• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I You Guys See Where We Could Get Better in The Secondary Now

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the one's that will debate it, your delusional. For those that aren't sure, I'm talking about Cully (who I like) moving to fs, Goldson not brought back and a solid ss brought in to compete with Whitner. I then would like a cb drafted early to compete for a spot with Cox, Brown and Rodgers.

This is something I've debated with a couple of you about, so I made a thread (while I've been drinking) to bring it back to light. I was wondering if anyone still felt that these guys staying put are our best options?

P.S.

The topic was supposed to say I Hope You Guys See

Last edited by a moderator:

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno man, they could always get better. But it's kind of unrealistic to expect it with how much they have devoted to the linebackers and D-line. Plus, the Packers are one of the best passing offenses, so it really isn't that bad if they get beat by GB a little bit like today.

We'd have a real problem if Kolb or someone like that picked apart the 49ers secondary.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't wanna see Goldson go ANYWHERE. People don't realize what this guy brings to the table, he is one of the most complete FS in the NFL. He hits like a hammer and is great in run support, most importantly he and Whitner name receivers think twice when catching the ball in the middle of the field. He is incredibly disruptive. He could cut down on the idiotic penalities, etc. but I really like having him back there.

As for Culliver, I think he's where he needs to be which is a nickle or dime DB. I'm not really excited to see him as a starter at any point but that could change, many felt the same way about T. Brown but he has turned into a very good CB.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Cully does more good than bad. Look at the drop off when Brock came in for that series. He's got some talent but I'd clone TB in a heartbeat.

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the one's that will debate it, your delusional. For those that aren't sure, I'm talking about Cully (who I like) moving to fs, Goldson not brought back and a solid ss brought in to compete with Whitner. I then would like a cb drafted early to compete for a spot with Cox, Brown and Rodgers.

This is something I've debated with a couple of you about, so I made a thread (while I've been drinking) to bring it back to light. I was wondering if anyone still felt that these guys staying put are our best options?

P.S.

The Packers are one of the best passing offenses in the league and how many yards did our secondary give up?? 257 on 39 attempts, with some of that coming on a garbage drive. I say that is pretty damn good for this secondary and I like it how it is, I would replace Carlos Rogers before Culliver, he has some mistakes but has a lot of promise. No player is perfect, every player makes mistakes, he maybe has made a few more but it is only his 2nd year. He will only get better

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm not going to get involve with this thread. Everyone knows that I am the most vocal person on this board when it comes to Culliver. I'm not going to beat a dead horse.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno man, they could always get better. But it's kind of unrealistic to expect it with how much they have devoted to the linebackers and D-line. Plus, the Packers are one of the best passing offenses, so it really isn't that bad if they get beat by GB a little bit like today.

We'd have a real problem if Kolb or someone like that picked apart the 49ers secondary.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is that Goldson can be replaced. He's good, however, there is no reason to pay him all the money he's asking when he can be replaced.

Again, he's a good fs, he's just so undisciplined. His coverage is decent, I just think Cully would bring us more ball skills at the last level.

I like Cully too, I just think at cb he's a little overmatched against top wr's. I don't see him as a natural cb, he'll excel as a fs. Also be less expensive while we have cap problems.

The draft has some solid cb's entering hat will be available when we raft in the 1st or 2nd, even if we trade up back into the 2nd. I'm sure out of Rhodes, Poyer, Ryan, Wilson, Amerson and Trufant we'll be able to match Cully's production at cb.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Packers are one of the best passing offenses in the league and how many yards did our secondary give up?? 257 on 39 attempts, with some of that coming on a garbage drive. I say that is pretty damn good for this secondary and I like it how it is, I would replace Carlos Rogers before Culliver, he has some mistakes but has a lot of promise. No player is perfect, every player makes mistakes, he maybe has made a few more but it is only his 2nd year. He will only get better

You're already focused on the wrong shit. You seem like one of those "stat" guys. Stats only tell part of the story. I posted this way before the stats were final. It will be hard to discuss this topic with a "win/loss standing" fan like your self. No disrespect.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You're already focused on the wrong shit. You seem like one of those "stat" guys. Stats only tell part of the story. I posted this way before the stats were final. It will be hard to discuss this topic with a "win/loss standing" fan like your self. No disrespect.

I'm glad you get it man. Nice post! Many people are like him, believe or not.

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Im not that big of a stat guy. I see Culliver and like I said he makes mistakes but most people point out the bad plays made by him and not the good. We can always get better but this secondary has improved a lot since last year and there is no denying that

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess the point I'm trying to make is that Goldson can be replaced. He's good, however, there is no reason to pay him all the money he's asking when he can be replaced.

Again, he's a good fs, he's just so undisciplined. His coverage is decent, I just think Cully would bring us more ball skills at the last level.

I like Cully too, I just think at cb he's a little overmatched against top wr's. I don't see him as a natural cb, he'll excel as a fs. Also be less expensive while we have cap problems.

The draft has some solid cb's entering hat will be available when we raft in the 1st or 2nd, even if we trade up back into the 2nd. I'm sure out of Rhodes, Poyer, Ryan, Wilson, Amerson and Trufant we'll be able to match Cully's production at cb.

Well, I definitely agree with you that the 49ers can do better in the secondary. These guys are good, but they can all get replaced. It just seems unlikely with how much they are paying Willis, Bowman, Brooks, Justin, RayMac, and either Soap or RJF will get a big contract this offseason too.

They'll probably lose Dashon in FA this year, so its likely the secondary will get a makeover. Unless the 9ers give him the tag again.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not that big of a stat guy. I see Culliver and like I said he makes mistakes but most people point out the bad plays made by him and not the good. We can always get better but this secondary has improved a lot since last year and there is no denying that

I said I like Culliver. I stated that I think he would excel at fs, how is that pointing out bad?

I think you're the one that's trying to turn things to a negative.

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said I like Culliver. I stated that I think he would excel at fs, how is that pointing out bad?

Lol I did not say you in my post

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What are you talking about? You didn't say me in your post? I'm a little drunk, excuse me if I'm missing something.

Can you explain what you're talking about with this post?

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You that you liked Culliver and asked how is that pointing out that bad, in my original posted I never specifically said you were the one pointing out Cullivers bad plays.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You that you liked Culliver and asked how is that pointing out that bad, in my original posted I never specifically said you were the one pointing out Cullivers bad plays.

So why did you bring it up? That was what I was saying when I said that it would be hard to discuss with you. No disrespect to your character, I just see that we think on a complete different wave.

No prob, GO NINERS!

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, I want to do whatever it takes to keep a physical secondary together. In a passing league, all those hard hits accumulate and lead to alligator arms in the second half

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont think culliver would be a good fit for what we need in a safety.

TheNinerMind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Not sure what wrong you think Culliver committed yesterday. He didn't allow any touchdowns. The only big play he allowed was to James Jones and that play wasn't bad. Culliver tipped the pass. Jones just made an incredible second effort.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

P.S.

I'd rather draft a Center and a Wide Receiver to play opposite Crabtree. Perhaps that WR could come in FA though.