• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I'd rather have Tristan or Whiteside Poll

Take Your Pick

• Total voters

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um. Today?

There is more star power in the West than maybe ever before.

We were talking about 2006 -2010 which was actually pretty close and 2011-2014 which was less close.

So both things can actually be true.

But as usual, you are taking my comment out of context.

How do you explain the .600 winning % vs the east for Minnesota the year they won 40 games if the gap wasn't that big?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes I did.....but you forgot to include the first part where I say if you think Bosh is better than Love because he plays better D......

But you make a huge leap there.

Because it is incredibly stupid to say

“Anybody who plays better defense is the better player”

Nobody would ever say that.

Just as, IMO is equally stupid to not factor in defense for 2 players whose career numbers and roles are pretty darn close. Which Love and Bosh are.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh really? Okay find the comment where @tlance said Snow's better than Kyrie. Because I think you're lying.

He said Dellavadova was better lol

His reasoning was he was better at defense...He must really like defense, used it for why Bosh is better too lol

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is the point.

Love and Bosh have comparable numbers for their career with Love’s maybe slightly better. But they are close.

Bosh was clearly the better defender.

So if this is such an obvious point, then why are your boys arguing so hard for Love?
I would agree clearly the better defender, but Love is clearly the better outside and inside shooter ad well as rebounder. and might be better in these areas on the same level as Bosh as a defender. Better passer, as well, IMO.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you explain the .600 winning % vs the east for Minnesota the year they won 40 games if the gap wasn't that big?

That was the 1 year the difference really was extreme.

The West won an average of 8 more games that season.

We were looking at a span of like 9 seasons and you are hyper focusing on 1.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He said Dellavadova was better lol

His reasoning was he was better at defense...He must really like defense, used it for why Bosh is better too lol

Nope.

Never said that.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you make a huge leap there.

Because it is incredibly stupid to say

“Anybody who plays better defense is the better player”

Nobody would ever say that.

Just as, IMO is equally stupid to not factor in defense for 2 players whose career numbers and roles are pretty darn close. Which Love and Bosh are.
First, I happen to agree the Snow/Kyrie comparison was extreme, but was used to show just because Bosh played better D doesn't necessarily make him far better than Love as you have said. Love is much better in a couple important categories as well and equally stupid to dismiss rebounding and outside shooting for a guy playing the 4 and with Lebron.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would agree clearly the better defender, but Love is clearly the better outside and inside shooter ad well as rebounder. and might be better in these areas on the same level as Bosh as a defender. Better passer, as well, IMO.

Is Love a better inside shooter?

I don’t care to look that up.

True shooting percentage for their career is almost identical, but Bosh is better because he has a much higher FG%

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was the 1 year the difference really was extreme.

The West won an average of 8 more games that season.

We were looking at a span of like 9 seasons and you are hyper focusing on 1.

How do you explain him not leading Toronto to the playoffs in his last 2 years but doing it so early? Did he get worse? Maybe he just had a better team and could put up worse numbers and still make the playoffs in the east? Thoughts

If AD can't win with Lebron, is Kyrie better because he could?...Your logic doesn't make any sense.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Love a better inside shooter?

I don’t care to look that up.

True shooting percentage for their career is almost identical, but Bosh is better because he has a much higher FG%
To those who think it's obvious (and don't know if you are one) Lebron would choose Bosh his outside shooting certainly matters a ton. Would also bet Lebron loves those outlet passes as well.

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Bobby LOL.

I don’t think he is the best 3rd option ever.

But he is in the conversation with:

Worthy, McHale, Klay and I guess Ray Allen.

Draymond really can’t be on here because Klay pretty clearly is better than him.

Draymond would be an option when the big 3 were Curry, Klay and Green, before Durant arrived.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why was this moved to the Tristan/Whiteside thread? LOL...doesn't really apply but whatever.

You have Bosh as the 3rd best option ever? I know you said arguably but that's a huge argument. Too many guys, IMO, like Klay, Ray Allen, Draymond Green and Worthy, Mchale, Mike Bibby. etc.

lol

I moved something like 75+ posts. Might have been a couple that got caught in the net.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you explain him not leading Toronto to the playoffs in his last 2 years but doing it so early? Did he get worse? Maybe he just had a better team and could put up worse numbers and still make the playoffs in the east? Thoughts

If AD can't win with Lebron, is Kyrie better because he could?...Your logic doesn't make any sense.

No it makes perfect sense.

And every situation is different. Bosh’s and Love’s situations were different.

The reason Bosh did not make the playoffs is the same reason Love’s teams averaged 24.4 wins.

They were not a very good team.