’t.

Just like you can’t say Kyrie Irving is better than Curry because he severely outplayed him over a 3 game stretch in the Finals where there were extenuating circumstances.

You and I aren’t going to agree on this topic.

But you trying to act like I am wrong is hilarious.

Because you have proven over time to be as biased as anybody on these boards. So all your posts are to be taken with a grain of salt.

If you were to post a poll for who was the better player, I am betting that most people outside of Cleveland would take Bosh for the reasons I have stated.

But go on and do you.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great for you.

You can’t use 2 advanced stats you like and try to make them tell the whole story. They don’t.

Just like you can’t say Kyrie Irving is better than Curry because he severely outplayed him over a 3 game stretch in the Finals where there were extenuating circumstances.

Because you have proven over time to be as biased as anybody on these boards. So all your posts are to be taken with a grain of salt.

If you were to post a poll for who was the better player, I am betting that most people outside of Cleveland would take Bosh for the reasons I have stated.

But go on and do you.
All fair, but you also can't prove your point by saying "because Bosh plays far better D" which really can't even be proven.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All fair, but you also can't prove your point by saying "because Bosh plays far better D" which really can't even be proven.

James Harden has a career lower defensive rating than Klay Thompson. I think "you know it when you see it" really applies to defense a lot of times.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well,

Teams didn’t typically design their offensive game plan around exploiting Chris Bosh.

That absolutely happens to Love.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
James Harden has a career lower defensive rating than Klay Thompson. I think "you know it when you see it" really applies to defense a lot of times.
Agree......but Bosh is not considered some stellar defensive player.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well,

Teams didn’t typically design their offensive game plan around exploiting Chris Bosh.

That absolutely happens to Love.

An article I ran across from kingjamesgospel.com (fansided)

The Cleveland Cavaliers can now mask Kevin Love's defense (from a year ago)

A small part of it.

By my count that's 9 players who have the athleticism, length & ability necessary to compensate for Love's deficiencies on that end.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why was this moved to the Tristan/Whiteside thread? LOL...doesn't really apply but whatever.

You have Bosh as the 3rd best option ever? I know you said arguably but that's a huge argument. Too many guys, IMO, like Klay, Ray Allen, Draymond Green and Worthy, Mchale, Mike Bibby. etc.
This thread has become the "Heat and Cavs and other fans endless arguments over nothing" thread so that's why it's been moved from the general one

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Offense and the 3 pointer has emerged as a huge part of NBA success. Being good at defense is less important. Being able to hit a 3 and at high rate is...Which love is better at.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great for you.

But go on and do you.

PER 36 your favorite stat line

Kevin Love

20.6 ppg 12.7 rpg 2.6 apg .469 true fg .370 3 point .827 ft

Win Share: .179

PER: 21.9

Chris Bosh

19.4 ppg 8.6 rpg 2.0 apg .571 true fg .335 3 point .799 ft

Win share: .159

PER: 20.6

Your win share includes how much your team "wins" with you on the court and includes offense and defense. So well Bosh may have been "slightly" better at defense Love's overall game was significantly better when factoring in Offense, hence the higher win share! If your win share is higher it means your offense and defense I would say it's pretty important when also tied with PER and minutes played are similar. Class dismissed!